Gippsland › Latest news › Wellington Local News
Celebrate Parks Week in Wellington Shire with stacks of events for children and families
Wellington Shire's popular parks and open spaces will host a jam-packed calendar of events to celebrate Parks Week from 5 to 13 March.
After many of last year's events were held virtually due to Covid, Parks Week 2022 promises kids' entertainment, forest therapy walks, outdoor gym sessions, markets and a music festival. Wellington Shire Council Mayor Ian Bye encouraged families to take advantage of the fun family-friendly events, most of which are free.
Bug Blitz activities in Yarram Memorial Park during a previous Parks Week
Opportunity to go out and celebrate
Cr Bye said, "We're very fortunate to have some incredibly beautiful outdoor spaces, and Parks Week gives people the opportunity to get out and celebrate them," "It's a great chance to put on your walking or running shoes, get your picnic blanket ready and head down to one of our parks to join an event."
While some of the events require physical activity such as walking, running, riding or exercise, most of Wellington Shire's open spaces are accessible for all people, including those with limited mobility or disabilities.
Parks Week events include:
- Baby's Day Out in Sale Botanic Gardens with a Frozen theme
- Visit from Gippsland's own Elsa
- Kids Day Out at Yarram Memorial Park with The Wiggles theme
- Visit from Gippsland's own Emma Wiggle
- Sale Music Festival at Sale Botanic Gardens
With energy boosting park events like:
- Forest therapy walks with an accredited guide
- Outdoor gym sessions at Lake Guthridge led by an Aqua Energy fitness instructor
- Wetlands to the Park - run, walk or ride from Yarram Wetlands to Port Albert's Rutter Park
- Nature Culture Plants Parks day for school aged children
- Tree planting and barbecue at Stratford Apex Park
Also other events that can bring out the creativity in you :
- Kids art workshop hosted by Gippsland Art Gallery
- Skate demonstration and skateboarding sessions
- Sale Parkrun events
- Community markets in Maffra and Rosedale
For a full list of dates, times and locations visit parks week page.
Pictures from Wellington Shire Council website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest NewsBass Coast Shire Council announces more 2022 Community Grants Program recipients
South Gippsland Shire Council announcements on community grants including updates on Christmas tree and Ambassador program
Federal Coalition will help ensure rural and regional are getting doctors and nurses back to regional Australian
Robbie Coates from Lakes Entrance pursues traineeship as Koori Engagement Officer for East Gippsland Water
Wet summer forecasted for Gippsland by Southern Rural Water
Balancing privacy and new technology and the concerning direction on emerging Australian legislation
Federal government eroding our freedoms as G20 makes joint declaration promoting proof of vaccination for international travel
Hard Waste collection to begin in Yinnar, Yinnar South and Boolarra on 6 and 13 December 2022
Russell Broadbent shares his story experience with Gough Whitlam as a genuine and generous person
Thank you to Peter Marshall as a Keeper of the Springs and our 156,000 Australian government public servants