• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Driving Better Car Parking Across the Latrobe Valley
Investment on new free car parks for the Latrobe Valley: Moe added to the Regional Car Park’s Fund.
By Portal Admin - 3rd November 2019 - Back to News
The Andrews Labor Government is delivering on its commitment to invest in new free car parks for the Latrobe Valley, with Moe now added to the Regional Car Park’s Fund.
Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing today visited George Street, Moe, to announce the additional parking as part of the Labor Government’s $30 million fund, as well as community engagement sessions to be held on the potential sites in Morwell and Traralgon.
The Government has added Moe to the project after considering the growing needs of the Latrobe Valley – with up to 90 of the new car spaces to be developed in the town.
While final numbers are subject to planning considerations, Moe’s inclusion means the Latrobe Valley is set to receive over 800 free car parks through the Labor Government’s project, which will also create up to 40 new local jobs in the region during construction.
Regional Development Victoria is working with Latrobe City Council and the community to identify the most suitable sites across the Valley – with up to eight sites investigated as possibilities across the three towns, including three in Traralgon, four in Morwell and one in Moe.
The community is encouraged to have their say on the proposed carpark sites online via a survey available on the website and in person at a community consultation which is on Wednesday 6 November from 3-7pm at the Morwell RSL at 52 Elgin St, Morwell.
More information about preferred Latrobe Valley sites and locations can be found on the Regional Development Victoria website via http://www.rdv.vic.gov.au/grants-and-programs/regional-car-parks-fund.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"We’re proud to be delivering more than 800 carparks across the Latrobe Valley and helping our communities support local businesses as retail, employment, health and TAFE opportunities continue to grow across the board."
"We want to make the Latrobe Valley an even better place to live, work and invest and it’s important initiatives like this that make our towns more liveable and attract even greater economic opportunity to our region."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Mecwacare Announced as New Provider
Mecwacare chosen by both the State and Federal governments as the provider of Aged and Disability Services and Assessment Services for the Bass Coast Shire and will start servicing Bass Coast clients from January 2020.
- Growing Careers for Hard-Working Hospital Workers in Eastern Victoria
New training and skills program now open to non-clinical workers in Victorian health services to help them to grow long and exciting careers in the health sector.
- West Gippsland Healthcare Group Celebrates Completion of New Short Stay Unit and Third Operating Theatre
newly completed Short Stay Unit and third Operating Theatre at West Gippsland Hospital
- Latrobe Valley Residents Paint the Town Proud
Newly transformed public places across the Latrobe Valley for resident to enjoy.
- Half Price Travel for Carers in Eastern Victoria
Half price weekday travel, free weekend travel and extra concessions from a funding boost.
- Latrobe Valley Yacht Club
Hazelwood Power Station closure.
- Latrobe City Welcomes our Newest Citizens
Newly naturalised Australian citizens from countries including Italy, Russia, Iran, Sri Lanka and the Philippines, warmly welcomed at Latrobe City Councils second Citizenship Ceremony.
- Latrobe City Mentors Donate 6,800 Hours to Local Learners
Latrobe City Mentors will provide 6,800 hours supervising local learner drivers with its 10-year anniversary.
- Latrobe City Council Appoints New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Dan Clancey elected as Mayor and Cr Alan McFarlane as deputy.
- Latrobe City Law Enforcement Special Olympics Torch Run
Special Olympics Torch Run Tour to Latrobe City by Victoria Police and Special Olympics Australia.
- Latrobe City Traffic School Hosts Gippsland Bike Ed Challenge
Regional championship at the Latrobe City Traffic School in Morwell.
- Latrobe City say ‘Thanks for the hand’
Volunteers received a special gift to acknowledge the contribution they make to the community.
- Safe & Strong Latrobe Executive Leadership Forum
Focus on gender equality and prevention of family violence in the business sector at Latrobe Executive Leadership forum.
- Works Commence at Latrobe Creative Precinct
Latrobe Creative Precinct excavation works commencing on site this week.
- New Home for the Voice of Latrobe
Latrobe Health Advocate moves into a new home in Morwell CBD.
- Brown Coal to Produce Hydrogen in Latrobe Valley
Pilot project launched at the Loy Yang Power Station where J-Power Latrobe Valley Pty Ltd (J-Power) to produce hydrogen from brown coal.
- Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner visits Latrobe City
Mr Peter McGauran visits Latrobe City.
- Ballet under the Stars Comes to the Latrobe Valley
Australian Ballet’s free outdoor gala event Ballet Under the Stars will visit the Latrobe Valley.
- Defence Sector Prospects for Latrobe City
Business delegation led to Latrobe City Council showcasing the specialist business and industry expertise available in Latrobe City connected to the defence sector.
- Brancourts Closure a Blow for the Latrobe Valley
Tough times for 30 local employees of Brancourts’ Traralgon processing plant.
- Garden Talent in Full Bloom in Latrobe City
Gardening skills of Latrobe City residents recognised at the Latrobe City Garden Competition awards night.
- Grant Round Open for Local Crime and Safety Solutions - Latrobe Valley
$25 million investment in the Community Crime Prevention Program.
- New Blue Gum Plantation Ready to Bloom
Timber plantation on crown land in the Latrobe Valley already completed.
- Safer Rural Intersections across Gippsland
Nineteen of highest-risk intersections in Gippsland targeted with state-wide blitz project.
- A New Chairperson Appointed and Lots More!
An update on news, events, activities and opportunities across the Food & Fibre sector in Gippsland.
- Skate Parks Ready to Ride
New completed skate parks at Cowes, Grantville and Corinella.
- Swinburne Bachelor of Design student Holly Barbour’s volunteering efforts spread across Victoria and span the Tasman
Swinburne design student, Holly Barbour, who is an avid volunteer in Gippsland (while working, studying and having a social life!).
- New Technology Boosting Safety in Nar Nar Goon
New technology installed at a high-risk intersection near Nar Nar Goon, for easier and safer turning to the Princes Highway.
- New Playspace for Warragul Worth its Weight in Marbles
Brand new play equipment for students at Warragul North Primary School with Pick My Project initiative.
- New Island Off-Leash Beaches Introduced
New off-leash beach areas in San Remo, Cape Woolamai, Cowes West and Ventnor will be introduced by 1 December 2019 in time for summer.
- New Bills Introduced into Victorian Parliament Last Week
Three new bills introduced into Parliament this week.
- New Vichealth Funding to Grow Community Sport in Eastern Victoria
The Victorian Health Promotion Foundation (VicHealth) announced a$500,000 funding to support sports clubs in Eastern Victoria.
- A New Jobs and Volunteering Hub for Gippsland
New job opportunities for Gippsland locals with new job hub.
- Keeping the Legacy of our Veterans Alive in Latrobe City
Keeping alive the legacy of local veterans with funding to support the Yinnar Cenotaph Lighting Project, the Traralgon Cemetery Trust War Memorial Precinct and the Traralgon RS Sub-Branch rental of a giant screen for ANZAC Day 2020.
- Upgraded Classrooms and Facilities for Newborough Primary School
Bigger, better classrooms and school facilities for Newborough Primary School.
- Gippsland Business Festival a big success for Latrobe City
Huge turnout of business owners and entrepreneur’s at ‘Tom O’Toole – Ingredients of Success’.
- Free Tafe Graduates at Tafe Gippsland Ready for Work
Free TAFE students from TAFE Gippsland have graduated from their courses.