Wellington Local News:
Women in Business Network Project launched
A strong voice in the community following the launch of the Women in Business Network
By Karen Gregory - 23rd September 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
The network, supported by Wellington Shire and Latrobe City Councils and Streetlife was launched by the Minister for Small Business, Hon Marsha Thompson, MP.
Over the next few months the network will identify the needs of women in business in Wellington and Latrobe, develop a mentoring model, and provide opportunities for training.
Project consultant Angelika Clutterbuck said that the next event would be two public forums to assess the needs of women in business for Latrobe and Wellington.
Called "What Women Want" the Wellington forum will be held Monday, 7 October from 7pm to 8.30pm in the Wellington Room at the Port of Sale Civic Centre and the Latrobe forum will be held on Thursday, 10 October at Latrobe City Council Centre, Morwell, also from 7pm to 8.30 pm.
More than 50 people attended the launch of the network last Friday. Seven women in business profiled their careers, including:
- Caroline Crossley - Cowwar Art Space,
- Janine Hayes - Tandem Skydives,
- Chris Reed - Toongabbie Kennels,
- Dr. Rowena Barrett - Monash University,
- Debbie Bye - ABC radio, and
- Rhonda Neille and Sue Gault - Desert Star Bellydancers.
Wellington Mayor Malcolm Hole said encouraging women in business to establish a strong network across Central Gippsland would bring significant benefits to the community.
The network would give local women access to high quality, practical information to help build a successful, rewarding business.
For more information on the forthcoming forums and to confirm your attendance please ring Angelika Clutterbuck on 0421 658 048.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Business Adaptation Grants program has been extended.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Governmentís Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- New Business Penalties and Rules raise concern
Strong penalties and rules that now apply for booking arrangements in Regional Victoria.
- Council backs businesses with Small Business Grants
A well governed grant that would help enable businesses to create investment opportunities and employment that would benefit the community.
- Labor Abandons Jobless Women in State Budget
Minister couldnít say how many women Laborís budget measures will support them to get back into the workforce.
- Eastern Victorian Businesses Going Digital for Covid Normal
Launch of the Victorian Governmentís Small Business Digital Adaptation Program.
- Council working to help Business Access Outdoor Dining Assistance
$87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package ready to assist local businesses.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Northe Ė Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Voucher Program Supports Businesses
Councilís Business Support Voucher program to help local businesses.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Launch of New look 2020 International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
Launch of International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
- Traralgon Renewable Energy Project Supported by Latrobe City Council
Renewable energy project at Traralgon Neighbourhood Learning House.
- School Buildings Project Funding Announced
Local schools to receive funding for building upgrades and capital investments.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- New Addition to Cowes Footpath Network
$90,000 project will take around four weeks to complete under the Aspirational Pathways Program.
- Strong Advocates for Bass Coast
PUGRC estimates that by 2031, peri urban councils will grow by an average of 45 per cent.
- Regional Travel Scheme Launched
Regional Travel Voucher Scheme launched with first 40,000 vouchers valued at $200 each available to be redeemed for travel between Saturday, 12 December 2020 and Friday, 22 January 2021.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Planning for Aquatics Centres Underway
Business Case that include operational and concept plans to prepare Phillip Island Aquatic and Leisure Centre and a redeveloped Bass Coast Aquatic and Leisure Centre in Wonthaggi.
- No Support for Cellar Doors Closed for Coronavirus Shutdowns
No business support for family-run cellar doors.
- Dine Outdoors this Summer
Council, local business and tourism groups to promote and encourage people in outdoor dining to help boost the economy.
- Council welcomes VinFast to Bass Coast
VinFast to establish business in Bass Coast that will help support local jobs, while also acknowledging the value of the surrounding bushland.
- Federal Investment gets Murray Basin Rail Project back on Track
$200 million Commonwealth rescue package to revive the Murray Basin Rail Project.
- Liberal Nationals Release New Plan to get Victorians Back to Work and Back in Business
Victoria needs a bold plan.
- Community Food Relief Fund Applications Open
Launch of the State Governments $5 million Community Food Relief Fund