• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Faster, Easier Business Approvals
Better Approvals Project gets fast and easy!
By Portal Admin - 30th September 2019 - Back to News
Bass Coast Shire Council has spent recent months working intensively with the State Government on the Better Approvals Project.
As a result of this work, Council has now implemented a number of great new initiatives to streamline the process for those applying for permit approvals for new or expanding businesses.
- The introduction of the Business Support Team, who will act as a single point of contact for those looking to start or expand their business;
- A single online application form so people don’t have to keep supplying the same information over and over;
- Better information on Council’s website so that business operators can easily determine which permits they will need, and;
- Streamlining footpath trading approvals.
The outcome is a shorter, simpler permit approvals process for new and existing businesses, leading to increased economic activity in the region.
Bass Coast Shire Mayor, Cr Brett Tessari, said the reforms included in the Better Approvals Project will make it easier for small businesses to grow, thrive and create jobs.
"We now have a streamlined permit application processes that will save businesses valuable time," Cr Tessari said.
"The changes in the process have been based on the feedback we received from our business community throughout the development process."
For more information about starting or expanding your business in Bass Coast visit www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/businesspermits or contact Council’s Business Support Team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here