• Add My News • Search Old News
Latrobe Local News:
Latrobe City Libraries Seeking Feedback
Feedback needed on City Library collections.
By Portal Admin - 23rd February 2019 - Back to News
Latrobe City Council’s library service is seeking your feedback on its collections with two short surveys – one for members, and one for non-members.
Libraries exist in the community, for the community, so we are asking what people want to access. The surveys seek your views on our physical material, on the shelves and what is available virtually via online services. We are also asking if there are barriers that prevent people and members from engaging with the many library services on offer.
Your feedback is invaluable in being able to plan, shape and update our collections and online services. Please take a few minutes to let us know what you want from your library. The surveys close on Friday 29 March 2019.
Both surveys are available as hard copies from library branches or service centres or online at www.latrobe.vic.gov.au/Haveyoursay.
Latrobe City Library Staff member
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe City Council’s Draft Budget 2020-21
Reduced tourism and decreased revenue considered in Latrobe City Council’s Draft Budget 2020-21.
- Latrobe City Celebrates Australia Day Award Winners
Australia Day celebrated by honoring community members.
- Nominate now for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
Nominations for 2021 Australia Day Awards now open.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital Steps Up for Patients
Latrobe Regional Hospital has continued to perform strongly in treating and caring for patients - providing operations to 100 per cent of the Category 1 urgent elective surgery patients.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Taking Shape
Latrobe Creative Precinct takes shape with construction of the fly tower set to take centre stage in the coming weeks.
- Latrobe Valley Yacht Club
Latrobe Valley Yacht Club (LVYC) entering into dialogue with the Lake Wellington Yacht Club is bittersweet news for many in the Latrobe Valley community.
- Latrobe Valley Regional Rehabilitation Strategy
Rehabilitation of Latrobe Valley’s brown coal mines announced.
- Latrobe Youth Space Development to Generate Local Jobs
4.3 million to design, develop and run the Latrobe Youth Space in Morwell to support young people.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Update
State-of-the-art performing arts centre, Latrobe Creative Precinct update.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Sporting Clubs Set to Kick Goals for Health
More opportunities to get active and play sport.
- Latrobe to Receive Additional Police
More police resources will be dedicated to regional areas of Victoria including in Latrobe.
- Funding Boost for Latrobe Valley Sporting Clubs
Facility upgrades in Latrobe Valley for hundreds of avid sportspeople to enjoy.
- Welcome to Latrobe City
New signs to the entrance to the city.
- Helping Children in The Latrobe Valley get the most out of Kindergarten
Extra support for learning and development for kinder kids.
- Helping Children in the Latrobe Valley Celebrate with Free Activities
Support for local communities across the state to host fun and free activities on this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Designs Unveiled for Latrobe Regional Hospital Revamp
Artist impressions released for the massive expansion of Latrobe Regional Hospital.
- $19,184 Awarded to Latrobe to Keep Communities Safe
Addressing local crime and safety issues with the Community Safety Fund.
- Local Cleaning Crews Spritz and Blitz Latrobe City Centres
Huge cleaning blitz around Latrobe City.
- Additional Support for Latrobe Valley Businesses
Latrobe Valley Business and Industry Capability Fund will provide up to $1 million to support early-stage businesses in the region.
- A Look Inside The Latrobe Creative Precinct
Architect’s artist impression of the state-of-theart performing arts centre at the launch of the Latrobe Performing Arts 2020 Season.
- New Home for Squash In The Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Leisure Centre in Churchill will be upgraded to become the home of squash in the Latrobe Valley.
- Illegal Dumping in Latrobe City
Increase in illegal dumping across the municipality.
- More Police for Baw Baw, Bass Coast and Latrobe to Support Safer Communities
Additional 80 officers allocated to the police division that serves the local community to boost police resources.
- Kerbside Collection in Latrobe City
E-waste in kerbside side collection has risen and so does concerns for a potential incident.
- Small Business Bus Brings Advice on Wheels to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland
Access support and government business services as Small Business Bus visits.
- Backing Community Groups across the Latrobe Valley
13 grant recipients will share in the funding from the Labor Government's Latrobe Valley Authority's Community and Facility Fund.
- Library Closures Shine a Light on Digital Access and Older Resident Care
Latrobe City Libraries continues to deliver.
- Latest Victorian Health Performance Data Released for Latrobe Hospital
Despite the significant interruptions caused by the pandemic, hospitals and ambulances continued to manage activity well, even as they quickly began preparations to increase capacity ahead of the predicted pandemic peak.
- Honouring the Legacy of our Veterans in the Latrobe Valley
More opportunities to remember and honour veterans through various projects to build and repair memorials, preserve stories and ensure their wellbeing.
- Productive Meeting with Victorian Rail Advocate
Latrobe City Council met with the Victorian Rail Advocate Jill Walsh to hear first-hand information about rail transport needs and promote manufacturing capacity.
- Building Work at Home
Latrobe City residents uses the COVID-19 social distancing restrictions as opportunity to undertake building and maintenance work at home.
- Tree Replacement to Begin for Commercial Road Freeway Entrance Improvement
Latrobe City Council committed to improving the aesthetic of the freeway entrance at Commercial Road
- Extension Project to Benefit Impounded Animals
Latrobe City Council pound will provide the animals with more room for exercise and socialisation.
- Continuing to Deliver for the Community
Latrobe City Council continues to deliver all essential services and has adopted innovative ways.
- Six Steps sets G.E.T. on Path to Success
Latrobe City Council is again running the Six Steps to Business Success Program in 2020.
- Keep the Feedback Coming
Once developed, a Draft Plan based on recent community feedback will be made publically available for further comment, before being finalised.
- More Community-Led Projects Receive Funding
Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City to share in more than $500,000 of funding.
- Planning Picks Up despite Pandemic
Planning permit applications across Latrobe City have increased despite the COVID-19 pandemic.