Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Free green waste disposal to assist storm clean-up in Baw Baw
Transfer station locations and their operating time, and details to check before going to the nearest transfer stations.
Baw Baw Shire Council is offering free green waste drop-offs at our transfer stations in Lardner, Neerim South, Erica and Trafalgar to help you clean up fallen trees, branches and foliage from your property after the recent severe weather. Free green waste drop-offs until 11 July.
Take advantage of the service offered by the council on green waste disposal, check what you need to know before going to your transfer stations
Details to check
Before heading to your nearest transfer station, please read the important details below:
- Each household (residents and tenants) is eligible to drop off up to 3 cubic metres of acceptable green waste
- Simply visit the transfer station during open hours and present proof of residency
- Proof of residency includes a driver's licence plus: ratepayers need to provide a rates notice, and tenants need to provide a utility bill
- Acceptable green waste includes tree debris, branches, foliage, and general green waste.The maximum size limit for a large branch, log or stump is 30cm round and 1m long. No large tree stumps will be accepted
To cater for different trailer sizes, residents can either drop off 3 cubic metres at once, or smaller volumes over multiple drop offs.
- Green waste must be delivered in residential vehicles and trailers (commercial vehicles will be charged at the standard rate)
- Green waste over 3 cubic metres will be charged at the normal rate
- Green waste must be separated from other waste or it will be charged at the standard rate
Find your nearest transfer station below!
|Lardner Transfer Station||Simpson Road, Lardner||5626 1399||10.00am - 4.00pm every day|
|Trafalgar Transfer Station||Giles Road, Trafalgar||0407 505 108||10.00am - 4.00pm on Saturday, Sunday and Monday|
|Neerim South Transfer Station||Neerim East Road, Neerim South||0438 281 444||10.00 am - 4.00pm on Friday and Sunday|
|Erica Transfer Station||Mathiesons Road, Erica||0400 251 620||12.00pm - 4.00pm on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday|
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council Facebook page.
Published by: email@example.com
Latest NewsBass Coast Shire Council 2022/23 Pathway Gaps Program
Gippsland High Country Hall of Fame gets $750,000 election pledge to determine its best location and design
Latrobe City celebrates Boorai Country Ceremony as part of Latrobe First 1000 Days Program connecting community and culture
Latrobe Magnesium invests $39M for stage one Magnesium Production Plant in Morwell
Community feedback wanted on Bass Coast Shire Economic Development Framework
Early closure of coal-fired power station AGL Loy Yang requires considered transition for Latrobe Valley and Victoria
Red Rocks Road Footpath upgrade in Cowes underway by Bass Coast Council
Australian Federal Police gets extended power for another 12 months by Federal parliament via Counter-Terrorism Legislation Amendment
East Gippsland health services to share in $325M Future Health Workforce Plan election pledge from Victorian Liberals and Nationals
Gaskin Park in Churchill gets election pledge of $4M upgrade for sporting hub by Victorian Liberals and Nationals