Gippsland › Latest news › Bass Coast Local News
Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
Bass Coast Shire Council, along with Gippsland Disability Advocacy (GDA) were proud to screen 'Remote Connections' on Monday, 29 November, to celebrate Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability.
From left, Cr David Rooks, Dylan and Meg Hodgkinson (Remote Connections film), Florence Hydon (Remote Connections film), Kristin Nuske (Disability Advocate and Project Officer, Gippsland Disability Advocacy), Darby Martyn (Remote Connections film), Cr Brett Tessari, Maree Grover (Remote Connections film), Kathryn Pryor (Council's Access and Healthy Ageing Officer)
Voice for people with disability
The film screening was partnered with the launch of Council's 'Access, Equity and Inclusion in Bass Coast Plan 2021-25', held at the Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre and was attended by nearly 200 people.
Bass Coast Shire Mayor, Cr Michael Whelan said that the Remote Connections Film Project was developed by Gippsland Disability Advocacy to give local people with disabilities a voice. "I would like to acknowledge the stars of the film, for their courage in sharing their personal experiences of living with disability and that of their families and carers, during the COVID-19 pandemic."
"It was wonderfully moving and inspiring and what we have learnt from these shared experiences will assist us all to better understand and address the range of barriers people with disability experience in their everyday lives in Bass Coast." Cr Whelan said.
Strength and resilience highlighted
GDA Disability Advocate and Project Officer Kristin Nuske said it was wonderful to see so many people turn out to support the film. "The event exceeded our expectations; it was well attended and highlighted the Remote Connections Project wonderfully."
"While the Project showcased the Bass Coast disability communities' challenges during COVID, it also highlighted the strength and resilience of many people with disabilities including carers. Our thanks to Bass Coast Shire for their support in funding this wonderful project." Kristin said.
Commitment to improving access and inclusion
Council's Access, Equity and Inclusion in Bass Coast Plan 2021-2025 outlines the key actions Council will take over the next four years to address the priority access and inclusion issues identified by community members with disability, their families and carers, and service providers.
"I'm proud of the council's commitment to improving access and inclusion for all in Bass Coast, in terms of what we have already achieved and what we are aiming to achieve in the future, for the benefit of absolutely everyone - our residents, visitors and people working in our shire," Cr Whelan said.
"I would especially like to thank our Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee members, the community members and local organisations for their input and commitment to developing this plan."
Access and viewing
For more information about access in Bass Coast, or to view the Access, Equity and Inclusion in Bass Coast Plan 2021-25 visit disability action plan. The Remote Connections film can be viewed at Remote Connections.
Pictures from Bass Coast Shire Council website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bass Coast Shire Council calls for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass in response to proposed change to State Electoral boundaries
Bass Coast Shire Council will develop a submission, advocating for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass, following a proposal to change State Electoral boundaries.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to pursue enforcement options if any local laws breached by new wind turbine on private property near surf beach
Bass Coast Shire Council is aware of the Wind Turbine installed on private property in Surf Beach in recent days, the council also understands and share the community's concerns about the turbine.
- Bass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to share that the organisation has received national recognition in the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues advocating aquatics facilities for Phillip Island and Wonthaggi
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking an investment of $79.3 million to deliver its two-pool strategy.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to use unused road reserves for social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to make six unused road reserves available for the development of social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Bass Coast Shire Council launches new online engagement platform called Engage Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to launch its new online engagement platform, 'Engage Bass Coast', on Monday, 28 February.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues drive for gender equality with equal prize money
Bass Coast Shire to hold sports events that have a prize money to men and women who will win.
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives 41 businesses up to $2000 rebate each to improve shopfronts
Forty-one Bass Coast businesses will receive rebates of up to $2000, to complete vital shopfront improvements.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Council has announced it will be heading to Canberra next month to lobby the new Federal Government on behalf of our community for fairer funding for priority projects in climate change, infrastructure, education, aged care and tourism.
- Bass Coast Shire Council, Bass Coast Health, Phillip Island Nature Parks and Westernport Water support International Women's Day
International Women's Day, held on 8 March is a global day celebrating the social economic, cultural and political achievements of Women.
- Bass Coast Council to promote Advocacy Priorities to candidates for Federal Election on Saturday 21 May 2022
Federal election set for Saturday, 21 May, Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to promote its advocacy priorities to all candidates.
- Bass Coast Shire Council sets direction for health, wellbeing and accessibility
The importance of health, wellbeing, access and inclusion in Bass Coast has been recognised by Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Bass Coast Shire Council offers $2000 rebates for local businesses to improve shopfronts and building facades
Rebates for the service providers and local businesses to improve their shop fronts.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues $205,000 renewal of Grantville seawall
Further works will be carried out to renew the seawall at the end of Pier Road in Grantville, as part of Bass Coast Shire Council's Capital Works Program.
- Bass Coast Shire Youth Advisory Council update - 25 November 2021
Council hears the young people's voice and supports the youth advisory council in their campaign.
- Bass Coast Shire Council supports Sustainability Festival 2021
Sustainability festival support presented by Bass Coast Landcare Network.
- Michael Whelan from Bass Coast Shire council joins Victorian government 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel
Bass Coast Shire Council has again been selected to represent other Victorian Councils on the state government's 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel.
- Restrictions still apply in Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity burning off guidelines outside of the Fire Danger Period
The CFA's Fire Danger Period has now ended in Bass Coast, however some restrictions still apply to burning off under Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity 2012.
- Bass Coast Shire offers fee-free green waste disposal for summer 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council's annual fee-free green waste disposal period is held to encourage residents and property owners to tidy up in preparation for summer and the fire season.
- Bass Coast Shire residents best recyclers in Victoria says sustainability report
Bass Coast Shire residents are the best recyclers in the state, according to a recent Sustainability Victoria report.
- Feedback wanted on Bass Coast Council Draft Asset Plan to achieve its objective aligning with community vision
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling for community feedback on its Draft Asset Plan that will end on Tuesday, 7 June.
- Bass Shire Council investigates road and drainage improvements to Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Bass Coast Shire Council is exploring the possibility of implementing a road and drainage improvement program for the Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Bass Coast Community Vision 2041 with plan for 2021-25 and financial plan 2021-31 adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is pleased to have adopted the Bass Coast Community Vision 2041, the Council Plan 2021-25 and the Long Term Financial Plan 2021-31 at its Meeting on Wednesday.
- Bass Coast Shire Kindergarten first round of registrations for 2022 are now open
Registrations for three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten are now open.
- Bass Coast Shire prepares at Phillip Island for School Leavers Week 2021
The official School Leavers Week runs from 27 November to 4 December.
- Draft statement of planning policy submitted by Bass Coast Shire Council for Distinctive Areas and Landscapes Program from Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council will lodge a submission with the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning (DELWP) on the draft Statement of Planning Policy, outlining its concerns.
- Bass Coast looks forward to working with the Victorian government to help with 2026 Commonwealth Games
Bass Coast Shire Council welcomed today's 2026 Commonwealth Games hosting announcement and looks forward to working with the State Government on securing popular sports.
- Venus Bay, Bass Coast Shire and Baw Baw Shire get $275,000 funding to reduce natural disaster risk and build resilience
The Australian government is reducing the risk and minimising the impact to communities of large-scale natural disasters like floods and bushfires in Monash by directly funding three projects to the value of $275,000.
- Bass Coast heritage review identifies over 300 potentially significant places to be preserved and protected
Heritage review in Bass Coast Shire resulting to development and protection of places that could have potential heritage significance.
- Local Bass Coast artists transform fence surrounding Cowes Cultural and Community Centre
An exciting initiative from Bass Coast Shire Council will see 28 artists supported to install 28 artworks.
- Bass Coast competitors return to Life Saving Victoria 2022 Motorsport inflatable rescue boat premiership season
Inflatable rescue boat (IRB) racing competitors from Venus Bay and Inverloch Surf Life Saving Clubs (SLSCs) returned to the Surf Coast on Sunday for Life Saving Victoria's 2022 TRE Motorsport inflatable rescue boat (IRB) Premiership Season.
- Bass Coast Rail Trail wooden bridge east of Mouth of Powlett Road in Kilcunda to be renewed
Funding for the improvement of tracks, trails and the construction of the wooden bridge located along theBass Coast Rail Trail.
- Bass Coast shop front improvement program delivered rebates to 41 businesses as part of the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic
With the assistance of the rebates, nearly 30 projects have already been completed, such as external signage, painting, minor repairs, accessibility improvements and lighting upgrades.
- Bass Coast competitors return to Life Saving Victoria 2022 Motorsport inflatable rescue boat premiership season
Life Saving Victoria's (LSV's) 2022 TRE Motorsport inflatable rescue boat (IRB) Premiership Season.
- Bass Coast Reconciliation Network calls to heal country as part of NAIDOC week 2021
Celebrating NAIDOC week through art, supporting the contribution and talent of the first nation in Bass Coast.
- Bass Coast Yoga Festival at Inverloch Community Hub on 7 - 8 May 2022
Yoga festival that combines a unique mix of Yoga and wellness in the seaside hamlet of Inverloch, a weekend of rejuvenation & reconnection comes to Inverloch.
- Newhaven jetty in Bass Coast Shire ready to be renewed
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Community Grant recipients in Bass Coast Shire celebrate in $151,2000 of grants
Bass Coast Shire Council distributed $151,200 to 44 community groups on Thursday, for Round Two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Help for local event organisers and businesses from Bass Coast Shire Council thanks to $10,000 grant from LVA
Event activation voucher program, initiated by Bass Coast Shire Council's Economic Development and Investment Team, has been applauded by local events and businesses.
