Latrobe Local News:
Record Attendance At E-Commerce Roadshow
Small businesses in the Latrobe region are receptive to opportunities which support improvement and business growth
By Glen Waterhouse - 25th June 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
Over 100 people came to the Victorian Government E-Commerce Roadshow, at GREEN Inc on Monday 24th June. This is a record number of people to attend an e-commerce event in the Latrobe Valley.
The Enterprise Development Network (EDN), together with the Monash Regional Centre for ICT, hosted the E-Commerce Roadshow. The Enterprise Development Network comprises GREEN Inc, Gippsland Area Consultative Committee, Latrobe City Council, Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development, and the Latrobe Business Centre.
The E-Commerce Roadshow event featured a trade show of businesses that provide technology and related services and products and a series of e-commerce workshops, designed and delivered by KPMG.
The majority of people who attended were people who run micro businesses – typically from home.
Glen Waterhouse, Executive Director of GREEN Inc said, "The excellent attendance certainly indicates that these people are interested in learning, and perhaps implementing technology solutions to improve their business activities."
"We hope that this event will stimulate demand for businesses who provide e-commerce and related technology services and products, in the Latrobe Region."
State Government representatives from MultiMedia Victoria who attended, were impressed with the level of organisation, as well as the obvious enthusiastic participation by all in the event.
"This sends an important message to State Government – that small businesses in the Latrobe Region are proactive and receptive to opportunities which support improvement and business growth. I would like to thank everyone who took the time out of their busy schedules to support this event," said Glen Waterhouse.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Council backs businesses with Small Business Grants
A well governed grant that would help enable businesses to create investment opportunities and employment that would benefit the community.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Business Adaptation Grants program has been extended.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Government’s Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- Eastern Victorian Businesses Going Digital for Covid Normal
Launch of the Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- New Business Penalties and Rules raise concern
Strong penalties and rules that now apply for booking arrangements in Regional Victoria.
- COVID Small Steps Forward
Optimism and disappointment with announcement of easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Galley new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.
- Boosting Red Meat Industry, Smart Farms Small Grants, and Have your Say on New Fisheries Framework
Free weekly update on research to benefit farmers.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Government called upon to support local businesses – Northe
A call for the Government for a commitment that all goods, services and contracts are not taken away from regional businesses.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Voucher Program Supports Businesses
Council’s Business Support Voucher program to help local businesses.
- Council working to help Business Access Outdoor Dining Assistance
$87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package ready to assist local businesses.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Regions Still in Lockdown Despite No New Cases
Why do communities and businesses in country Victoria can’t move to the Last Step?
- Latrobe City Libraries Sensitive Santa Sessions embraced by Community
Quiet, gentle introduction to Santa for children with sensory needs.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Latrobe City’s Australia Day Award Winners Announced
Awards presented in recognition of significant service to the community.
- Regional Roadmap Goes in Wrong Direction
Concerns for many local businesses with Regional Roadmap.
- Latrobe health ready for vaccine rollout
People at high risk will be prioritised and be provided with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine.