• Add My News • Search Old News
Latrobe Local News:
Latrobe Creative Precinct – Sod turning Ceremony
Commemoration: beginning of construction of the Latrobe Creative Precinct.
By Portal Admin - 11th April 2019 - Back to News
Latrobe City Mayor Cr Graeme Middlemiss was joined by Hon Darren Chester MP, Harriet Shing MLC, Melina Bath MLC and Hon Russell Northe MLA in turning the sod to commemorate the beginning of construction of the Latrobe Creative Precinct. This event is a critical milestone in bringing to life a major cultural infrastructure project in Latrobe City.
The Latrobe Creative Precinct is more than just a theatre; it’s a community space where patrons will be entertained by great shows, participate in theatrical productions and performances and enjoy the great outdoor performance spaces.
This sod turning event marks the commencement of a multi-million dollar project, which is the culmination of many years of community advocacy and planning to provide a top class performing arts facility for Latrobe City.
The construction is set to create approximately 40 full-time jobs during the construction and approximately 10 jobs to be retained once the project is complete.
This exciting project will include:
- A 750-seat theatre
- Refurbishment of the current performing arts centre into creative industries training centre
- Visitor Information Services
- Landscape of outdoor performance event spaces, and
- A café to complement the precinct experiences
Federal Government, State Government and Latrobe City Council are co-funding this $30 Million plus project.
It is expected that the Latrobe Creative Precinct will be open for business in late 2020.
Latrobe City Mayor Graeme Middlemiss, Hon Darren Chester MP and Harriet Shing MLC
Front of building concept
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Latrobe City Council Successfully Pursues Legal Action
Legal action against two individuals in relation to breaches of the Building Act 1993
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- Latrobe City Libraries Seeking Feedback
Feedback needed on City Library collections.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Toll Disparity to Hit Latrobe Valley Pockets
Disappointment as Victorians forced to fund the building of the West Gate Tunnel project.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Safe and Strong Latrobe
Safe and Strong Latrobe, designed to prevent violence against women.
- Northe asks what RET means for Latrobe Valley
North emphasized the need to understand associated modelling and potential impacts on Latrobe Valley workers, contractors, families and businesses with VRET.
- Upgrade of Netball Precinct at Inverloch Recreation Reserve
Upgrades to Inverloch-Kongwak Football Netball Club.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Asbestos Taskforce Kicks Off in the Latrobe Valley
Asbestos taskforce first meeting for the Latrobe Valley.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Domestic Wastewater Management
Public Draft of Latrobe City’s Domestic Wastewater Management Plan released.
- Good Chef, Bad Chef to Feature at Sister Cities Festival
‘Good Chef’ Rosie to cook at Latrobe City Council’s Sister Cities Festival on Friday 9 November at the Moe Botanical Gardens.
- Costa to Celebrate Community at Rose Garden Festival
Costa Georgiadis at Latrobe City Council’s Rose Garden Festival.
- Unauthorised Building Works Result In Fines for Owner
Successful legal action by Latrobe City Council against a Morwell property owner
- Magistrates Proceedings
Flamin Donuts and Not Maccas in the Latrobe Valley Magistrates proceedings this week.