• Add My News • Search Old News
Peter Walsh MP:
Country Victoria set for $30 million connectivity boost under the Liberal Nationals
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to invest $30 million to boost mobile connectivity across rural and regional Victoria.
By Portal Admin - 11th November 2018 - Back to News
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will invest $30 million to boost mobile connectivity across rural and regional Victoria.
Announcing the commitment today, Leader of The Nationals Peter Walsh said it was critical for farmers, families and other businesses in rural and regional communities that the next Victorian Government makes ongoing investment for telecommunications infrastructure.
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will invest $30 million over four years in telecommunications infrastructure that improves mobile coverage and competition across Victoria.
"There are too many places across our State where communications services aren’t up to scratch and if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected we’re determined to invest and change that," Mr Walsh said.
"In this digital age where the internet, smart phones and technology dominate, it is absolutely critical that families and businesses in rural and regional areas have reliable telephone and internet services.
"Technology has brought us a long way but the Liberal Nationals know what’s needed now is partnership and investments to make sure people in rural and regional areas are getting the same opportunities and services as people who live in our towns and cities."
"Under our program, we’ll prioritise investment in mobile towers that improve coverage in areas prone to bushfire, along transport routes, key agribusiness areas and communities with limited telecommunications access."
Poor mobile connectivity impacts liveability, quality of life and business productivity and profitability in rural and regional Victoria.
Regional Victorians, and notably farmers, rate telecommunications as one of the most pressing public policy problems affecting their lives and businesses.
The Victorian investment program will leverage co-investments from federal and local governments, service providers, businesses and communities.
"We’re listening closely to the issues being raised by stakeholders including the Victorian Farmers Federation and our own local communities," Mr Walsh said.
"We’re determined to get rural and regional Victoria connected and if we are elected, we’ll get the job started with this $30 million investment."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- 2019 OPTUS Victorian Country Long Course Swimming Championships
Happening on 25th January to 27th January.
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- Giving Eastern Victoria Regions’ Hard-Working Carers the Helping Hand They Deserve
Package of nearly $50 million to go towards grants for initiatives that support carers.
- Liberal Nationals’ plan to drive growth in Victorian agriculture
Liberal Nationals Government will grow Victoria’s agriculture and food industries if elected this
- Eastern Victoria Locals Urged to Take Care on Quad Bikes
A renewed call for vigilance on and around all-terrain vehicles or quad bikes.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Country Race Clubs Will Be Winners under Liberal Nationals
Grassroots country racing clubs gets share of industry funding.
- Daniel Andrews on Standby as Country Victoria Loses Population
No action on shocking decline in Regional Victoria’s population.
- Liberal Nationals to Boost Language and Literacy for Vulnerable Kids
Elected Liberal Nationals Government will target early language and literacy programs.
- $1.66 Million Specialist Skills Boost for Federation Training
Access to cutting edge training for local Yallourn TAFE students soon!
- Grants Help Eastern Victoria Music Venues Be Good Neighbours
Good Music Neighbours applications, now open!
- Country Passengers Left Behind Again by City-Centric Labor
Massive cuts to regional Victoria in State Budget.
- Labor Forgets Victoria’s Most vulnerable
Government has forgotten the state’s most vulnerable.
- Country Racing Clubs Worse Off While Labor Plays Favourites
Andrews Government refused to boost support to smaller clubs.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- Fixing Country Roads as Maintenance Blitz Ramps Up
$70 million share for safer and more reliable roads.
- Federal Liberal Nationals delivering for Regional Victoria
Investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health for Regional Victorians.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Liberal Nationals Improving Food Security for Vulnerable People in Morwell
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to address the growing issue of food insecurity in the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland.
- Liberal Nationals will back the Yallourn Yallourn North Football Netball Club
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to ensure a $470,000 upgrade facilities at George Bates Reserve.
- Liberal Nationals backing Churchill Football Netball Club
$1 million state-of-the-art upgrade for Churchill Football Netball Club.
- Liberal Nationals Will Finish Duplication of Princes Hwy
Elected Liberal Nationals government to finish the duplication of the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Liberal Nationals to Make Rates Fair for Farmers
Elected Liberal Nationals Government will take actions to make rates fair for farmers.