- Hawthorn and Box Hill Hawks work collaboratively with Bass Coast Shire Council to increase football participation for women
Hawthorn Football Club and Box Hill Hawks are proud to announce a new partnership with Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Work on Smiths Beach town plan in Bass Coast Shire to commence and improve resident safety
At its meeting this week, Bass Coast Shire Council adopted the final Smiths Beach Town Plan, to allow implementation of its actions.
- Kilcunda Skate and Play project gets $250,000 funding from Bass Coast Shire Council and Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council was excited to join Member for Bass Jordan Crugnale MP in Kilcunda today (Monday, 23 May), who announced $250,000 for the town's skate and play project, this is in addition to the $325,000 committed by council.
- State government recycling plan to significantly impact Bass Coast Shire Council approach to waste over next ten years
Reforms that are going to significantly impact Bass Coast's approach to waste in the coming years.
- Foreshore vandalism in Bass Coast Policy to be combated with new policy
Bass Coast Shire Council endorsed a new policy at its November Council Meeting, to provide a stronger response to illegal vegetation damage.
- Big step forward for Bass Coast Dinosaurs Trail to create an interactive sound and light 'Gondwana Garden'
A masterplan developed for the community to experience dinosaur discovery, learning and creativity, a journey that links together history, community, culture and environment
- Dinosaur from Bass Coast named as Victoria's official State Fossil Emblem
Proposed dinosaur trail, to give an experience and understanding about the fossil and dinosaurs that once roamed Bass Coast.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- Financial support for residents of Bass Coast Shire impacted by June storms and floods
People in Bass Coast hit hard by the storms and floods in June 2021 can now apply for financial support from the Australian Government.
- Get tickets for the 2021 Bass Coast Business Awards held on Friday 18 February 2022
Tickets are now available for the 2021 Bass Coast Business Awards presentation night.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- Condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures to be done by Bass Coast Shire Council in October and November 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council to carry out condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures during October and November.
- Newhaven jetty on Bass Coast is ready for renewal
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of the Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council winning the Improving Planning Processes Award for their planning partnership
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have won a national award for their unique planning partnership.
- Join in and learn about the Bass Coast Walk for Reconciliation on 26 May 2022
Council invites everyone to join Bass Coast Walk for Reconciliation on 26 May 2022, a joint media release from the Bass Coast Reconciliation Network.
- Businesses and employees participation wanted in 2022 Business and Industry Survey by Bass Coast Shire Council which is open until Monday 23 May
Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Business and Industry Survey is now open. We are calling on our 3,200 businesses, employing almost 11,000 people to participate in the survey.
- Controversial Grantville sand mine extension in Bass Coast gets a green light ignoring the environmental risks
Bass Coast Shire Council is shocked and disappointed that the extension of a controversial sand mine in Grantville will go ahead after it was given the green light by the state government this week.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late May 2022 - Feedback wanted on Great Southern Rail Trail Marketing Plan and more
South GIppsland Shire Council update to the community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council uses COVID-19 Outdoor Activation Fund to assist local businesses and communities recovery
South Gippsland Shire Council is undertaking a number of initiatives to assist local businesses and communities to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- East Gippsland Shire Council promotes priorities to regional candidates in lead up to federal 2022 election
East Gippsland Shire Council's advocacy priorities brought for discussions with the region's federal candidates.
- East Gippsland Shire Council urges everyone to 'Break the Bias' during International Women's Day on 8 March 2022
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging everyone to 'Break the Bias' this International Women's Day - Tuesday 8 March.
- East Gippsland Shire Council notes possible licencing reapplication for mineral sand mine in Glenaladale
East Gippsland Shire Council notes recent reports regarding a possible licencing reapplication for a mineral sand mine in Glenaladale.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early March 2022 - Great Southern Rail Trail project
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In The Know' is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Still time to nominate local heroes for 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year
There is still time to nominate your local heroes for the 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year.
- South Gippsland Shire Council warns of increase in scam calls - 'Hang up, block number and let your friends and family know'
Scammers targeting victims through money recovery scams, be aware of uninvited offers of help to recover money for an up-front payment, they are scams.
- Social commentator Bernard Salt presents at Developing Bass Coast Forum at Bayview Room at Silverwater Resort in San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to be hosting its first in-person Developing Bass Coast Forum since 2019.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- Long grass inspections are being done in Bass Coast Shire so keep up the mowing
Bass Coast Shire Council's Emergency Management Officers are currently carrying out long grass inspections, which will continue into the new year.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Clean Up Australia Day by accepting labelled bags from registered sites at no charge
Clean Up Australia Day is on again on Sunday 6 March and now is the time to get your local community group or a bunch of friends together to clean up a site near you.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- Business Fibre Zone at Phillip Island in Bass Coast to give local businesses access to Gigabit Internet connections
691 Businesses in the Monash electorate will benefit from cheaper and faster broadband with NBN Co announcing the establishment of a Business Fibre Zone at Phillip Island - Bass Coast today.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early February 2022 - Regional Profile Survey closing soon
South Gippsland Council's project plans and updates for the community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early April 2022 - Reconnect All-ages Festival at Leongatha Recreation Reserve
Amazing musicians, great food trucks and maybe a roving performer or two, Reconnect is an opportunity for music-lovers of all ages to come together and celebrate good times.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late March 2022 - Opportunity to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at Council and how you can get involved, this is your opportunity to let us know what you think and provide your feedback.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late February 2022 - Register now to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at council and how you can get involved.
- Guide Park Redevelopment $1.77 M project in Bass Coast Shire to begin early 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council awarded the tender for the Project at its December meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council to continue transition out of direct aged and disability support services
Council is proceeding with the decision reached in March 2020 to transition out of delivering direct care aged and disability support services from 30 June 2022.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- Community feedback wanted on draft 2022/23 budget for Bass Coast Shire Council seeks
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to release its Draft 2022/23 Budget for community consultation.
- West and South Gippsland Shire Councils get $5.6M from federal Financial Assistance Grant program 2021-22 Q3 payment
Local governments in Monash have received their third 2021-22 quarterly payment through the federal government's financial assistance Grant program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council securing priority infrastructure funding to meet demands of growing population from Russell Broadbent
Baw Baw Shire Council advocacy efforts, securing support needed to meet the growing demands of an exploding population.
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts annual 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council adopted the 2022-23 Budget at its council meeting on Tuesday, June 28.
- Grantville Jetty to be renewed by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will renew the Grantville Jetty this month, to improve the safety of the structure which has deteriorated due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Baw Baw Shire Council raises the Pride flag in support of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
Baw Baw Shire Council is proud to celebrate the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) and raise the Pride flag in support of inclusivity and diversity.
- Wellington Shire Council adopts Funding and Procurement of Public Infrastructure Works Policy to develop land for housing and provide employment growth
Wellington Shire Council has adopted a policy which will help unlock much-needed residential land in the main urban centres of the municipality.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services to transition from July 2022
Decision to cease the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs will be transitioned to delivery by other providers.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 17 February 2021
South Gippsland Council meeting minutes and agendas.
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts 2022/23 budget after acting on community feedback
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted its annual budget for 2022/23 which supports the delivery of over 100 community services and invests $41.78 million into community infrastructure, roads and open spaces.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 18 March 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council meeting update.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- Disaster assistance from federal funding for Bass Coast and South Gippsland after severe storms
Financial support now available to local governments in Bass Coast and Gippsland.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- Carol Blair from San Remo is 2022 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year
Bass Coast Shire Council announced the winner of its 2022 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year at a presentation on Wednesday, 19 January.
- Wellington Shire Council 2021 National Economic Development Awards finalist for 'The middle of everywhere' campaign
Wellington Shire Council is a finalist in the 2021 National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Kerryn Ellis as South Gippsland Shire Council CEO is in Top 50 Public Sector Women 2022 from Institute of Public Administration Australia
Statement from Mayor Mohya Davies: re CEO Kerryn Ellis Award.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- Michael Whelan elected as Mayor and Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor for Bass Coast Shire Council in 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council has elected Cr Michael Whelan as Mayor and Cr Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor at its November Meeting.
- Wellington Shire Council will only allow fully vaccinated people into its buildings post COVID-19 vaccination target
How people interact with Wellington Shire Council services will change in coming days when Victoria meets its 80% Covid-19 vaccination target.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 which guides Council's statutory responsibility for improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council publishes 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial
Baw Baw Shire Council has published its 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial Report following their noting at tonight,s Council Meeting.
- Baw baw Shire Council set to continue chemical free maintenance program across open space areas
Council will continue chemical free park maintenance across three open space areas, Hearn Street Park in Drouin, Queen Street Park in Warragul, and McGregor Park in Trafalgar.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Keeping the community up-to-date with council happenings by visiting or downloading the latest media releases.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 April 2022
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports Activism against Gender Based Violence
Baw Baw Shire Council has joined forces with organisations and groups across Gippsland to promote the international 16 Days of Activism campaign against Gender Based Violence.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
- Permit fees for outdoor dining waived by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will waive permit fees for hundreds of hospitality venues to encourage more outdoor dining to help the region bounce back from pandemic lockdowns.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- South Gippsland Council secures $55,000 extra funding from Minister for Water to develop the Integrated Water Management Plan
South Gippsland Shire Council has been successful in securing grant funding to develop an Integrated Water Management Plan for South Gippsland.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Wellington Shire Council encouraging children with launch of BIG Summer Read program
Wellington Shire Council is encouraging local children to keep reading over summer with the launch of the BIG Summer Read program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council advocates on need for safer road infrastructure and traffic solutions in Drouin Warragul and Walhalla
Meeting and discussion about the traffic and safety issues as well as the timeframe of road repairs.
