• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Building a Sustainable Eastern Victoria
$2.6 million Sustainable Infrastructure Fund grants opened to encourage the use of recycled materials in local infrastructure projects across Victoria.
By Portal Admin - 30th August 2020 - Back to News
The Victorian Government is rolling out recycled materials for local infrastructure projects – creating local jobs and supporting our growing circular economy.
Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change Lily D’Ambrosio today opened the $2.6 million Sustainable Infrastructure Fund grants to increase the use of recycled materials in local infrastructure projects across Victoria.
Grants of up to $300,000 are open to local councils and alpine resort management boards to use recycled materials such as glass, paper, cardboard, plastics and rubber to build new infrastructure including roads, footpaths, outdoor park equipment, drainages and cycleways.
The grants are supported by the Government’s previous $4.5 million investment in the development and use of new recycled products through the Research, Development and Demonstration program - increasing the uptake of recycled products, improving market confidence and demand, and supporting innovation.
Victoria’s 79 local councils are expected to spend more than $8 billion on infrastructure projects over the next three years, presenting a significant opportunity to increase the use of recycled materials.
Recycling Victoria – the Government’s 10-year action plan for waste and recycling – is investing more than $300 million to transform the state’s recycling sector, reduce waste, create thousands of jobs and set Victoria up for a more sustainable future.
For more information and to apply for the grants visit: sustainability.vic.gov.au/SIF
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"We’re supporting councils to build innovative infrastructure and make the most out of recycled materials as we continue to build a strong circular economy for Victoria."
"Our local community has demanded action on recycling and the Victorian Government is delivering."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Eastern Victoria Clubs Urged to Apply for Sport and Active Recreation Grants
Applications are now open for the latest round of the Victorian Government’s 2020-21 Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Eastern Victorian Businesses Going Digital for Covid Normal
Launch of the Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program.
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- Supporting Eastern Victoria’s Men’s Sheds
Men in Eastern Victoria will continue to have places to connect, build new friendships and share skills.
- Council’s Building Services Team can Answer your Building Questions
Building Services team is available to answer questions relating to building works and permits during the restrictions.
- School Buildings Project Funding Announced
Local schools to receive funding for building upgrades and capital investments.
- Victorians Urged to Prepare for Fire Season
Fire Action Week runs until 25 October, a time for households to increase their understanding of local fire risks, prepare their properties and plan how to stay safe.
- Regional Victoria Robbed in Big Borrowing, Big Debt Labor Budget
Outspent on city-focused State Budget, delivered little for regional Victorians.
- Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Victoria comes out of the second wave.
- Putting the Mental Health of Victorians First in Eastern Victoria
Victorian Budget 2020/21 will include $868.6 million to ensure Victorians have the mental health support.
- Regional Victoria to Take Third Step
In the Third Step you can form household bubbles.which will allow households across regional Victoria to choose one other household to be in a bubble. You can visit them in their home and they can visit you – with up to a total of five visitors.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Supporting the Landcare Jobs that Protect Eastern Victoria’s Environment
8.967 million to support the Victorian Landcare Program and environmental volunteering.
- Liberal Nationals Release New Plan to get Victorians Back to Work and Back in Business
Victoria needs a bold plan.
- Statement on Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Towards recovery with the Third Step.
- Big Housing Build for Eastern Victoria
Biggest ever investment in public and community housing.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.
- $2.5 Million for Cowes Cultural Centre
Demolition of the old site is underway, while construction of the new facility will start in early 2021 and is expected to take 12 to 14 months.
- Statement on COVID Restrictions for Regional Victoria
Regional Victoria re-entering Stage 3 COVID restrictions this week.
- Shocktober Campaign aims to help Save Lives in Regional Victoria
Ambulance Victoria are encouraging communities to learn CPR and how to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), everyday 18 Victorians suffer a cardiac arrest, this can happen to anyone anywhere at any time.
- New Federal funds could open the floodgates to Big Buffalo
Victoria must seize the opportunity to build Big Buffalo and boost water security for irrigators in the northeast after the Federal Budget delivered an unprecedented $2 billion for water infrastructure
- Sole Trader Support Fund Applications Now Open
Victorian Governments Sole Trader Support Fund is now open for application.
- Separate Roadmap Needed for Regional Victoria
Letter to the editor on a separate roadmap needed for regional Victoria.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
14 Million in funds through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) to enable volunteer organisations.
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Labor’s Seasonal Worker Media Blitz not working for Victoria
Genuine proposals ignored as looming gap of more than 20,000 workers expected to hamper the fruit harvest over the next few
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.