• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Planning for Wonthaggi’s Future
Updated Wonthaggi North East Precinct Structure Plan (PSP) and Development Contributions Plan (DCP) for community viewing available in April.
By Portal Admin - 2nd April 2019 - Back to News
The community will be given the opportunity to view the updated Wonthaggi North East Precinct Structure Plan (PSP) and Development Contributions Plan (DCP) in April.
The Plans will be available in the Wonthaggi Library on Murray Street from Tuesday, 2 April until Tuesday, 9 April. The plans can be viewed from 10am to 5.30pm weekdays and from 9.30am to 1pm on Saturday. The library is closed on Sunday. Bass Coast Shire Council officers will be on hand during these times to answer questions and explain the project to the community.
The North East area of Wonthaggi has been identified as a key growth area of Bass Coast. The PSP aims to rezone land to the North and East of Wonthaggi for future residential development of around 5,000 new homes as well as 70 hectares of commercial land. The project is expected to take 30 to 50 years to complete.
The Wonthaggi North East PSP will guide the growth and delivery of infrastructure and services in the area. The Plan includes designs for new traffic flow routes and intersections to handle increased traffic, as well as new drainage and wetland assets. Land has also been set aside for a new Primary School and Recreation Reserve.
The PSP aligns with Council’s advocacy priority for Wonthaggi as a regional centre.
Bass Coast Shire Mayor, Cr Brett Tessari said as Wonthaggi is a regional centre, it is important that Council plans for future growth.
"The PSP presents an exciting opportunity for the town of Wonthaggi to grow and realise its potential as a regional centre," Cr Tessari said.
"Future growth will provide investment opportunities, new infrastructure and new services for the Bass Coast community and is likely to create more local jobs."
The Wonthaggi North East Precinct Structure Plan and Development Contributions Plan will be presented to the Minister for Planning later this year to incorporate it into the Bass Coast Planning Scheme.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Planning for Recreation Upgrades
Upgrade plans to major recreation locations for the town.
- Planning Minister hits pause on Cape Paterson
Residential development in Cape Paterson North deferred.
- Planning for another Dry Summer
Rain and reduction in water use improved water supply for East Gippsland.
- Plantation Timber to Take Root in Gippsland
$110 million investment in native plantation timber, including 550 hectares of crown land close to Maryvale and Yallourn North in the Latrobe Valley announced.
- Cowes Plan Moves Forward
Cowes Activity Centre Plan will facilitate development at the key landmark sites of the Warley Hospital and former Isle of Wight.
- Liberal Nationals’ plan to drive growth in Victorian agriculture
Liberal Nationals Government will grow Victoria’s agriculture and food industries if elected this
- Labor’s Dud Ice Action Plan Failing to put A Lid on Drug Crimes
Community Ice Action grants axed.
- Labor’s Sham Plantation Plan
Bogus plantation timber plan.
- Road Management Plan Adopted
Improved accessibility, safer roads for both vehicles and pedestrians with new road management plan.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Feedback Wanted for Updated Guide Park Plan
Your opinion wanted on plan for the playspace at Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Latrobe City Draft Cultural Diversity Action Plan 2019 – 2023
Draft to focus to continue to improve services and information that are inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Get Involved In Wonthaggi’s Future
Get involved in developing a future vision for Apex Park on Murray Street.
- Guide Park Concept Plan
Feedback are welcome on concept plan to uprade Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Building Upgrades at Wonthaggi Primary School
Important new works for the Wonthaggi Primary School soon!
- Work with us, Export Support Programme and Workforce Planning
A weekly update on news, events, activities and opportunities across the Food & Fibre sector in Gippsland.
- New CEO appointed - Grants for Start-Ups - Workforce Planning
News updates, events, opportunities and activities in the Food & Fibre sector across Gippsland.
- Community Input Needed on Masterplans
Future of Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes and Harold Hughes Reserve in Corinella.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Northe Tables Hazelwood Pondage Petition
Northe highlighted massive support by community for the retention of Hazelwood Pondage.
- Northe asks what RET means for Latrobe Valley
North emphasized the need to understand associated modelling and potential impacts on Latrobe Valley workers, contractors, families and businesses with VRET.
- Omeo Pedals towards Multi-Million Mountain Bike Trail
Investment in planning and infrastructure to back up regions hit hard by drought.
- Northe Acknowledges Community Leaders
Contributions from community leaders, acknowledged.
- Northe Urges Community to "Speak Up"
Upcoming Tom Curtain "Speak Up" tour
- Northe Congratulates Good Friday Appeal Community Leaders
Contributors to Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal acknoweledged.
- East Gippsland Water grants
Get Those Applications In for an Environmental Grant
- Active Bass Coast
Active Bass Coast Plan, a ten year Plan that sets the scene for healthy and active environments and services into the future.
- Honouring Eastern Victoria’s Inspiring Seniors
Nominations are now open for community contributions by seniors and organisations.
- Bumper Grants Round Now Open
Complete a project plan when applying for Major Project funding.
- Your Water Supply In A Bushfire
Consider water supply when planning for a bushfire.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Renters to Benefit from Labor’s Solar Panels Plan
Inclusion of more Victorians in a half-price solar panels rollout.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- Upgrade of Netball Precinct at Inverloch Recreation Reserve
Upgrades to Inverloch-Kongwak Football Netball Club.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct – Sod turning Ceremony
Commemoration: beginning of construction of the Latrobe Creative Precinct.
- Road Safety Boost for Mirboo North Primary School
Improving safety around Mirboo North Primary School and Mirboo North Secondary School with electronic speed signs.