- First advocacy strategy adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council after listening and working with local community
At the 29 June council meeting, council adopted its first Advocacy Strategy and a new Advocacy Priority Project List.
- Applications open for Youth Grants Program from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications for Bass Coast Shire Council's Youth Grants Program are now open.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- Councils in West and South Gippsland will share in $2.1B Commonwealth Cash Boost for flooding and COVID-19 recovery
Five councils in the Monash electorate will benefit from the Australian government's $2.1 billion pre-payment on next year's Financial Assistance Grant to all councils across Australia.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- Wellington Shire Council seeks community feedback on draft 2022/23 budget
Wellington Shire Council today released its draft 2022/23 budget to the community for public feedback.
- New York Times recommends to see Bass Coast's own Penguin Parade
Bass Coast's own Penguin Parade featured at number 24 on The New York Times' 2022 list of 52 places to visit.
- Former local mayor Brett Tessari announced as Nationals Bass Coast candidate for 2022 Victorian election
Bass Coast local Brett Tessari has been officially announced as The Nationals' candidate for Bass in the 2022 State Election.
- Wellington Shire Council endorses second package for business COVID support
Wellington Shire Council today endorsed the second incarnation of its Covid-19 Business Support Package to assist local businesses recover from the effects of the pandemic.
- Feedback on Local Law review from community from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling on the community to provide their feedback on the Draft Local Law No. 1 Neighbourhood Amenity 2022.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Creating Thriving Small Towns, a free online inspiration session for Wellington businesses.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council rates due 15 February 2022
Rates are due in full by 15 February unless you have elected to pay by an instalment or payment plan.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- Wellington Shire Council calls for concerns and suggestions during pandemic with Living Well During COVID-19 plan
Residents of Wellington to give their suggestions to help improve wellbeing during the pandemic.
- Feedback sought on draft Smiths Beach town plan by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has developed the Draft Smiths Beach Town Plan, following extensive community engagement in 2020 and is now looking for feedback.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's minutes and agenda on their 22 June 2022 council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 September 2021
Council meeting minutes and agendas held last 22 September 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 23 February 2022
Council meeting minutes and agendas held on Wednesday, 23 February 2022.
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 January 2022
Council meeting for the proposed development for the shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 December 2021
Council meeting update held on 08 Dec 2021.
- Wellington Shire council's domestic animal management plan is open for feedback
Dog and cat lovers, the council wants to hear from you.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 13 April
Agendas of the council meeting helst Wednesday 13 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 13 October 2021
On Monday 11 October, Council held an additional Council Meeting to consider the scope, budget and potential funding options of the Baw Baw Civic Precinct.
- Wellington Shire Council urging residents to prepare properties for coming fire season
Properties must be prepared before the annual inspections take place and maintained for the entire Fire Danger Period.
- Online climate change community portal launched by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's online climate change community portal has launched, providing locally relevant climate change information to the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 February 2022
9 February council meeting agenda.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 August 2021
Agenda of the council meeting on Wednesday, 11 August.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 August 2021
Agenda from the council meeting held on 25 August 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 April 2022
Summary of the council meeting held on 27 April 2022.
- East Gippsland Council calls communities to help create emergency response plans called a Local Incident Management Plan (LIMP)
Preparing local communities for emergencies particularly on knowing what to do during fire and storm hits.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 14 July 2021
Agendas of council meeting held on 14 July 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 March 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 9 March council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 June 2022
Agendas and minutes of the Baw Baw Shire council meeting held 8 June 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 May 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 25 May council meeting.
- Wellington Shire Council extends deadline for Australia Day Awards nominations
Extended the deadline for nominations to recognise local heroes in the 2022 Australia Day Awards until midnight on 7 November.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- Wellington Shire Council reminds dog owners to clean up after their pooches
Reminding pet owners to clean up their pets waste, failure to do so will be fined.
- Reminder for beach goers to swim between the flags from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is urging everyone to be safe by the water this summer and to always swim between the red and yellow flags at a patrolled beach.
- Kilcunda Caravan Park on Bass Highway gets new long-term lease
Bass Coast Shire Council has awarded a long-term lease for the Kilcunda Caravan Park, located on the Bass Highway in Kilcunda.
- Family Day Care from Baw Baw Shire Council wins National Service of the Year at Excellence Awards in Canberra
Baw Baw Shire Council's renowned Family Day Care service has been recognised as the National Service of the Year at the Family Day Care Australia Excellence in Family Day Care Awards in Canberra.
- Applications open for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for environment-related projects
From Tuesday 19 April, community groups and non-profit organisations will be able to apply for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for equipment or environment-related projects.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- Five remote areas get improved mobile phone coverage in East Gippsland
Five remote areas in East Gippsland will receive improved mobile phone coverage thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Cowes foreshore gets new groynes to improve coastal protection from Bass Coast Shire Council
Eight new timber groynes are now in place to protect the Cowes East foreshore from erosion.
- Community feedback wanted on local caravan and camping needs by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback from the community on the caravan and camping options that are available across the region.
- Community feedback on proposed changes to governance rules for Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is looking for community feedback on proposed changes to its Governance Rules.
- Cowes Culture and Community Centre construction tender up to be considered by Bass Coast Shire Council on 20 Oct 2021
Council project that valued the community's feedback and would create jobs for the local community.
- Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program gives up to $300 from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program will give businesses rebates of up to $300 for providing outdoor entertainment this summer.
- Nominations are now open for the 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Award
Nominations for Bass Coast Australia Day 2022 Awards.
- South Gippsland Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 15 June 2022
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Feedback wanted from families for local kindergarten providers and Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council and local kindergarten providers want to hear from families, to better understand kindergarten needs for the Shire into the future.
- More outdoor trading over summer period to be encouraged by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will once again transform outdoor spaces to encourage more outdoor trading over the coming summer period.
- Residents can now make request online to Bass Coast Shire Council
Customers can now log their requests directly through Bass Coast Shire Council's website.
- Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign supported by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will be facilitating 'chats' with its employees and the community, throughout the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign, which starts today (25 November).
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Tracks and Trails Strategy from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council wants to hear from the community on the draft Tracks and Trails Strategy, which has now been released.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Updates from the ouncil meeting held on 11 May 2022.
- Pet plan (Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021/25) adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has adopted its Domestic Animal Management Plan (DAMP) 2021-25 at the October Council Meeting.
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- Pop-up program from Baw Baw Shire Council is back and starts 17 March 2022 in Thorpdale
Baw Baw Shire Council's popular Council Pop-up program is back for 2022, taking council and staff on the road to speak to locals where they live.
- Latrobe City Youth Council encourages healthy eating with 'Fab food marvellous mood' campaign'
Food campaign to help educate the young people about healthy diet that lead to happier and healthier mental and physical wellness.
- Black Spot program funded nearly $3 million for three projects in Baw Baw, Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires for 2020-21
Installation of safety barriers and safety upgrades such as lighting, signage, traffic lights and roundabouts in Sand Road/Princes Way as part of the government's Black Spot Program.
- Wellington, East Gippsland and Latrobe City Councils share in $7.7M funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Three Gippsland councils will share in $7.7 million in additional Federal Government funding to undertake local priority projects.
- Input from Jam Jerrup residents on possible road upgrade encouraged by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council wants to hear from property owners in Jam Jerrup, as part of a potential future road and drainage upgrade project.
- Free flu vaccines shots from National Immunisation Program start 10 May in Bass Coast Shire so book now
Bass Coast Shire Council's Influenza immunisation program will begin in May, which offers free flu vaccinations through the National Immunisation Program.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- Footpath renewal and parking bay upgrades of $80,000 in Inverloch under Bass Coast Capital Works Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has several renewal projects about to get underway in Inverloch.
- Industrial land use strategy on existing and future supply adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council adopted the Bass Coast Industrial Land Study at its council meeting, held on Wednesday, 16 March.
- Latrobe City Council encourages community to connect through culture and recognise Cultural Diversity Week
Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to connect through culture this week to recognise Cultural Diversity Week.
- Recycled road method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi being used by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is using an innovative method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi, between Broome Crescent and Stewart Street.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- Baw Baw Shire Mayor Cr Leaney to host community forum about traffic on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Michael Leaney will host a live community forum on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm to discuss council's advocacy efforts to improve the congestion on Warragul and Drouin ageing arterial road network.
- Applications open for Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations grants from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications are now open for up to $1,000 for Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations Grant.
- New oval lighting for Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will install new oval lighting at the Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves over coming months.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- Feedback wanted in the Local Law review for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is currently reviewing its Local Law and is calling on the community to provide feedback on the proposed changes.
- Wellington Council increases grants amount for non-profit community groups up to $6,000 in latest round fro 2022
Wellington Shire Council has made changes to its grants programs to help not-for-profit community groups with rising costs and COVID-19 recovery, and to make the application process easier for volunteers.
- Free Seniors Festival film and lunch event in Wonthaggi on 22 March 2022 hosted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council, in partnership with the Victorian Seniors Festival, is hosting a free Seniors Festival film and lunch event in Wonthaggi on Tuesday, 22 March.
- Latrobe City Youth Council inviting new members for 2022
Latrobe City Youth Council is seeking new members for the 2022 term to build their leadership skills, make new connections and provide input into Council's decision making
- Nominations for Wellington Shire Council 2022 Australia Day Awards closing soon
Time is fast running out to nominate a person or group for recognition in Wellington Shire Council's 2022 Australia Day Awards.
- Community feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is seeking valuable community input to guide the development of a new environmental sustainability strategy for Baw Baw Shire.
- Latrobe City Council calls on federal candidates to secure $3.25M to complete in Traralgon Flood Recovery Project
Latrobe City Council is calling on Federal candidates to invest in the Traralgon Flood Recovery Project across Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Glenview Park.
