Russel Northe MLA:
Sole Trader Support Fund Applications Now Open
Victorian Governments Sole Trader Support Fund is now open for application.
By Portal Admin - 28th September 2020 - Back to News
Member for Morwell Russell Northe wishes to advise local sole traders that the Victorian Governments Sole Trader Support Fund is now open for application.
The Sole Trader Support Fund provides up to $3,000 to assist eligible businesses with overhead costs during what has been an extraordinarily challenging time financially and emotionally.
Mr Northe said he still had concerns with respect to the eligibility criteria of this Fund, and also the exclusion of sole traders from the Governments previous funding programs.
"I have had so many sole traders contact me over recent weeks and months so upset at their exclusion from the Governments Business Support Fund, and when we received the news the Government was establishing a fund dedicated to supporting sole traders there was much rejoicing", Mr Northe said.
"However, when the detail was revealed it came to light that many sole traders would miss out under this program as well given it only applies to businesses operating out of commercial premises", Mr Northe continued.
"There are many businesses structured as sole traders who for varying reasons don’t operate out of a commercial premise but still have significant costs and overheads to contend with, yet they are eligible under this program which just does not make sense", Mr Northe said.
"The Government one the one hand has imposed restrictions that have effectively shut down many operations during the COVID pandemic, yet on the other hand many businesses have been excluded from receiving Government support and its little wonder many are aggrieved", said Mr Northe.
"Whilst I am pleased some sole traders will be recognised for support through this fund, others will miss out and this seems grossly unfair. It is also important to note that funding available for sole traders falls well short of what is available for other businesses under other Government programs which is disappointing", Mr Northe said.
"Any financial support for the business community at these times is welcomed from all levels of Government, but the inconsistency that applies in relation to sole traders is something that so many local business owners continue to raise with me", Mr Northe concluded.
For further information on the Sole Trader Support Fun and how to apply please see the website below:
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Transition Support Funding for Students with Disability
Extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways
- Northe Continues Call for Sole-Trader Support
Wanted: support for local businesses currently excluded from the Victorian Business Support Fund.
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Supporting the Landcare Jobs that Protect Eastern Victoria’s Environment
8.967 million to support the Victorian Landcare Program and environmental volunteering.
- No Support for Cellar Doors Closed for Coronavirus Shutdowns
No business support for family-run cellar doors.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Government’s Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
14 Million in funds through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) to enable volunteer organisations.
- Ramping up support for local sports infrastructure
Government to help improve the wellbeing outcomes and participation of communities through high-quality recreation infrastructure.
- Funding sought for recreation projects
Council to fund to redevelop and improve cricket training facilities.
- World Game Facilities - Fund Applications Now Open
$20 Million World Game Facilities Fund now open for applications.
- New Federal funds could open the floodgates to Big Buffalo
Victoria must seize the opportunity to build Big Buffalo and boost water security for irrigators in the northeast after the Federal Budget delivered an unprecedented $2 billion for water infrastructure
- Latrobe funding helps Bass Coast businesses grow
Grants available for small local businesses, applications are now being accepted.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- Community Food Relief Fund Applications Open
Launch of the State Governments $5 million Community Food Relief Fund
- Voucher Program Supports Businesses
Council’s Business Support Voucher program to help local businesses.
- Northe calls for greater support for regional small businesses
Queries about small businesses that has not been answered by the government.
- Latrobe City Council supports hydrogen industry
Council project that would help support in the city’s economy.
- Government called upon to support local businesses – Northe
A call for the Government for a commitment that all goods, services and contracts are not taken away from regional businesses.
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- New mental health jobs and support for the Latrobe Valley
Postgraduate nurses for mental health scholarship being appreciated.
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- 2021 Victorian Youth Parliament Program Applications Now Open
Youth Parliament program to encourage youth in raising awareness on important issues.
- Now is time to register your pet
Registering and having your pet microchipped as part of being a responsible owner.
- Plan Now for Winter Firewood Needs
From September 1, designated firewood collection areas opened across Victoria.
- Small business support
Threat of more lockdowns continues to decimate business confidence.
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Floodgates open at water wonderland
Government project that supports economic boost.
- Register Now to Detox your Home
Detox Your Home: free service to dispose of unwanted toxic chemicals.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Animal welfare grants now open
Animal welfare fund grants are now open for applications.
- 2021 Victorian junior landcare and biodiversity grants now open
Grant application encouraging young people in protecting the environment.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Council secures additional outdoor dining funds
Additional funds granted to support the local businesses.
- Community Safety Grants Now Open
Open application for grants through Government's Building for Safer Communities Program.
- Empowering Eastern Victorians to take charge of their energy bills
Government project that will support and bring community owned and operated renewable energy.
- Sporting Club Grants Now Open
2020/2021 Sporting Club Grants are now open for application.
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Cowes Pool Unable To Open This Summer
Council and YMCA prioritising community safety.
- Victorian Shooters Targeted by Labor Government’s ‘Overreach’
Unsolicited threat to take away firearms licences.
- Victorian Timber Workers an Endangered Species under Labor
Code of Practice for Timber Production 2014 will do nothing to protect jobs.
- Eastern Victoria Clubs Urged to Apply for Sport and Active Recreation Grants
Applications are now open for the latest round of the Victorian Government’s 2020-21 Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Lockdown triggers surge in demand for mental health support
Victorian's plea to have their emotional and financial trauma to be prioritised by the government.
- Neighbourhood battery trial to maximise rooftop solar
Applications now open for neighbourhood-scale batteries that can provide benefits for the community.
- Eastern Victorian businesses going digital for Covid normal
Launch of the Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program.
- COVID lockdowns leave Victorian kids' mental health worse than any other state, study finds
Lockdown effects on young Victorian’s mental health.
- Community satisfaction survey now underway
Survey phone calls to be conducted to assess the council's performance,to identify areas in need of improvements and more effective service.
- Buck stops with Victorian Labor on stalled Murray Basin Rail Project
Minister Jacinta Allan is attempting to rewrite history by handballing blame for the stalled Murray Basin Rail Project to the Federal Government.
- Council advocates for Latrobe City in Canberra
City needs support to overcome the loss of jobs and business impacts of energy station early closure.