Gippsland › Latest news › Wellington Local News
Celebrate Parks Week in Wellington Shire with stacks of events for children and families
Wellington Shire's popular parks and open spaces will host a jam-packed calendar of events to celebrate Parks Week from 5 to 13 March.
After many of last year's events were held virtually due to Covid, Parks Week 2022 promises kids' entertainment, forest therapy walks, outdoor gym sessions, markets and a music festival. Wellington Shire Council Mayor Ian Bye encouraged families to take advantage of the fun family-friendly events, most of which are free.
Bug Blitz activities in Yarram Memorial Park during a previous Parks Week
Opportunity to go out and celebrate
Cr Bye said, "We're very fortunate to have some incredibly beautiful outdoor spaces, and Parks Week gives people the opportunity to get out and celebrate them," "It's a great chance to put on your walking or running shoes, get your picnic blanket ready and head down to one of our parks to join an event."
While some of the events require physical activity such as walking, running, riding or exercise, most of Wellington Shire's open spaces are accessible for all people, including those with limited mobility or disabilities.
Parks Week events include:
- Baby's Day Out in Sale Botanic Gardens with a Frozen theme
- Visit from Gippsland's own Elsa
- Kids Day Out at Yarram Memorial Park with The Wiggles theme
- Visit from Gippsland's own Emma Wiggle
- Sale Music Festival at Sale Botanic Gardens
With energy boosting park events like:
- Forest therapy walks with an accredited guide
- Outdoor gym sessions at Lake Guthridge led by an Aqua Energy fitness instructor
- Wetlands to the Park - run, walk or ride from Yarram Wetlands to Port Albert's Rutter Park
- Nature Culture Plants Parks day for school aged children
- Tree planting and barbecue at Stratford Apex Park
Also other events that can bring out the creativity in you :
- Kids art workshop hosted by Gippsland Art Gallery
- Skate demonstration and skateboarding sessions
- Sale Parkrun events
- Community markets in Maffra and Rosedale
For a full list of dates, times and locations visit parks week page.
Pictures from Wellington Shire Council website.
Published by: email@example.com
Latest NewsDarren Chester warns East Gippsland faces potential cuts o $20M in road safety projects
Free disposal of unwanted clothing program starts with transfer stations at Lardner and Trafalgar by Upcylce4Better and Baw Baw Shire Council
Gippsland students from Grade 5 to Year 12 are encouraged to enter 2023 Parliament Prize competition by 16 June 2023
June drowning risk reminder for Gippsland boaters and fishers over Monarch birthday public holiday
Crossbench federal MPs urged to visit Gippsland timber towns to learn of Victorian government ignorance and hypocrisy first hand
Martin Cameron warns Andrews Labor government is repeating past mistakes by impacting local communities by neglecting regional roads
Motor Neurone Disease has Big Freeze fundraiser at Bairnsdale Oval with Darren Chester 10 June 2023
Answers on empty public housing in Gippsland from Andrews Labor government called for by Danny O'Brien
Ella Fothergill and Chloe Bethune from Federation University Gippsland win Gippsland Water Indigenous Scholarship
Gippsland road maintenance slashed by 25% for total reduction of 45% since 2020 by Andrews Labor government