- Liberal Nationals Back Scouts and Guides
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to support the rich tradition of Scouts and Guides.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- No Plan, No Money for Regional Victoria Under Labor
Premier blows the budget on metro projects, but no plans for Regional Victoria.
- Liberal Nationals Establish Inquiry to Fix Farm Trespass Laws
Pressure to establish an inquiry into farm trespass laws.
- Boosting Water Services with Bumper Package of Engineering Projects
$6.3 million engineering projects to safeguard and enhance water services.
- Delivering For Country Football and Netball Clubs
Another chance to upgrade grounds, courts and pavilions.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Boosting Safety and Reliability on Baw Baw Roads
Reliable and safe roads with Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Boosting Safety and Reliability on Latrobe Roads
Reliable and safe roads with Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Labor Set To Hike Liquor Fees By 25 Per Cent
More expensive drink with 25 per cent hike in liquor licence.
- Labor’s Price Hikes have less, not more, Victorians Fishing
Target One Million program just isn’t working.
- More Rehab Beds for Young Victorians
More support for young regional Victorians with a new youth residential rehab facility.
- Keeping Our Promises to Eastern Victoria Region
Local families will benefit from brand-new Baby Bundles, new and expanded School Breakfast Clubs and the next stage of our Solar homes program.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Latrobe Boost to Emergency Ambulance Arrivals
Data shows Ambulance arrtival at the scene of emergencies two minutes quicker in the March quarter.
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Continued Boost for Youth Crime Prevention
More funding to a vital youth crime prevention program.
- Road Safety Boost for Mirboo North Primary School
Improving safety around Mirboo North Primary School and Mirboo North Secondary School with electronic speed signs.
- Road Safety Boost for Sale Specialist School
Improving safety around the Sale Specialist School with electronic speed signs.
- Road Safety Boost for Lakes Entrance School
Introduction of electronic speed signs to improve safety around St Brendan’s Primary School in Lakes Entrance.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- The Nationals Commit To Billion Dollar Road Fix Blitz
Nationals to fix country roads with a $1 billion Road Fix Blitz.
- Road Safety Boost for Bass Coast Schools
Improvements for kids and families' safety around Inverloch/Kongwak Primary School and Newhaven College.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- The Nationals supporting headspace to better support young Gippslanders
Nationals aim to provide young Gippslanders access to the mental health services they need – regardless of where they live.
- Get Screened To Reduce the Impact of Cancer in Eastern Victoria Region
Get yourselves and your loved ones screened.
- One-Stop-Shop for TAFE Jobs in Eastern Victoria
A place for industry experts in Victoria's TAFE sector.
- Baby Bundles Coming to Eastern Victoria
Free baby bundles for first-time parents.
- Better Boating and Better Fishing for People in Eastern Victoria
$82.2 million investment for better boating and boost recreational fishing.
- Farmers’ Market Support Program to return: only under Liberal Nationals
An elected Liberal Nationals Government plans to bring back the Farmers’ Market Support
Program axed by Labor.
- Statement from the Nationals’ Leadership Team
Peter Walsh and Steph Ryan elected in the Victorian Parliamentary Party.
- Slashing Stamp Duty in Half to Boost Regional Businesses
Stamp duty reduced by 50 per cent.
- More Funding Announced For Environment Volunteers in Eastern Victoria
Opening of the 2019-2020 Victorian Landcare Grant.
- Changing the Game for Women in Eastern Victoria
Continued support for women in sport.
- Kilcunda’s Famous Bridge Set for Facelift
Kilcunda’s iconic Trestle Bridge (Bourne Creek Bridge) gets a facelift.
- Bad Old Days' already here under Daniel Andrews
Regional Victoria has already been left behind.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Drugs Crisis Getting Worse, Not Better: ACIC
Victoria has the highest heroin use.
- A Taste of Ireland coming to Warragul
TOURING VICTORIA from 27 March to 11 April visiting Colac, Wonthaggi, Geelong, Echuca, Warragul, Bairnsdale, Traralgon, Sale, Wangaratta, Albury, Yarrawonga, Shepparton, Bendigo, Swan Hill and Mildura
- Royal Commission into Mental Health
Regional Victorians must have a fair opportunity to give evidence and have their say.
- Ombudsman’s Report Raises Energy Connection Issues
Statistics from the annual Victoria Energy and
Water Ombudsman report showed a huge jump in complaints related to new energy
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.