- Young people in East Gippsland wanted to apply for free leadership program - Youth Ambassador Program
East Gippsland Shire Council is looking for people aged 12 to 25 to join the Youth Ambassador Program.
- Latrobe City Council calls to preserve Lake Narracan following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028
Latrobe City Council will make a submission to the State Government calling to preserve Lake Narracan's weir and water levels following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028.
- Mayor Danny Goss of Baw Baw Shire Council to host live Q&A on Facebook on 14 Sep 2021
Join Mayor Danny Goss as he answers resident questions in a live Facebook Q&A event on Tuesday 14 September at 7.30pm.
- Latrobe City Council submits to inquiry into impacts of Hazelwood and Yallourn power stations closures
Latrobe City Council will advocate for greater Government support for the municipality to help the region transition with less power stations.
- Latrobe City Council seeks to attract manufacturers for Australian Defence Force to Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Council is seeking to raise the City’s manufacturing profile by contacting businesses in the defence supply chain from across Australia, with the intent of attracting new opportunities to the municipality.
- Latrobe City Council Aged Care and Services to undergo significant changes from July 2022
Council services will undergo significant changes across Latrobe City with council set to transfer the Aged Care and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People services to new providers in July 2022.
- Latrobe City Council helps secure $117M funding for local projects from Victorian 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council thanks the State Government for their investment in local projects as part of the 2022/23 Budget.
- Latrobe City Council calls government to back recovery of Traralgon Showgrounds community groups from 2021 storm and flood event
Calling on the State and Federal Governments to back a plan to help community groups based at Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- Omeo Caravan Park remedial works get high priority from East Gippsland Shire Council so opened in time for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Baw Baw Council adopts planning scheme amendment for Drouin CBD
Community feedback sought by the council has helped shape the design and development of Drouin's central business district.
- Gippsland Disability Advocacy received $40,000 to connect carers from across Gippsland through formal and informal peer support programs
Local unpaid carers who selflessly support their loved ones will receive more support from the Victorian Government to help care for their own wellbeing.
- Baw Baw Council Public Art Fund contributes $20,000 to complete Tanjil Bren mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road
The new mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road was officially opened with a local community celebration on Saturday 2nd April 2022.
- Latrobe City Council announces community representatives for safety committee
Council announcing the representative of the new community safety committee.
- Community feedback wanted for Baw Baw Shire Council to develop vision for Yarragon in the future
Community is invited to input ideas to help develop the Yarragon Township Plan and Urban Design Framework.
- Community to feedback wanted on Urban Forest Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is developing an Urban Forest Strategy, to help ensure Bass Coast's 'urban forest' continues to thrive.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- South Gippsland Shire draft 2020/21 Annual Report on public exhibition for two weeks
Council's 2020/21 Annual Report is currently on public exhibition for two weeks.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Unlocking Rural Tourism Strategy 2022 by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback on its draft Unlocking Rural Tourism Strategy.
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Advocacy Priority list endorsed and several important grant applications supported by Bass Coast Shire Council
Revised and updated advocacy priorities that will seek funding.
- Expressions of interest open for Baw Baw Shire Council advisory committees until 15 July 2022
Council is currently seeking expressions of interest from community members looking to join three Advisory Committees to help inform and influence future council decisions.
- Community feedback wanted on Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates drainage works by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to investigate a potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Roadside and Footpath Trading policy from Baw Baw Shire Council balances business benefit and community safety
Council adopted a roadside and footpath trading policy for traders.
- West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation becomes not-for-profit organisation in Bass Coast Shire
Council working with West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation on the proposed transition to ensure the required governance changes do not affect the important service and to meet the needs and expectations of the growing community.
- Activating our outdoor spaces this summer for business in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is helping local businesses to create outdoor trading and dining spaces across the Shire this summer.
- Winners of 2021 Business Awards held at Silverwater Resort in San Remo announced by Bass Coast Shire Council
Local businesses were in the spotlight on Friday (18 February) night, as Bass Coast Shire Council announced the winners of the 2021 Business Awards at an event held at Silverwater Resort in San Remo.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Drouin biodiverse bushland reserve to be created by Baw Baw Shire Council from purchase of Roberts Court Bushland Reserve
Baw Baw Shire Council has purchased a 10.53-hectare property in Drouin for the creation of a community bushland reserve.
- Latrobe City Council re-opens Cumberland Park kindergarten after negative results for COVID-19
Identified close contact resulted negative from COVID-19.
- Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay Project concept plans need community feedback from Bass Coast residents
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue its development of concept plans for the potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Community survey for South Gippsland Shire open for residents to feedback likes, challenges and priorities
South Gippsland Shire Council (Council) is undertaking research to help understand community needs.
- Community feedback wanted on reducing speed limit on Lynnes Road in Wattle Bank wanted by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is reviewing the speed limit on a section of Lynnes Road in Wattle Bank.
- Community feedback wanted on Communications and Engagement Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is reviewing its Communications and Engagement Strategy and wants to hear from the community.
- Staying safe from COVID Omicron surge in Bass Coast Shire
Information is brought for the community by Bass Coast Health and Bass Coast Shire Council to prepare, manage, and isolate.
- Sandymount Avenue and Powlett Street to get raised pedestrian crossing part with $128,000 funding from Bass Coast Shire Council
In a first for Bass Coast, a raised pedestrian crossing will be constructed at the intersection of Sandymount Avenue and Powlett Street in Inverloch this month.
- Community sponsorship now available for events and ambassadorships in Baw Baw Shire until 8 August 2022
Applications are now open for individuals and not-for-profit sporting/community groups for funding through council's Community Sponsorship program for activities that support vibrant social and community outcomes.
- Latrobe City Council calls for Victorian government to support for timber industry
Release of code of practice for timber industry that has been on a long delayed by the state government.
- Local Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti sculpture coming soon to Drouin Civic Park as part of Baw Baw Shire Council $1.48M park upgrade project
Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti, combining art and science comes naturally, inspiring others to pursue their lifelong passions no matter the condition they're in.
- East Gippsland Shire motorists reminded to check parking restrictions
Increasing enforcement effort across the shire to ensure motorists follow parking restrictions.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- Key plans adopted by South Gippsland Shire council and more
South Gippsland Council adopted key plans to help them shape up the shire, understanding and delivering community expectations and needs.
- Fossil hunting guided tours to discover dinosaurs that roamed along Bunurong coastline in Bass Coast start 27 December 2021
Guided tours over the summer period for budding paleontologists at the Dinosaur Dreaming sites.
- Bellbird Park construction funded $4.1M from Baw Baw Shire Council and Victorian Government through Growing Suburbs Fund
The first sod has been turned at Bellbird Park to mark the commencement of works on a vibrant new multi-use pavilion and community events facility.
- Tell your mobile dropouts, blackspots and poor connections to the 'Connecting Victoria' online survey
The people of Gippsland have been given a unique opportunity to name the dropouts, the blackspots and the poor digital connections that impede their ability to live, work and play.
- Community feedback is being sought by the council on pedestrian and cyclist safety in CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community input about pedestrian and cyclist safety concerns on roads within the CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin.
- Community feedback wanted on draft of Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 Annual Budget
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community submissions in response to the recently published draft Annual Budget 2022/23, Long Term Infrastructure Plan, Council Plan Annual Review, Revenue and Rating Plan, and Long Term Financial Plan.
- Feedback wanted on community vision, draft council plan and draft long term financial plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of the community is encouraged to join the community engagement and send their feedback to council's vision for the Baw Baw's future.
- Baw Baw Shire local roads network improvement gets $11.21M boost in funding for 2022/23 from council
Baw Baw Shire Council's budget investment for local roads improvement.
- Pet registration door knocking campaign by Regi-check ambassadors to commence in Baw Baw Shire
Regi-Check ambassadors will conduct a door knocking campaign on behalf of Baw Baw Shire Council to assist residents with their pet registration needs.
- Baw Baw Shire gets nearly $3.6M from federal government Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has welcomed $3.5 million in Australian government funding that will see the completion of three significant community infrastructure projects across the Shire.
- Sale Oval precinct opens after $1.6M redevelopment funded by Wellington Shire Council, Coalition government and John Leslie Foundation
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Sale Oval redevelopment today alongside Wellington Shire Councillor John Tatterson and community members.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- Wurruk development four-year strategic plan adopted by Wellington Shire Council to help address acute housing shortage
Council today took the first step to address Wellington's acute housing shortage, paving the way to facilitate the development of around 1600 new housing lots.
- Wellington Shire wellness map list of tracks and trails close to town centres to encourage you to spend time in the spring sunshine
Wellington Shire council is encouraging you to get active close to home.
- Keith Cook elected to fill Baw Baw Shire Council West Ward vacancy
Re-elected councillor swearing-in and induction to join and be a part of his old team.
- Concern over delays to rollout of Murray Basin Rail Project East expresses by Gippsland Shire Council to Andrews Labor government
Council backed a request from the Rail Freight Alliance (RFA), of which Council is a member, to join a statewide call to get the project back on track ahead of the Victorian State Election.
- Buln Buln Recreation Reserve gets $65,000 funding for upgrade from Baw Baw Shire Council Playground Renewal Program
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community members big and small to share their thoughts and ideas to help redesign a Buln Buln playground.
- Nominations open to for young people for 2022 Youth Council in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is calling on young people who want to have a greater say and help build a strong and inclusive community, to nominate for 2022 Youth Council.
- Gippsland rural airstrips and aerodromes can apply for grants of between $5,000 and $3M from federal Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program
The guidelines for round nine of the federal government,s Remote Airstrip Upgrade program have now been released.
- Work begins on 360 metre rock revetment wall along Cowes East Foreshore by Bass Coast Shire Council
Works on Cowes East Foreshore will begin on 1 February and be completed by the end of July, subject to weather and tidal conditions.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Business Fibre Zones with 1 GB Internet connections coming to Warragul and Wonthaggi-Inverloch from agreement between state government and NBN Co
Victorians can look forward to more areas of their state being able to access the highest speed NBN speed tiers under a co-investment agreement between NBN Co Limited (NBN Co) and the Victorian Government, announced today.
- Street light project in South Gippsland Shire will save $9.4M in energy and capital costs when completed
Street lighting project is nearing its completion, the remaining 270 inefficient streetlights in South Gippsland Shire will be replaced later this year.
- Detox your Home event to encourage Wonthaggi to dispose of unwanted household chemicals on 31 Oct 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council is encouraging the community to dispose of unwanted household chemicals at the Detox your Home event, coming to Wonthaggi on Sunday, 31 October.
- Baw Baw shire businesses take out prestigious Gippsland Business Awards 2021
Businesses across Baw Baw and the region have been recognised for their outstanding contribution and achievements
- Grantville footpath replacement along Bass Highway to get start
Part of the footpath along Bass Highway in Grantville will be replaced in coming weeks.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges locals to follow COVID-19 health advice for sake of local business
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens has urged locals to be vigilant and to follow the latest Covid-19 health advice, for the sake of local business.
- Planning resources and new initiatives for Baw Baw Shire gets $1.19M in council 2022/23 budget
Council's 2022/23 Annual Budget includes decisive steps to address these challenges, and These challenges are heightened by a COVID-impacted labour market and a shortage of skilled planners.
- Berrys Beach Road renewal in Ventnor gets $400,000 from Victorian government and $25,000 from Bass Coast Council
A section of Berrys Beach Road in Ventnor will be renewed by Bass Coast Shire Council in coming weeks.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges kindness as Melbourne and regional Victoria opens up
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens is encouraging locals to be kind and support each other as Melbourne and regional Victoria move to the same Covid restrictions from this Friday.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Facts on euthanasia of Walter the dog cleared up CEO of South Gippsland Shire Council Kerryn Ellis
A statement from South Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer, Kerryn Ellis.
- James Reid - Baw Baw Shire Planning Director departs to pursue potentially career-defining project in professional planning
Baw Baw Shire Council Director of Planning and Development James Reid to pursue a role with the Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
- Sale and Yarram in Wellington Shire raise pride flag in support for the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia
Wellington Shire Council flew the rainbow pride flag at locations in Sale and Yarram on Tuesday to mark the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT).
- Please don't hang up when the Latrobe City Council Community Satisfaction Survey calls
Latrobe City Council residents may soon receive a phone call inviting them to participate in the Victorian Government's annual Community Satisfaction Survey, undertaken by National Field Services.
- Young people encouraged to join Gippsland Community Leadership Program via Wayne Casey Youth Scholarship Fund
Gippsland Community Leadership Program's (GCLP) 10 month long immersion program for emerging young regional leaders.
- Have your say on the draft concept master plans for the Baw Baw Shire sporting reserves for Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community feedback on the Sporting Reserve Concept Masterplans for Drouin and Warragul.
- Outstanding success with competition surfing returning with Phillip Island Pro 2022 to Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is proud to support events right across the Shire and as part of this, has a longstanding commitment to hosting surfing events in the region.
- East Gippsland residents invited to have say on mobile and internet services
East Gippsland Shire Council is inviting locals to have their say on how to ensure secure, fast and reliable internet and mobile services for everyone in the shire.
- Community consultation opens on 4 April 2022 on Baw Baw Shire Council draft asset plan
Council encouraging the community to get involved and send their feedback on the draft Asset Plan the plan.
- Baw Baw Shire residents can book additional hard waste pick up service to help with Spring cleanup
Additional hard waste collection bookings are now open for Baw Baw Shire residents looking to get their Spring cleaning done and dusted.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- Local community invited celebrate completion of solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall in Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is inviting the community to celebrate the completion of the solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall this month.
- Draft South Gippsland Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategies, Amendment C126 and development plan application on public exhibition
Council is inviting you to send your feedback about the South Gippsland planning scheme and development.
- Funding $2.69 million goes to four major Gippsland businesses and Latrobe City Council via Regional Recovery Fund
The Andrews Labor Government is accelerating regional Victoria's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic by investing in Eastern Victoria to create jobs and stimulate the local economy.
- Feedback needed from Baw Baw Shire residents on how we manage pets and pet owner issues
Council is inviting the community to provide feedback on the draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021 - 2025.
- Misinformation on Coal Creek Community Park Museum dispelled by South Gippsland Shire Council Mayor, Mohya Davies
Mayor Cr Davies dispels misinformation going around Coal Creek Park and Museum.
- Darren Chester welcomes Offshore Electricity Infrastructure Bill to allow large Bass Strait projects with hundreds of local jobs
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has welcomed the introduction of legislation to develop offshore electricity infrastructure with local jobs at stake.
- Implementation of revised Open Space Maintenance Standards by Baw Baw Shire Council sees improvement on the ground
Implementation of the adopted open space maintenance will have operational changes, gaining more appreciation and positive feedback.
- Owners pleaded guilty from dog attacks and fined $1,200 with an additional $4,500 in costs payable to Bass Coast Shire Council
At a court hearing last week, two dog owners pleaded guilty to charges related to dog attacks.
- Baw Baw Shire celebrates NAIDOC week with special events from 03 to 10 July 2022
From Sunday 3 July to Sunday 10 July, NAIDOC Week events are happening across Baw Baw Shire to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- East Gippsland gets $2M through Regional Connectivity Program to improve mobile voice and data connectivity
The Federal Member for Gippsland has welcomed over $2 million of funding in this year's budget to improve connectivity in East Gippsland, in partnership with Telstra.
- Online guide on how Gippslanders can live sustainably from Wellington Shire Council
Information on how to live sustainably is now easier to find thanks to an upgrade of Wellington Shire Council's online resources for local residents and businesses.
- West Gippsland gets more than 300 new three-and four-year-old extra kindergarten places from Victorian government
The Andrews Labor government is helping families in West Gippsland get their kids into early childhood learning by creating more than 300 new three-and four-year-old kindergarten places.
- Study shows erosion impacts on Kilcunda foreshore in Bass Coast Shire
The Kilcunda Foreshore Erosion Options Assessment Report has recently been released, outlining a study into the impacts of erosion on the Kilcunda foreshore.
- Wellington shire residents now eligible for storm recovery assistance from Federal government
Funding to provide assistance to the residents affected by the storm in their recovery process.
- East Gippsland Conservation Management Network gets $200,663 via Environment Restoration Fund to enhance protection of threatened Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies
East Gippsland Conservation Management Network (EGCMN) will improve protection for Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies in Gippsland thanks to federal government funding.
- Gippslanders urged to visit Sale in October to see Australia's oldest and most prestigious art award - Archibald Prize
Entries on Young Archie 2021 exhibition in Gippsland are on exhibition on Level 2 of the Gippsland Art Gallery, from 27 Sep - 21 Nov 2021.
- Gippsland welcomes federal budget 2022-23 which includes a range of regional initiatives that will support region to grow and thrive
Federal budget 2022-23 release to continue support of growing Gippsland.
- Support Baw Baw Shire hospitality and businesses throughout the pandemic with 'Baw Baw Eat and Explore' campaign and website
Government project that encourages community to buy local products as much as they can to help the businesses thrive with the current challenges from the pandemic.
- TAFE Gippsland gets $4 million upgrade from 'TAFE Asset Maintenance Fund' to cater for growing enrolments at Warragul Campus
Warragul students will soon move into new state-of-the-art facilities at TAFE Gippsland, funded by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Gippsland Cancer Care Centre to get new Linear Accelerator as part of $11M funding package from the Victorian 2022/23 budget
Regional cancer patients will have access to brand new radiotherapy services closer to home, thanks to a massive funding boost in the Victorian Budget 2022/23.
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- Local artists showcased their musical talents at the all-ages music event supported by Wellington Shire Youth Council and FReeZA crew Propellor
Local artists showcased their musical talents in front of a big crowd at the recent All-Ages Tour, which was organised and hosted by Wellington Shire Youth Council.
- Attend Continyou event for free for conversations on community growth, resilience and inspiration at West Gippsland Arts Centre 21 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council to host two inspiring events to promote community resilience at West Gippsland Arts Centre on 21 June 2022.
- Eight major Gippsland businesses get research and advice through the 'Driving Gippsland's Food and Fibre Agenda' program
Gippsland's vital food and fibre sector is set to benefit with seven local businesses selected to participate in a new innovative initiative, backed by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Gippsland hotels get federal funding to improve energy efficiency
Funding grants to upgrade hotel and accommodation providers to install energy monitoring equipment and improvement works through double glazing insulation.
- Cowes to Rhyll boardwalk gets $416,000 for upgrade from Victorian government regional funding
Bass Coast Shire Council has welcomed new State Government funding towards its tracks and trails network, bringing benefits to the Bass Coast community.
- Municipal monitor appointed for 2021 South Gippsland Shire Election to restore confidence
A municipal monitor will be appointed to Council following the election in late October.
- Baw Baw Shire kindergarten open days for 2023 have started
Baw Baw families looking to enrol their children in kindergarten for 2023 are invited to attend upcoming Open Days in their township.
- One Gippsland says 2022/23 Victorian budget will help boost to recovery of region
One Gippsland has welcomed the Victorian government's broader investment in health, economic recovery and support for First Nations Victorians.
- Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation and Latrobe City Council to create opportunities for local aboriginal community
Program that will focus on creating employment opportunities for Aboriginal community members to reconnect with the Country and develop and share their skills and knowledge.
