Gippsland Portal Local News:
New Report states more investment is needed in rural areas,
The government has been urged to overcome regional disadvantage
By ABC online - 18th January 2001 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have saidThe Federal Government's key advisory group on regional issues has urged the Government to do more to help attract investment in country areas and to overcome regional disadvantage.
Click here for the full story. here
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Ombudsman’s Report Raises Energy Connection Issues
Statistics from the annual Victoria Energy and
Water Ombudsman report showed a huge jump in complaints related to new energy
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Bath states Labor must Reject Alberton Wind Farm
Community concerns regarding the Alberton Wind Farm
- More Rehab Beds for Young Victorians
More support for young regional Victorians with a new youth residential rehab facility.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- More Improvements to Roads and Pathways
Capital Works projects underway, including road sealing and footpath renewals.
- More Funding Announced For Environment Volunteers in Eastern Victoria
Opening of the 2019-2020 Victorian Landcare Grant.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Training More Drivers Doesn’t Fix Old, Unreliable Trains
Training more VLine drivers does not replace old trains.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Helping More Young Victorians Learn To Drive
Support for young Victorian student drivers.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Community Input Needed for Off-Leash Areas
Community input needed on potential off-leash beach areas.
- Community Input Needed on Masterplans
Future of Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes and Harold Hughes Reserve in Corinella.
- Eastern Victoria Locals Urged to Take Care on Quad Bikes
A renewed call for vigilance on and around all-terrain vehicles or quad bikes.