Latrobe Local News:
Olympic Torch Relay
Latrobe City was pleased to welcome the Sydney 2000 Olympic Torch Relay
By Latrobe City Council - 1st June 2000 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have saidLatrobe City was pleased to welcome the Sydney 2000 Olympic Torch Relay. The City is privileged to have hosted two celebrations and cauldron lightings. Click here to view the designs for a logo commemorating the torch visit.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Latrobe City Libraries Sensitive Santa Sessions embraced by Community
Quiet, gentle introduction to Santa for children with sensory needs.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Latrobe City’s Australia Day Award Winners Announced
Awards presented in recognition of significant service to the community.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Latrobe health ready for vaccine rollout
People at high risk will be prioritised and be provided with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine.
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Galley new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Helping Baw Baw and Latrobe Prepare for Emergencies
City Council to receive funding to get ready for emergencies
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Program to Reconnect the Latrobe Valley with Jobs
Latrobe Valley people to receive help to re-join the workforce in a $47 million Reconnect expansion program.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- Labor Giving City Projects a Leg Up, but Forcing Country Communities to their Knees
Tangled red and green tape makes it too difficult for people to develop in regional Victoria.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Da Vinci exhibition opens at Latrobe Regional Gallery
An event to witness the works of Leonardo Da Vinci, the world’s greatest mind.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Aquatic centre access a win for Latrobe Leisure members
Leisure members to have complementary access on GRAC according to membership classification.
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Traralgon Renewable Energy Project Supported by Latrobe City Council
Renewable energy project at Traralgon Neighbourhood Learning House.
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.