- Murray Street and Biggs Drive intersection upgrade gets $650,000 funding from Blackspot Program 2021/22 and Growing Suburbs Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to Unlock Opportunities in Wonthaggi, with significant pedestrian safety upgrade works on the intersection of Murray Street and Biggs Drive about to get underway.
- Keith Cook sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor
Keith Cook has been sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor with a ceremony held this afternoon in the Fountain Room of the West Gippsland Art Centre.
- Young Archie 2021 exhibition now open at Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale
Gippslanders will get a unique first look at Australia's oldest and most prestigious art award when the Archibald Prize opens in Sale next week.
- Free film on big screen at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre for Social Inclusion Week
Bass Coast Shire Council has partnered with Gippsland Disability Advocacy (GDA) to celebrate Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability.
- East Gippslanders dismayed by bushfire recovery grants program
Council disappointment on the recovery grants for bush fire damages, requesting urgent review on bush fire recovery funding allocation for Gippsland.
- Farming events return to Wellington Shire such as the Sowing the Gap project, Farming for Success and East Gippsland Field Days
Building resilience from the ground up and preparing for a prosperous farming future is the common theme of a series of events to be held across regional Gippsland in the coming weeks and months.
- Wellington shire businesses eligible for disaster power outage payments
Financial assistance is now available for businesses in Wellington that experienced prolonged power outages after severe storms on October 29, 2021.
- Plan from Gippsland One to get region on the political agenda in December 2021
One GIppsland makes a bid for federal and state budget funding, putting Gippsland on the political agenda.
- Plan from Gippsland One to get region on the political agenda in December 2021
One GIppsland makes a bid for federal and state budget funding, putting Gippsland on the political agenda.
- The Disability Gateway is new one-stop shop for support to people in Gippsland with a disability
People with disability can now access support team which includes information, programs and support available.
- Access and inclusion on the agenda for Bass Coast
Council held an access and inclusion forum to help shape the development of a new disability action plan.
- Gippsland hydrogen cluster launched and well positioned to be a key player
The Gippsland Hydrogen Cluster was launched today during an online event by its auspicing body the Committee for Gippsland.
- Sale air show to get flying start for Gippsland in 2022 by Wellington Shire Council
An event that would give chance to reconnection of former air force colleagues, attract visitors that would also give boost to the economy.
- East Gippsland Rail Trail gets sealing and surface upgrades by local firm Cranes Asphalting
Funding for works on the rail trail from Bairnsdale to Orbost.
- Get active close to home in Wellington Shire with awesome wellness map
Council has curated a list and map that includes wetlands, arts and beach trails, all within easy reach of Wellington's main urban areas.
- Giant Gippsland Earthworms and Hooded Plovers get $500,000 from Morrison government Threatened Species Strategy Action Plan
Community-led program that aims to conserve, restore and protect native wildlife that share the same habitat.
- Uniting Gippsland Family Day Care in Bairnsdale and Paynesville Neighbourhood Child Care Centre get $380,000 for child care services for East Gippsland
Two child care providers in East Gippsland have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- Everyone to enjoy Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre in Traralgon regardless of ability or language with introduction of Access Key
Latrobe City Council delivers Access Key to customise accessibility to Gippsland Aquatic Centre (GRAC) in Traralgon
- East Gippsland community grants open for application to 5 August 2022
Community groups and organisations across the shire are being encouraged to consider applying in the latest round of East Gippsland Shire Council's Community Grants Program.
- Federal budget to support Gippsland's recovery with a focus on infrastructure spending and cost of living relief for local families
Darren Chester MP welcomes commitment to continue funding major infrastructure projects in Gippsland for local roads, bridges, community facilities and better telecommunication services
- Gippsland Community Leadership Program celebrates more than 25 years of developing regional leaders at Lardner Park
The Gippsland Community Leadership Program (GCLP) celebrated more than 25 years of developing regional leaders on Friday night at Lardner Park in the beautiful Baw Baw Shire.
- Civil engineering scholarship $10,000 grant for Federation University Gippsland campus from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council offering a $10,000 scholarship to a local student undertaking civil engineering studies at Federation University's Gippsland campus.
- Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens in Wellington Shire plant collection of rare and threatened species for display
Parks staff from Wellington Shire Council recently rolled up their sleeves alongside Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens to plant a collection of rare and threatened species found in the region.
- Feedback invited on Rural Land Use Strategy from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council inviting the community to send their feedback for the rural land use strategy.
- Gippsland chosen as a regional Hydrogen Cluster as federal government commits $570M to hydrogen energy development
Gippsland has been chosen by National Energy Resources Australia (NERA) as one of a handful of clusters across Australia that will play a pivotal role in accelerating the development, deployment, and commercialisation of the hydrogen industry.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Moe Play Space in Apex Park gets changing places accessible toilet from Latrobe City Council with $110,000 from Victorian government
Funding received from the government for changing areas at Apex Park.
- New Gippsland culinary experiences at Sardine Cantina in Paynesville and Sodafish in Lakes Entrance
Put a pin in your foodie maps, new Gippsland culinary experiences await.
- Gippsland to share in $3B Victorian economy boost from 2026 Commonwealth Games
Gippsland is set to shine on the world sporting stage in 2026, with the region being confirmed as one of the four regional hubs to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre leads the way at 2022 Local Government Professionals awards
The Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) has been recognised as a leading community facility in Victoria at the 2022 Local Government Professionals awards.
- Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale receives $2M facility upgrade from federal government
The Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale will receive a $2 million boost if the federal coalition government is returned on Saturday.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre officially opened by Minister for Regional Development Mary-Anne Thomas as centerpiece of the $42M Latrobe Creative Precinct
The much-anticipated Gippsland Performing Arts Centre has opened its doors to the public, with the state-of-the-art space to become a drawcard for locals and visitors bringing top acts to the region.
- Gippsland's priority projects August 2021 update stated by One Gippsland Chair Brett Tessari
The One Gippsland alliance is celebrating its first birthday this month, and we are excited about the future of our region with the guidance and collaboration of our board.
- Gippsland students can apply for up to $18,000 assistance via Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is encouraging local students needing financial assistance to apply for round six of the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program.
- Cowes in Phillip Island to get two new footpaths built
Bass Coast Shire Council will construct two new footpaths in Cowes, starting this August.
- Gippsland Water draft Price Submission to the Essential Services Commission ready for community feedback sought in early July
More than 3,500 customers have helped shape Gippsland Water's plans and pricing for the next five years.
- East Gippsland residents encouraged to apply for new $250 Power Saving Bonus from 1 July 2022
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has encouraged all eligible East Gippsland residents to apply for the new $250 Power Saving Bonus (PSB).
- Gippsland Water to build organic waste facility with $4.8M federal funding via Food Waste for Healthy Soils program
A local water corporation, Gippsland Water, has received $4.788 million to improve facilities and efficiency with funding provided by the previous federal government.
- West and central Gippsland gets $480M for 4G and 5G wireless upgrade from Morrison government in 2022-23 federal budget
Electorate of Monash will have access to a significantly more capable NBN network following a $480 million investment by the Morrison Government in the 2022-23 Federal Budget.
- Gippsland performing arts centre in Traralgon officially opens
Opening Night of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre, community gathers to breathe life into our new creative precinct.
- Gippsland lifesaver Barrie Smith of Seaspray and Alpine First Aid and Training recognised in Life Saving Victoria Awards of Excellence
Local lifesavers and facilities from the Gippsland region have been recognised in Life Saving Victoria's (LSV's) 2021 Awards of Excellence.
- Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal makes first determination on payment of councillor allowances for East Gippsland Shire
The Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal has made its first determination on the payment of mayoral, deputy mayoral and councillor allowances.
- East Gippsland to install 11 EV fast-charging stations with $400,000 from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland is about to roll out the first public electric vehicle (EV) fast-charging network for the region.
- One Gippsland announces new leadership with Kellie O'Callaghan as Chair and Ian Bye Mayor as Deputy Chair
One Gippsland has elected a new Chair and Deputy Chair to lead the alliance through 2022 ahead of the Federal and Victorian elections.
- Nominate a local hero for East Gippsland Shire Australia Day Awards
Perfect time to shine a spotlight on an unsung hero who has made a positive contribution to our community.
- Gippsland residents reminded to submit photographs the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar
Encouraging photographers and the community to send their photograph entry for the calendar.
- Over fire prevention notices issued in Wellington Shire to clean up properties during the fire danger period in 2021/22
Council reminding the community and landowners to maintain their surroundings to a fire-safe condition during the fire danger period.
- Important Gippsland projects funded by 2022/23 Victorian government budget announced by One Gippsland
With a new federal government in play and a state election at the end of the year, the One Gippsland team has been working hard to ensure that our beautiful region is top of mind for politicians and policy makers.
- West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth clear walking track at Mt Worth State Park
Volunteers from the West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth have come together for a working bee to clear the walking track at Mt Worth State Park on Tuesday morning.
- East Gippsland community and sporting groups share in $900,000 from Victorian government Sporting Club Grants Program
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has congratulated nine local community and sporting groups who have been successful in receiving funding under the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre program ready for March 2022 opening
The stage is almost set for world-class shows and entertainment as construction of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre (GPAC) nears completion ready for the March 2022 opening.
- West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt to glow purple for victims of domestic and family violence
The West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt will be lit up purple this Wednesday 4 May in memory of the lives of women and children lost to domestic and family violence.
- Federal funding for Baw Baw Shire to increase protection from extreme weather events like bushfires and floods
Governments have invested in local projects under the Risk and Resilience Grants Program to further protect our communities.
