• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Tarwin Valley Primary School Upgrade a Step Closer
AOA Architects appointed to design a S500, 000 upgrade of the Tarwin Valley Primary School.
By Portal Admin - 5th November 2018 - Back to News
Students at Tarwin Valley Primary School are a step close to the facilities they deserve, with AOA Architects appointed to design a S500, 000 upgrade of the school.
Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Harriet Shing today announced the appointment.
The $500,000 upgrade includes upgrading facilities, refurbishing and modernizing classrooms and facilities in poor condition.
The Labor Government is building the Education State so every Victorian student can get a great education and every community has access to a great local school.
This includes an unprecedented $3.8 billion investment to improve classrooms, upgrade facilities and build new schools across the state.
This school building boom has delivered more than 1,300 school upgrades and 70 new school projects across the state, supporting more than 5,000 construction jobs for Victorians.
To find out more about new schools and upgrades to schools in Gippsland visit the Victorian School Building Authority website at www.schoolbuildings.vic.gov.au.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Harriet Shing
"Appointing the architect is an exciting first step towards delivering the modern, safe and stimulating facilities that staff and students at Tarwin Valley PS deserve."
"Tarwin Valley PS has fantastic staff and students and we are making sure they have state of the art facilities to match."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Upgraded Labtrobe Valley Sports Facilities on their Way
Work starts in building Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) and Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium transformation.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Building Upgrades at Wonthaggi Primary School
Important new works for the Wonthaggi Primary School soon!
- School’s Back after Summer
School Zone speed limits are also back in effect
- Upgrade of Netball Precinct at Inverloch Recreation Reserve
Upgrades to Inverloch-Kongwak Football Netball Club.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Traralgon
Massive upgrade to Traralgon (Kosciuszko Street) Primary School with a re-elected Andrews Local Government official.
- Building the Best School Facilities for Warragul
Bright and modern facilities with the opening of GLA building at St. Paul's Anglican Grammar School.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Road Safety Boost for Mirboo North Primary School
Improving safety around Mirboo North Primary School and Mirboo North Secondary School with electronic speed signs.
- Inequity Continues for Latrobe Valley Commuters
Still no support for public transport services and prices for Latrobe Valley commuters.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Lakes Entrance
$1 million towards an upgrade at St Brendan's School.
- Toll Disparity to Hit Latrobe Valley Pockets
Disappointment as Victorians forced to fund the building of the West Gate Tunnel project.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Lowanna College Unveils Upgraded Classrooms and Facilities
Bigger, flexible learning spaces and school facilities unveiled!
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Free Text Books for Secondary School Students
Promise of new free textbooks for secondary schoold students if the Nationals get elected.
- Northe Calls for Improvements to Tyers School Crossing
Northe calls to enhance pedestrian safety at the Tyers Primary School crossing on Main Road.
- Trout Stocking Bonanza for School Holidays
More than 30,000 catchable size rainbow trout stocked into almost 80 waters state-wide.
- Sarsfield Water Main Upgrade Works
Replacing and upgrading 4 kilometers of main water supply pipeline.
- Drouin to Host Spartan Kids Race Next School Holidays
Spartan Australia kids’ race comes to Baw Baw Shire for the first time.
- Northe asks what RET means for Latrobe Valley
North emphasized the need to understand associated modelling and potential impacts on Latrobe Valley workers, contractors, families and businesses with VRET.
- Road Safety Boost for Bass Coast Schools
Improvements for kids and families' safety around Inverloch/Kongwak Primary School and Newhaven College.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Lighting Up Sport across the Latrobe Valley
Installation of 300 new lux LED lights in Newborough and Traralgon.
- Asbestos Taskforce Kicks Off in the Latrobe Valley
Asbestos taskforce first meeting for the Latrobe Valley.
- Pioneer Bay Readies for Road Upgrade
Road and drainage upgrade set for Pioneer Bay Estate road.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Road Safety Boost for Lakes Entrance School
Introduction of electronic speed signs to improve safety around St Brendan’s Primary School in Lakes Entrance.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- Road Safety Boost for Sale Specialist School
Improving safety around the Sale Specialist School with electronic speed signs.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Bus Loop Gets Once Over
Bus loop in front of St Joseph’s Primary School in Wonthaggi will be renewed this January.
- Grantville Gets Information Upgrade
New information shelter works starting 29 March.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.