• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
New Charter to Improve Health and Wellbeing in Latrobe
Nine principles of new charter to improve local health and wellbeing.
By Portal Admin - 13th January 2018 - Back to News
The new Latrobe Health and Wellbeing Charter, which was launched today was developed in collaboration with Valley residents. It is an initiative of the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone.
This Charter outlines how local people want to work with businesses, health services, community organisations and all levels of government in developing ideas that improve the health and wellbeing of the people of the Latrobe Valley.
The Latrobe Health Innovation Zone was established by the Andrews Labor Government - in response to the reopened Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry - to drive innovation and change in improving the health and wellbeing of people living, working and studying in the Valley.
To ensure locals have a say in improving the health and wellbeing of their communities, the Andrews Labor Government also established the Latrobe Health Assembly, made up largely of local representatives, to play a leading role in the direction of the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone.
People in the Latrobe Valley, organisations and government working together will commit to the Charter’s nine principles, including:
- Ensuring people living, working and studying in the Valley have choice, control and a voice in developing the supports and services they need;
- Working with First Nations communities and health service providers to improve health and wellbeing;
- Trying new approaches in creating innovative health and wellbeing models and programs;
- Being fair and transparent and following through on commitments to Latrobe Valley communities;
- Working to improve the lives of everyone, especially the most vulnerable and disadvantaged;
- Growing and nurturing collaboration and coordination between agencies to develop new ways of delivering services.
For a copy of the Charter and for more information about the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone, visit: www2.health.vic.gov.au/about/health-strategies/latrobe-health-innovation-zone.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing
"The Latrobe Health and Wellbeing Charter is yet another step in improving the health and wellbeing of people living, working and studying in the Valley."
"Since coming to office, our Government has been working with local communities to support the health and wellbeing of people in the Valley."
"The most powerful and effective change comes when you give the community a voice and involve them in the decision-making - and that’s what we are doing in the Latrobe Valley."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here