- Thirty-five East Gippsland communities get strengthened disaster telecommunications
Thirty-five East Gippsland communities will soon receive telecommunications systems to help ensure resilient communications are available during emergency events.
- Gippsland tourism peak body aligns with Tourism Australia and encouraging vaccinations
National response for COVID-19, protecting yourself and the community.
- Cat owners required to keep cats on their property 24-hour a day from 1 July 2023 as part of Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25
Bass Coast Shire Council's Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25 that focuses on responsible pet ownership, creating a suitable environment for your cat within owner property.
- East Gippsland small businesses can apply for support from $1M LaunchME program
Small businesses in East Gippsland will have access to services to help grow and sustain their businesses through the LaunchME program.
- East Gippsland welcomes new citizens in Bairnsdale for April 2022
East Gippsland's newest citizens have been officially welcomed at citizenship ceremony in Bairnsdale on Tuesday 26 April.
- Feedback wanted on draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan by South Gippsland Council
South Gippsland Shire Council is keen to hear your feedback on the draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan.
- Feedback wanted on draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan by South Gippsland Council
South Gippsland Shire Council is keen to hear your feedback on the draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for Australia Day 2022
East Gippsland has welcomed 14 new Aussies at a citizenship ceremony held on Australia Day - Wednesday, January 26.
- Community led projects funded $590,000 across nearly twenty townships in Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 budget
17 community-requested projects across seven townships will be funded in council's new annual budget as a direct result of community submissions made during the budget consultation process.
- Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Latrobe City started the year in style with a baker's dozen of big events bringing in significant visitation and tourism dollars throughout the municipality.
- Wonthaggi to Inverloch trail funded $3M from Victorian government's Growing Suburbs Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council is thrilled to announce that the State Government's Growing Suburbs Fund will contribute $3 million to the development of a 14 kilometre path between Inverloch and Wonthaggi.
- Inverloch shared pathway along Surf Parade is underway to complement the existing infrastructure
Bass Coast Shire Council's construction of the next stage of the Inverloch Shared Pathway along Surf Parade is progressing well and is on track to be completed by the end of May.
- Gippsland small to medium exporters can apply for federal Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) to co-fund international marketing and promotional expenses
Russell Broadbent MP has urged exporters in Monash to take advantage of the Coalition Government's improved export grants program.
- Biggs Drive crossing upgrade will improve accessibility to Wonthaggi CBD and include pram access
Bass Coast Shire Council is fully funding this $40,000 project, which will get underway from Monday, 7 March and take two weeks to complete.
- Gippsland arts, cultural and heritage organisations can apply for grants from federal CHART program to support rebuilding and preservation
Government continues to deliver record support to the creative and cultural sector, with 47 new projects.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for September 2021
East Gippsland has welcomed 12 new Aussies at a citizenship ceremony held this morning, coinciding with Australian Citizenship Day - Friday, September 17.
- Sealing of Shetland Heights Road in San Remo between Penniwells Drive and Potters Hill Road
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to improve its local road network, with the sealing of Shetland Heights Road in San Remo, between Penniwells Drive and Potters Hill Road.
- Gippsland live performance presenters and suppliers can apply for state support from event cancellations between May and September
The Victorian Government is providing more support for live performance events that have been cancelled due to the recent coronavirus restrictions.
- Gippsland state-owned schools, health and service organisations directed to move regional banks accounts to CBA, NAB and Westpac
State-owned schools, health services and organisations have been directed to close accounts with smaller regional banks and transfer funds to Commonwealth, Westpac or NAB banks.
- Gippsland Water invites primary school students to create their water story for the 2022 National Water Week poster competition
To celebrate National Water Week, Victorian water corporations are inviting primary school students to explore their own water stories and imagination and create a poster that reflects what it means to them.
- TAFE Gippsland Warragul campus upgrade complete and now world-class training facility
The Andrews Labor government has completed its multimillion-dollar upgrade of TAFE Gippsland's Warragul campus, giving local jobseekers the chance to train in world-class facilities before entering a rewarding career.
- Gippsland government schools can apply for state funded solar panels through Greener Government School Buildings program
Applications for the school solar panel system are now open.
- Gippsland not-for-profit kindergardens can apply for grants from $7.5M from state government fund to improve ventilation
Victorian Government is helping kindergarten services across Eastern Victoria reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission, with support for better ventilation measures to help keep children and staff COVIDSafe.
- Gippsland small and medium businesses can partake in $400 million of support from 'Victorian Business Support Package'
A new jointly funded package from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments will give Victorian small and medium businesses the extra support and confidence they need to recover from the recent lockdown.
- Gippsland hospitality businesses will stay shut on Friday from unworkable rules imposed by Andrews Labor government
Ease of restriction given to Victoria is not enough to keep businesses to stay open and recover.
- Gippsland motorists robbed of life-saving road upgrades as state and federal government dithers
Government failing to fast track the road safety upgrades putting regional communities in critical functioning.
- Baw Baw local arts, culture and events industry gets solid support by council 2022/23 budget
Council's Annual Budget delivers support for the local arts, culture and events industry to draw more visitors to the region and create vibrant and connected communities for the Shire.
- Gippsland and Latrobe Valley to benefit from federal Clean Hydrogen Industrial Hubs fund
The Federal Government's $1.2 billion hydrogen investment is set to boost economic activity and jobs in regional Australia.
- Population growth rate of Baw Baw Shire is 3.7 percent is and thirds highest according to Australian Bureau of Statistics
According to ABS, during the 2020-21 financial year period Warragul and Drouin experienced an annual growth rate of 3.7 per cent with the town's combined population rising from 40,631 to 42,115.
- Construction of Surf Parade Path extension in Inverloch begins
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to announce that construction of the next stage of the Surf Parade Shared Path in Inverloch will start in early February.
- Gippsland Country Music Festival returns to Mossvale Park in South Gippsland
Family-friendly, all-ages festival that showcases Australia's best country music including well-known legendary artists as well as the most exciting up-and-coming live acts.
- Feedback wanted from Gippslanders on Connecting Victoria survey from state government
One Gippsland has welcomed the Victorian Government's ground-breaking Connecting Victoria Engagement Report that outlines the digital connectivity issues in regional Victoria.
- Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve at Phillip Island will have public roads discontinued and closed
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to begin the statutory process to discontinue public roads within Phillip Island's Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve.
- Free Baw Baw Esports Cup by Australian Esports League at West Gippsland Arts Centre from 9 - 10 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council has teamed up with leading esports provider, the Australian Esports League (AEL) to bring the second edition of the Baw Baw Esports Cup to the region.
- Free event for International Women's Day at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre on 8 March 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council is hosting a free event for International Women's Day on Tuesday, 8 March at the Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre.
- Budget and financial plan for 2021/22 adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council
Budget and financial planning 2021-22.
- Book readers in Wellington Shire invited to share reading experiences online via Zoom event
Online sharing of reading experiences to share with other participants.
- Benetas appointed as aged care provider for both Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City starting 1 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's Home Support Program and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People are set to transition to new appointed providers in July 2022.
- Victorian election promise for $600M West Gippsland Healthcare Group upgrade from Liberals and Nationals
Baw Baw Shire Council has welcomed an election promise from the Liberals and Nationals for a $600 million new or upgraded West Gippsland Hospital should they win government.
- Rehabilitation of Cape Woolamai foreshore resulting from damage caused unauthorised activities under way
Bass Coast Shire Council is undertaking works to rehabilitate a deliberately damaged section of the Cape Woolamai foreshore.
- Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre on Church Street to be relocated to Blue Gum Reserve on Warley Avenue
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to amend the Blue Gum Reserve Master Plan, to incorporate a new community garden.
- Anthony Basford re-appointed as Chief Executive Officer for East Gippsland Shire Council
Council reappoints Anthony Basford as East Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer.
- Join South Gippsland Australia Day Short Film and Photography competition for 2022
Short film and photography competition hosted by the council that will be shown in Leongatha cinema.
- Community feedback on 2022-23 budget submissions for Latrobe City Council closes soon
Community members are encouraged to have their say on Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Draft Budget before submissions close on Tuesday 3 May.
- Cowes boat ramp facility eastern car park to be upgraded
Bass Coast Shire Council is finalising plans for an upgrade of the eastern car park at the Cowes boat ramp facility.
- One Gippsland submits freight fast-track, tourism recovery, digital connectivity and job creation as funding priorities 2022/23 to governments
A number of local projects have been identified that will work to increase the liveability and prosperity of our regional cities and local towns.
- Works underway at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve Soccer Pavilion with $700,000 project under Sport and Recreation Victoria
Bass Coast Shire Council has started work to extend the Soccer Pavilion at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve.
- Construction on new croquet pavilion within Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes has started
Bass Coast Shire Council has begun construction on a new croquet pavilion within Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes.
- Jam Jerrup drainage upgrades along Foreshore Road
Bass Coast Shire Council will carry out drainage renewal works along Foreshore Road in Jam Jerrup in August.
- Federal seat of Gippsland with Darren Chester MP declared first by Australian Electoral Commission with highest number of votes
The seat of Gippsland was the first in Victoria to be 'officially declared' by the Australian Electoral Commission, with local MP Darren Chester recording the highest number of primary votes in Australia.
- Call for Gippslanders to help by donating blood or plasma made by Darren Chester
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is encouraging Gippslanders to roll up their sleeves and donate blood or plasma.
- East Gippsland Men's sheds encouraged to apply for grants up to $80,000 to improve facilities via 2022-23 Men's Shed Funding Program
Men's Sheds grants that support the establishment, expand or refurbish existing sheds across the state are now open.
- East Gippsland motorists encouraged to submit first-hand reports via an online portal for Vote for Victoria's Worst Road campaign
Three-month campaign to Vote for Victoria's Worst Road asks motorists to submit first-hand condition reports via an online portal to list the most dangerous hazards risking lives on our roads every single day.
