• Add My News • Search Old News
Russel Northe MLA:
School Buildings Project Funding Announced
Local schools to receive funding for building upgrades and capital investments.
By Portal Admin - 21st December 2020 - Back to News
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has welcomed news that a number of local schools would receive much needed funding for building upgrades and capital investments within their schools.
"It was very pleasing to see a number of schools in our region be awarded funding through the Governments $70 million Minor Capital Works Fund that will be directed towards various projects that will not only benefit teachers and students but the wider school community" Mr Northe said.
The Minor Capital Works Fund has a number of objectives including upgrading school facilities, landscaping, building additional shade and shelter areas, upgrading ovals and sporting facilities, and installing new play equipment.
"This announcement has I’m sure been very well received by all the recipients and their school communities, and in many cases the funding and associated projects are desperately needed" said Mr Northe
"These improvements can only enhance our local schools who have done such a wonderful job in what has been a trying year, and I am thrilled they have deservedly received funding through this program" Mr Northe added.
The following schools will receive funding across the Morwell Electorate:
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- School Photography Clicks Back into Action
Ban on professional school photography in Government schools has been overturned.
- School Dental Vans Back on the Road in Traralgon
Smile Squad free dental vans get back on the road for local school kids.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Building a Sustainable Eastern Victoria
$2.6 million Sustainable Infrastructure Fund grants opened to encourage the use of recycled materials in local infrastructure projects across Victoria.
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- VicHealth Funding Announced for Local Groups
Five organisations to share in more than $30,000 of VicHealth funding.
- Council’s Building Services Team can Answer your Building Questions
Building Services team is available to answer questions relating to building works and permits during the restrictions.
- More Shade to Protect Tyers School Kids from Skin Cancer
More sunshades in school playgrounds and outdoor areas.
- Newborough East Primary School Wins Gardening Award
Inaugural gardening award won by Newborough East Primary School
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Transition Support Funding for Students with Disability
Extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways
- Bass Coast Welcomes Funding for Public and Community Housing
$25 million for Bass Coast
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Work Starts on Churchill School Upgrades
Architect appointed to design the Churchill school’s upgrade.
- Traralgon Renewable Energy Project Supported by Latrobe City Council
Renewable energy project at Traralgon Neighbourhood Learning House.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Northe Renews Calls for Lifeline Gippsland Funding Amid Budget Shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- Local Artists to Be Showcased Along Rail Trail
Latrobe Valley artists will have the chance to showcase their work along one of the region’s most scenic recreational trails.
- Local Festivals and Events go Digital
Activities will be supported through the Government’s Multicultural Festivals and Events program, encouraging 148 community organisations across Victoria to get creative and move their events online.
- Federal Investment gets Murray Basin Rail Project back on Track
$200 million Commonwealth rescue package to revive the Murray Basin Rail Project.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Upgraded Classrooms and Facilities for Churchill Primary School
Bigger, better classrooms and school facilities for Churchill students.
- Bass Coast Local Heroes Celebrated
Recognition of Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year2021 winners.