Jobs and opportunities
Every fortnight, you can receive an online Newspaper jam-packed with latest news, any classifieds up at the time, any jobs going, and featured businesses.
Places to visit
- Bairnsdale 2050 project to help community shape future launched by East Gippsland Council
The East Gippsland Shire Council is launching the 'Bairnsdale 2050' project to shape the town's future with community input. It aims to accommodate growth, sustainability, and prosperity. Get involved now!
- Baw Baw Connect launches as engagement platform for Baw Baw Shire Council on 9 October 2023
Baw Baw Shire Council is launching Baw Baw Connect on 9 October, offering diverse engagement methods for transparent interactions with residents. The platform aims to enhance community involvement and provide updates on key projects.
- Bena Road development in Korumburra under VCAT review with South Gippsland Shire Council sharing exhibits until 13 October 2023
The Development Plan applicant has requested VCAT's decision. Council will share exhibition submissions with VCAT. Stay updated on VCAT proceedings and your involvement.
- Exploring nuclear energy as viable solution to rising power costs and achieving sustainable net zero
Constituents concerned about rising power costs, especially with gas bans in 2024. Urgent need for nuclear energy discussion for sustainable solutions, logic in energy planning, and achieving net zero.
- Latrobe City Small Business Festival 2023 successfully concludes after two weeks of diverse seminars and workshops
The Latrobe City Council Small Business Festival concluded after two weeks of diverse seminars and workshops, offering 11 free events on topics like retail, marketing, and collaboration. It fostered industry growth and sustainability.
- Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday Park gets dedicated website from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council launches a website dedicated to Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday Park, enhancing visitor experience and promoting local businesses and attractions, with upcoming busy long weekend events highlighted.
- Registrations open for Bass Coast Local Jobs Expo from 4 - 11 October 2023
The Local Jobs Expo, hosted by Bass Coast Shire Council, will feature around 60 employers offering diverse job opportunities across various sectors.
- Reset and renewed focus on regional Victoria needed following Daniel Andrews departure as Victorian Premier
Addressing concerns involves enduring extended COVID restrictions, event cancellations, increasing costs, healthcare strains, heavy tax burdens, escalating debt, housing shortages, industry setbacks, and energy challenges.
- Resignation of Daniel Andrews chance for Victoria to recover from neglected regions and broken promises
Daniel Andrews' resignation has left a legacy that includes broken promises, cancelled events, rising homelessness, unemployment, and crime rates.
- Andrews Labor government reinstates Victorian Community History Awards and Local History Grants Program
The Andrews Labor government reinstated the Victorian Community History Awards and Local History Grants Program, supporting Latrobe Valley's historical societies and heritage preservation due to Nationals' advocacy.
- Baluk Arts in partnership with Bass Coast Shire present Aboriginal artist Mitch Mahoney from 26-30 September 2023
Baluk Arts in presents a 5-day residency on Millowl with award-winning Aboriginal artist Mitch Mahoney, creating a traditional stringy bark canoe. Public interaction daily from September 26-30, 10am-2pm. Hosted by Sheltered Glamping.
- Business breakfast on how to attract and retain staff with employment expert Catherine Bell on 10 October at RACV Inverloch Resort
Local business owners and managers are welcomed to partake in a breakfast event, fostering networking and gaining innovative insights into recruitment and retention.
- Federal COVID inquiry must include state government decisions and thorough review of curfews, school closures and border restrictions
Darren Chester advocates for a thorough review of curfews, school closures, and border restrictions, underscoring the need to glean lessons from both successful and unsuccessful aspects of pandemic management.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to tackle housing crisis with new Affordable Housing Strategy
Bass Coast Affordable Housing Strategy addresses the housing crisis in Victoria, focusing on affordability, homelessness, and community collaboration, advocating for partnerships and government support to provide affordable housing in the region.
- Completed lighting upgrades in Latrobe City unveiled to boost community sports engagement
Latrobe City Council unveiled sports site upgrades funded by the state government's stimulus program, including lighting improvements at five locations to boost community sports engagement and involve local businesses.
More Latest News Add your News
Ride-on mower MTD Yardman Excellent condition. Has a 46 inch cut. Situated in East Gippsland. Contact John Williams on 0428 260 549 or send online messsage using online form below pictur... $1200
Berends 6 foot slasher 2021 Almost new and in tip top condition. Available in East Gippsland. Contact John Williams on 0428 260 549 or send online messsage using online form below picture.... $3000
Ford 3000 tractor For sale in East Gippsland. Tractor is in great condition and everything works as it should. In good working order for a tractor of its age. Contact John Willia... $8000
Advertise my Classifieds FREE