• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Skate Parks Ready to Ride
New completed skate parks at Cowes, Grantville and Corinella.
By Portal Admin - 14th September 2019 - Back to News
It’s time to celebrate the new skate parks at Cowes, Grantville and Corinella which have all been recently completed. Opening parties are coming up for all the Parks and you’re invited to come along for food, fun and of course lots of skating!
The Cowes Skate Park opening party is being held on Saturday, 21 September from 10.00am, while Corinella and Grantville Parks are having a joint party on Thursday, 26 September with the fun starting at Grantville from 10.00am and moving to Corinella from 12.00pm and finishing up at 2.00pm.
The Cowes Skate Park Project was a complete replacement of the existing Park at the Cowes Recreation Reserve. The new Park provides a great mix of transition and street style components to suit skaters of all skill levels.
The Grantville Skate Park is located at the Grantville Recreation Reserve and the Corinella Park is located at Harold Hughes Reserve.
These Parks provide permanent facilities for their communities and eliminate the need for Council's mobile skate ramp to visit these towns.
Both the Corinella and Grantville Parks have been built on the existing concrete areas within the Reserves, where the mobile skate ramp was situated when in the town.
Bass Coast Mayor Cr Brett Tessari said it was exciting to see the Skate Park projects complete and the skating community already getting great use out of the new facilities.
"All three of these projects were fully funded by Council and is a great demonstration of the importance we place on all recreation facilities within the Shire," Cr Tessari said.
"We would like to thank ‘Curl’ from the YMCA for his help in organising these events and look forward to seeing as many local skaters, scooter riders or bmxers at each of the opening parties."
For more information on the opening parties, contacting Council's Recreation and Culture Team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.
the Cowes (pictured), Corinella and Grantville skate parks will be officially opened in September.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Newhaven Skate Park Project to Progress
Bass Coast Shire Council voted to authorise Grayden’s Reserve in Newhaven as the preferred site for the Regional Skate Park and Playspace Project last Wednesday.
- Regional Skate Park Back on Track
Grayden’s Reserve: preferred site for a Regional Skate Park and Play Space.
- Getting Ready for Three-Year-Old Kinder in Eastern Victoria
Support for new teachers from the landmark roll-out of funded Three-Year-Old Kinder.
- New Blue Gum Plantation Ready to Bloom
Timber plantation on crown land in the Latrobe Valley already completed.
- Get Fire Ready with Fee-free Green Waste Disposal
Annual fee-free green waste disposal period will be held from Saturday, 2 November until Sunday, 24 November.
- Are You Ready To Get All Revved Up?
Latrobe City’s inaugural motorsport celebration event - Latrobe Motorfest.
- Getting Ready to Play Ball
Near completion of Wonthaggi’s three court, multi-sport stadium.
- Outdoor Pools Ready to Make a Splash
Seasonal outdoor pools at Yallourn North and Moe are ready for another summer.
- Yallourn Golf Club Ready for Gippsland Super 6
Yallourn Golf Club all set for Gippsland Super 6 PGA Tournament.
- New Island Off-Leash Beaches Introduced
New off-leash beach areas in San Remo, Cape Woolamai, Cowes West and Ventnor will be introduced by 1 December 2019 in time for summer.
- New Technology Boosting Safety in Nar Nar Goon
New technology installed at a high-risk intersection near Nar Nar Goon, for easier and safer turning to the Princes Highway.
- New Playspace for Warragul Worth its Weight in Marbles
Brand new play equipment for students at Warragul North Primary School with Pick My Project initiative.
- New Bills Introduced into Victorian Parliament Last Week
Three new bills introduced into Parliament this week.
- A New Jobs and Volunteering Hub for Gippsland
New job opportunities for Gippsland locals with new job hub.
- A New Chairperson Appointed and Lots More!
An update on news, events, activities and opportunities across the Food & Fibre sector in Gippsland.
- New Home for the Voice of Latrobe
Latrobe Health Advocate moves into a new home in Morwell CBD.
- New Vichealth Funding to Grow Community Sport in Eastern Victoria
The Victorian Health Promotion Foundation (VicHealth) announced a$500,000 funding to support sports clubs in Eastern Victoria.
- Black Spot Work Ready to Start
Road safety improvement works with Black Spot Program.
- Getting Eastern Victorian Children Ready for School and Beyond
More than 28,000 children to benefit from a $160 million School Readiness Funding initiative.
- Skating Around Bass Coast
New Skate Park officially opens.
- Work starts on new 36 million litre water storage tank at Wy Yung
Construction of a new 36 million litre water storage tank at East Gippsland Water's Wy Yung water storage facility.
- An Exciting New Era for Morwell Maternal and Child Health Services
Morwell Maternal and Child Health relocation.
- Download your New Bin Collection Calendar Now
2019/20 bin collection calendars are now available for download.
- West Gippsland Healthcare Group Celebrates Completion of New Short Stay Unit and Third Operating Theatre
newly completed Short Stay Unit and third Operating Theatre at West Gippsland Hospital
- Free Tafe Graduates at Tafe Gippsland Ready for Work
Free TAFE students from TAFE Gippsland have graduated from their courses.
- Driving Better Car Parking Across the Latrobe Valley
Investment on new free car parks for the Latrobe Valley: Moe added to the Regional Car Park’s Fund.
- Summer Regulations and New Off-leash Beaches
Summer Regulations and New Off-leash Beaches come December 1.
- Connecting the New College Campus
Traffic management plan for 2020 being worked on by Bass Coast Shire Council, Wonthaggi Secondary College and the Bass Coast Specialist School.
- Cricket Fans are Padding Up for an Exciting New Innings in Gippsland Cricket
New home for Gippsland cricket at state-of-the-art facility at the Ted Summerton Reserve.