Latrobe Local News:
Rex Announces Service to Latrobe Regional Airport
Commencement of services to the Latrobe Regional Airport at Traralgon by October
By Armon Hicks - 3rd September 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
Sydney; 4th September 2002. Regional Express has announced it will commence services to the Latrobe Regional Airport at Traralgon in the Latrobe Valley of Victoria from Monday 14 October as part of upgrading its Melbourne to Merimbula services.
"We have indicated all along that we believed there are opportunities to add destinations, increase the number of flights and enhance service to regional Australia, so we are delighted we can deliver on these promises," Mr. Michael Jones, Chief Executive Officer, Regional Express said.
Latrobe City Chief Executive Officer Richard Hancock said "We are delighted that Rex has agreed to provide air services out of the Latrobe Regional Airport linking the region to Melbourne and the rest of Australia. There has been a lot of discussion with Rex leading up to this very positive announcement. We will be assisting Rex with the marketing of the service and this provides a great opportunity to promote our region
Bookings can be made immediately for services from 14th October. Adding Rex flights to the Latrobe Regional airport, provides a gateway to the Latrobe Valley and the beautiful Gippsland region, making it far easier for Victorians and all Australians to visit on business and for leisure. The many attractions of the region are now only 40 minutes from Melbourne" Mr. Jones said.
"The doubling of services between Merimbula and Melbourne will meet community requests for improved services to Melbourne.
Effective from 14 October the Regional Express schedule will be amended as follows:
- Twice daily services Monday to Friday between Melbourne and Traralgon by a Metro 23 aircraft;
- Upgraded to a twice daily service Monday to Friday between Melbourne and Merimubla effectively doubling capacity; and
- A daily service between Traralgon and Sydney via Merimbula by a combination of Saab 340 and Metro 23 aircraft.
"The decision to upgrade services and to add a new destination reflects the impact of community support for Rex services. Rex will make commercial decisions about destinations – if services are to be introduced or enhanced they must be supported by local communities.
"I am confident that we will continue to add routes and new destinations to our network over the coming weeks. Only last week we announced the new service between Sydney and Mildura," Mr. Jones said in conclusion.
About Regional Express
Regional Express is Australia's new regional airline bringing together Kendell Airlines and Hazelton Airlines under the one new ownership. Rex flies to 31 regional and metropolitan destinations in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania. All tickets are e-tickets and can be purchased by calling 13 17 13, visiting www.regionalexpress.com.au or via travel agents.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Galley new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Latrobe City’s Australia Day Award Winners Announced
Awards presented in recognition of significant service to the community.
- Latrobe City Libraries Sensitive Santa Sessions embraced by Community
Quiet, gentle introduction to Santa for children with sensory needs.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Latrobe health ready for vaccine rollout
People at high risk will be prioritised and be provided with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine.
- Regional Travel Scheme Launched
Regional Travel Voucher Scheme launched with first 40,000 vouchers valued at $200 each available to be redeemed for travel between Saturday, 12 December 2020 and Friday, 22 January 2021.
- Regional Victoria to Take Third Step
In the Third Step you can form household bubbles.which will allow households across regional Victoria to choose one other household to be in a bubble. You can visit them in their home and they can visit you – with up to a total of five visitors.
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.
- Regional Victoria Robbed in Big Borrowing, Big Debt Labor Budget
Outspent on city-focused State Budget, delivered little for regional Victorians.
- Regional Roadmap Goes in Wrong Direction
Concerns for many local businesses with Regional Roadmap.
- Regional Roadmap Going in Wrong Direction
Calls to review the thresholds that apply to the "Last Step" within the reopening roadmap to Regional Victoria.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- More Services along the Gippsland Line
Improved train frequency and reliability with a redesigned timetable effective early next year.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Regional Vic must Benefit from State Budget
2020-21 Victorian State Budget should lay out a plan to restore Victorians’ lives and livelihoods.
- Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Victoria comes out of the second wave.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Council’s Building Services Team can Answer your Building Questions
Building Services team is available to answer questions relating to building works and permits during the restrictions.
- New Regional COVID Rules a Mixed Bag
Mixed views on COVID-19 restrictions for Regional Victorians.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Customer Service Up and Running in Cowes
Council has opened a new Customer Service Centre in Cowes
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- Helping Baw Baw and Latrobe Prepare for Emergencies
City Council to receive funding to get ready for emergencies
- Program to Reconnect the Latrobe Valley with Jobs
Latrobe Valley people to receive help to re-join the workforce in a $47 million Reconnect expansion program.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Statement on Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Towards recovery with the Third Step.
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Paint Recycling Service Suspended Temporarily
Paint is unable to be accepted at transfer stations.
- Aquatic centre access a win for Latrobe Leisure members
Leisure members to have complementary access on GRAC according to membership classification.
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- Bass Coast Shire Council makes more service changes due to COVID
Face-to-face customer services and visitor services will cease at Wonthaggi, Cowes and Inverloch and will operate in other communication means.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Traralgon Renewable Energy Project Supported by Latrobe City Council
Renewable energy project at Traralgon Neighbourhood Learning House.
- Statement on COVID Restrictions for Regional Victoria
Regional Victoria re-entering Stage 3 COVID restrictions this week.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Separate Roadmap Needed for Regional Victoria
Letter to the editor on a separate roadmap needed for regional Victoria.
- Long-lasting impacts of lockdown on regional Victorians
Our most recent lockdown may have lasted five days, but the impacts will be long-lasting across our regional communities. Is the local government's lack of pandemic preparation making our state suffer?
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- Early Works Underway for Car Parks in the Latrobe Valley
Tests underway to determine feasibility of the eight preferred sites in Moe, Morwell and Traralgon.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- Truth Masked by Minister on Mandatory Face Coverings for Regional Vic
Regional Victorians need to continue to wear masks.
- Shocktober Campaign aims to help Save Lives in Regional Victoria
Ambulance Victoria are encouraging communities to learn CPR and how to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), everyday 18 Victorians suffer a cardiac arrest, this can happen to anyone anywhere at any time.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- Stage 3 Changes to Waste Services
Waste Facilities remain open, but in accordance with State Government directions you should avoid travel unless for essential purposes only.
- More Testing Facilities Needed in Latrobe
Enhanced testing capacities in the Latrobe Valley urged.
- Changes to Facilities and Services
Closing community facilities is a difficult but necessary step.
- Low Cases Grounds for Early Mark for Regional Vic
Implement New South Wales restrictions in country areas.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.