Gippsland › Latest news › Wellington Local News
Longford Swing Bridge temporarily closed for maintenance from 14 February 2022
The regular opening of the Swing Bridge at Longford for public viewing will be temporarily paused due to essential works set to begin on 14 February.
The downstream drive mechanism on the swing bridge will be removed for refurbishment works, which are expected to last until approximately June2022. The bridge will not be swung open for public viewing during this time.
The bridge is now restricted to foot traffic and is swung regularly on Saturdays and Sundays
Access by appointment
Apart from the removal and installation of the drive, each expected to take half a day, pedestrian access across the bridge will remain as normal. The bridge will only open to essential boat access to Port of Sale on Sundays by appointment, which must be made by the prior Thursday. Boat users requiring access during the works can contact Wellington Shire Council on 1300 366 244.
Pictures from YouTube.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest NewsBairnsdale 2050 project to help community shape future launched by East Gippsland Council
Baw Baw Connect launches as engagement platform for Baw Baw Shire Council on 9 October 2023
Bena Road development in Korumburra under VCAT review with South Gippsland Shire Council sharing exhibits until 13 October 2023
Exploring nuclear energy as viable solution to rising power costs and achieving sustainable net zero
Latrobe City Small Business Festival 2023 successfully concludes after two weeks of diverse seminars and workshops
Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday Park gets dedicated website from East Gippsland Shire Council
Registrations open for Bass Coast Local Jobs Expo from 4 - 11 October 2023
Reset and renewed focus on regional Victoria needed following Daniel Andrews departure as Victorian Premier
Resignation of Daniel Andrews chance for Victoria to recover from neglected regions and broken promises
Andrews Labor government reinstates Victorian Community History Awards and Local History Grants Program