Bass Coast Local News:
Draft Victorian Coastal Strategy
The Victorian Coastal Council has released the draft Victorian Coastal Strategy
By Carol McCormack - 1st June 2001 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
The Victorian Coastal Council has released the draft Victorian Coastal Strategy. The draft strategy is available at all Bass Coast Shire Council offices.
According to the Victorian Coastal Council, the strategy aims to help conserve and manage the coast for present and future generations. It takes a broad view of the coast, from the top of the catchment to offshore, and deals with issues in a long term, ecologically sustainable context.
The draft strategy includes:
- The Future
- Working in a dynamic environment
- Demographic trends
- Economic value of the coast
- Emerging issues
- Principles for Coastal Planning and Management
- Hierarchy of principles for coastal planning and management
- Challenges, Outcomes and Actions
- The marine and estuarine environments
- The natural onshore environment
- People on the coast
- The built environment and coastal infrastructure
- Coastal dependent industry
- Integration and implementation
The draft strategy has been publicly released for two months to invite comment from all interested members of the community. Submissions close on 30 June.
For more information contact:
Carol McCormack, Communications Co-ordinator
Ph: 5671 2296 Mobile: 0407 557 620 Fax: 5671 2222
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles