• Add My News • Search Old News
Latrobe Local News:
Latrobe City Law Enforcement Special Olympics Torch Run
Special Olympics Torch Run Tour to Latrobe City by Victoria Police and Special Olympics Australia.
By Portal Admin - 15th September 2019 - Back to News
Victoria Police and Special Olympics Australia are bringing the Special Olympics Torch Run Tour to Latrobe City to promote the importance of inclusion and acceptance for people with an intellectual disability, and to promote opportunities for their participation in sport.
The Latrobe City leg of the Gippsland tour includes two torch runs at Moe and Traralgon with approximately 30 Police Officers, 20 torch bearers and 2 Cauldron Lighting Ceremony’s.
Traralgon will be supported by Gippsport as they partner with Special Olympics to run ‘Come and Try’ sports activities with the community.
Latrobe City Law Enforcement Special Olympics Torch Run Schedule:
Moe: Tuesday 10 September –Torch Run & Cauldron Lighting
2.30 pm - Starting at the Moe Police station, running through the CBD
2.40 pm - Finishing at the Moe Service Centre for the Cauldron Lighting Ceremony.
Traralgon: Wednesday 11 September –Torch Run, Cauldron Lighting & Come and Try Event
10.00 am - Starting at the Traralgon Police Station, running through the CBD
10.20 am - Finishing at Victory Park (grassed area near soundshell) for the Cauldron Lighting ceremony
10.30 am - ‘Come and Try’ sports activities supported by Gippsport
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe City Mentors Donate 6,800 Hours to Local Learners
Latrobe City Mentors will provide 6,800 hours supervising local learner drivers with its 10-year anniversary.
- Latrobe City Traffic School Hosts Gippsland Bike Ed Challenge
Regional championship at the Latrobe City Traffic School in Morwell.
- Latrobe City Council Appoints New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Dan Clancey elected as Mayor and Cr Alan McFarlane as deputy.
- Latrobe City Welcomes our Newest Citizens
Newly naturalised Australian citizens from countries including Italy, Russia, Iran, Sri Lanka and the Philippines, warmly welcomed at Latrobe City Councils second Citizenship Ceremony.
- Latrobe City say ‘Thanks for the hand’
Volunteers received a special gift to acknowledge the contribution they make to the community.
- Latrobe City Showcase Defence Capabilities
70 businesses discussed supplier partnership opportunities with Rheinmetall Defence Australia.
- Latrobe Valley Residents Paint the Town Proud
Newly transformed public places across the Latrobe Valley for resident to enjoy.
- Latrobe Valley Yacht Club
Hazelwood Power Station closure.
- Safe & Strong Latrobe Executive Leadership Forum
Focus on gender equality and prevention of family violence in the business sector at Latrobe Executive Leadership forum.
- Works Commence at Latrobe Creative Precinct
Latrobe Creative Precinct excavation works commencing on site this week.
- Specialist Appointments Close to Home for West Gippsland Locals
500,000 specialist appointments in regional Victoria becomes a reality.
- Smile Squad to Visit Latrobe Valley Kids from Term One
Free dental program is rolled out to more schools in term by Smile Squad one next year.
- Defence Sector Prospects for Latrobe City
Business delegation led to Latrobe City Council showcasing the specialist business and industry expertise available in Latrobe City connected to the defence sector.
- W-League Soccer to be Showcased in Latrobe City
Latrobe City hosts elite level women’s soccer at the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium, Morwell between Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers.
- Garden Talent in Full Bloom in Latrobe City
Gardening skills of Latrobe City residents recognised at the Latrobe City Garden Competition awards night.
- Brown Coal to Produce Hydrogen in Latrobe Valley
Pilot project launched at the Loy Yang Power Station where J-Power Latrobe Valley Pty Ltd (J-Power) to produce hydrogen from brown coal.
- Driving Better Car Parking Across the Latrobe Valley
Investment on new free car parks for the Latrobe Valley: Moe added to the Regional Car Park’s Fund.
- New Home for the Voice of Latrobe
Latrobe Health Advocate moves into a new home in Morwell CBD.
- Ballet under the Stars Comes to the Latrobe Valley
Australian Ballet’s free outdoor gala event Ballet Under the Stars will visit the Latrobe Valley.
- Brancourts Closure a Blow for the Latrobe Valley
Tough times for 30 local employees of Brancourts’ Traralgon processing plant.
- Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner visits Latrobe City
Mr Peter McGauran visits Latrobe City.
- Keeping the Legacy of our Veterans Alive in Latrobe City
Keeping alive the legacy of local veterans with funding to support the Yinnar Cenotaph Lighting Project, the Traralgon Cemetery Trust War Memorial Precinct and the Traralgon RS Sub-Branch rental of a giant screen for ANZAC Day 2020.
- Gippsland Business Festival a big success for Latrobe City
Huge turnout of business owners and entrepreneur’s at ‘Tom O’Toole – Ingredients of Success’.
- Grant Round Open for Local Crime and Safety Solutions - Latrobe Valley
$25 million investment in the Community Crime Prevention Program.
- Experts Appointed to Run Traralgon Youth Rehab Beds
New youth residential rehabilitation service in the Latrobe Valley to run by alcohol and other drug support agencies.
- Are You Ready To Get All Revved Up?
Latrobe City’s inaugural motorsport celebration event - Latrobe Motorfest.
- Garden Competition
Latrobe City Council’s annual garden competition now open.
- Parliament Climate Change Hearing for Latrobe
Public hearing to tackle climate change in Victorian communities next week.
- Taking Bass Coast to the City
Collaboration and sharing with councillors and staff from City of Melbourne.
- Upgrading Education for All Traralgon Students
Development of masterplan options to modernise Traralgon College’s senior campus, and rebuild Latrobe Special Developmental School on the Traralgon College Junior Campus site.
- Northe seeks Premier’s Support of Local Quarry Industry
Support sought for ongoing issues that prevents the Latrobe Valley (LV) Quarry industry from achieving their potential.