- Best Gippsland caravan parks for amazing beach, river and bushland holidays in 2022
From soaring high country vistas to beaches that stretch on forever, lush rainforest and a labyrinth of limestone caves, Gippsland was made for caravanning.
- East Gippsland Bushfire Recovery Committee releases its second recovery progress report
Community and agencies, working together towards the recovery of the community and the economy.
- Celebrate Parks Week in Wellington Shire with stacks of events for children and families
Wellington Shire's popular parks and open spaces will host a jam-packed calendar of events to celebrate Parks Week from 5 to 13 March.
- Click and collect available at Wellington shire libraries so bookworms can continue reading during lockdowns
Libraries across Wellington Shire may be closed due to current restrictions, but bookworms can continue reading via the Click and Collect service.
- Great outcomes for Latrobe City and Gippsland from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and Building Better Regions Fund
Latrobe City Council has welcomed continued funding for key programs to support roads and local infrastructure as part of the 2022/23 Federal Budget.
- Feedback wanted on Environment Sustainability Strategy form East Gippsland Council
East Gippsland Shire Council has released its draft Environment Sustainability Strategy 2022-2032 for community comment.
- Future Recycling to manage four of Baw Baw Shire's transfer stations from 1 July 2022
From 1 July 2022, Baw Baw Shire Council's four Transfer Stations will be managed by Future Recycling.
- Part of Gippsland Performing Arts Centre $42M redevelopment opens up opportunities for regional creative community workers
The Andrews Labor government is supporting local creative workers and community activities in Traralgon, with the unveiling of new spaces, facilities, and training programs at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre.
- Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes won by East Gippsland Shire Council
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have jointly won a Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes.
- Sun sets on Gippsland life saving patrols in 2022 as busiest lifesaving season in Victoria ends
The red and yellow flags will be taken down on Gippsland clubs and state-wide beaches for the last time this season, ending Victoria's busiest lifesaving season to date.
- Call for Gippsland schools, community organisations and sporting clubs to apply for grants to increase shade from sun via state government sunshade program
Government program to better protect the community while having their time outdoors.
- East Gippsland hockey players score synthetic pitch for WORLD Sporting Precinct in Bairnsdale
Significant improvement done to the facilities of Women's Organisation for Recreation, Leisure and Development (WORLD) sporting precinct.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Economic Development Strategy 2022 from East Gippsland Council
East Gippsland Shire Council would like feedback on its economic strategy, which takes into consideration businesses working to bounce back from the economic hits of the past few years and establish the 'new normal' in the COVID-19 era.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for November 2021
St Mary's Parish Centre in Bairnsdale was beaming with smiles today as 11 East Gippslanders officially became Australian citizens.
- Drop-in sessions for 2022/23 community grants in South Gippsland Shire set to open from 1 July 2022
With Community Grants for 2022/23 opening on July 1, our Community Strengthening team is hitting the road to provide advice to the community.
- Community grants, drop-in sessions feedback and more from South Gippsland Shire Council
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Yarram Pool in Wellington Shire re-opens after month-long closure for major works
The Yarram Pool has re-opened to users following a month-long closure for major works to install the new roof structure as part of the Warmer Pool for Yarram project.
- New cancer treatment centre for West Gippsland Hospital coming as health group gets $4.5M funding from federal coalition government for build
A new cancer treatment centre to be built at West Gippsland Health Group will change lives and improve regional health outcomes thanks to funding from the Federal Coalition Government.
- Low-income Gippsland households can apply for $1,000 rebate to replace old heaters from state government 'Home Heating and Cooling Upgrade' program
Heating upgrade grant to support low-income households.
- Men's sheds in Gippsland share $17,500 funding from National Shed Development federal program
Men's sheds in Gippsland have received a much-needed boost with funding from the Federal Government's National Shed Development Programme (NSDP).
- Latrobe City in Gippsland ready to host 2026 Commonwealth Games events and get economic and tourism boost
Premier's announcing Latrobe City as host city to the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Landholders in East Gippsland to develop wildlife refuges with $1 million grant to 'Trust for Nature' as part of bushfire recovery
The Federal Government is backing local landholders and communities in East Gippsland to lead the way in bushfire recovery through a $1 million grant to support the regeneration of impacted plants and animals.
- Northe calls for Gippsland hospice care facility in Latrobe Valley and proposed Hazelwood House in Churchill
Message from Mr Russell Northe MP to Gippsland Hospice Family to advocate for the consideration of a dedicated hospice for the region.
- Tribute to Gippsland schools and staff for their long service and dedication via Recognition of Service to Victorian Education
Celebrating eastern Victoria's longest-serving public education staff.
- Fare freeze in Gippsland thaws increasing cost for passengers taking train or bus
Gippsland line passengers will pay more to take the train or bus from today, with public transport fees set to rise.
- AusNet Services developing infrastructure to support Gippsland Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council
AusNet Services today presented its plans for developing infrastructure to support Gippsland's Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council.
- Grants for Gippsland art organisations available from federal Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART)
The Australian Museums and Galleries Association (AMaGA) is thrilled to announce the successful applicants from Batch 1 of the Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program.
- Hogget Kitchen and Walhalla Goldfields Railway to host winter feast on Sunday 3 July 2022 in partnership with Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with Hogget Kitchen and Walhalla Goldfields Railway to host a winter feast for the senses in Walhalla on Sunday 3 July.
- Applications open for Gippsland Recycling centres grants up to $500,000 from Victorian government $40.9M Regional Recycling Fund
Recycling centres across regional Victoria including in Gippsland can apply for grants of up to $500,000 for infrastructure upgrades as part of Round One of the $40.9 million Regional Recycling Fund.
- Dean Sutton joins Gippsland Community Leadership Program via Gippsland Diversity Scholarship funded by AGL Loy Yang
Being his true self and developing his leadership skills was a battle growing up in a small country town and identifying as a gay man.
- Feedback wanted from Gippsland dairy farmers on Dairy Code of Conduct
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippsland dairy farmers to have their say on the Dairy Code of Conduct.
- Regions in Victoria like Gippsland need a guaranteed positive way forward crippling 18 months of uncertainty and lockdown
The time has come to guarantee a positive way forward for regional Victorian communities that have been crippled by 18 months of uncertainty and lockdown.
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- Darren Chester encourages eligible Gippslanders to get vaccinated
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is urging eligible Gippslanders to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Further funding to assist Gippsland businesses and community recovery from drought, bushfires and the coronavirus through federal Rebuilding Regional Communities Program
Local businesses and community groups can apply for funding to assist Gippsland as it recovers from the impacts of the coronavirus.
- Nature Based Tourism forum for ecotourism revolution hosted by East Gippsland Council on 17 March 2022
Tourism is changing as travellers become increasingly aware of the impact they have on the places they visit.
- Art arrives at Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale for Archibald Prize exhibition opening
Archibald Prize at Gippsland Art Gallery starts on Friday 8 October to 21 November 2021.
- Disability access issues on V/Line train network ignored by Andrews Labor government after confirming services would be delivered
More stories have emerged this week of Victorians with a disability being prevented from travelling on V/Line trains, even after confirming services would be accessible.
- West and South Gippsland residents and business share in $300M in COVID-related payments
COVID-19 Payments details that have been distributed across west and south Gippsland.
- Sell-out crowd at West Gippsland Art Centre celebrates International Women's Day in Baw Baw Shire
A sell-out crowd descended on the West Gippsland Art Centre on Tuesday 8 March to celebrate International Women's Day 2022.
- Explore your backyard online this National Water Week with East Gippsland Water
Join us in an online learning festival to celebrate the national water week.
- Feedback wanted by on draft Public Health and Wellbeing Plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community feedback, thoughts and suggestions on its draft Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan.
- Committee for Gippsland Strategic Plan 2021/24 to support jobs and investment for regions
Following a thorough review in 2020, this new strategy aims to build a stronger and more relevant Committee for Gippsland, ensuring the long-term sustainability of our organisation
- Life saving Victoria awards members from Gippsland at Cape Paterson Surf Life Saving Club
Life Saving Victoria (LSV) has recognised members from Bass, Gippsland and Peninsula for their outstanding achievements in operations, club services, development, training and sports during season 2021-22 at its Valuing Volunteers events.
- Princes Highway through East Gippsland gets $3.6M upgrade to improve road safety and resilience
A $3.6 million upgrade to one of the worst sections of the Princes Highway will improve safety and resilience of the key transport link, according to Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Yarram airport in East Gippsland gets $300,000 federal funding to improve safety
Yarram Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $300,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Monaro Highway in East Gippsland is rapidly deteriorating and requires urgent attention from Victoria's road management
The Monaro Highway, a critical freight route in and out of East Gippsland, is the latest in the local roads network requiring urgent attention with local Nationals MP.
- Nominate a local Baw Baw Shire legend for a 2022 Australia Day Award
Nominations for the 2022 Australia Day Awards are now open and close at 5pm on Monday 22 November 2021.
- Support for Gippsland manufacturers to create jobs via Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI)
Funding and support to boost manufacturing sector and guidelines for support application.
- Victorian and Gippsland farmers bumper harvest at risk as hard lockdowns make worsen labour shortages
Victorian farmers' hopes of a record-breaking harvest are at risk while COVID restrictions continue to wreak havoc with availability of farm labourers.
- Women in Business event to be held at West Gippsland Arts Centre on 17 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council will host a Women in Business event featuring Olivia White and a panel of outstanding local businesswomen for an evening full of inspiration and valuable advice to help local women meet their business goals.
- Tim Bull warns of East Gippslanders seniors being scammed online out of considerable amounts of money
Tim Bull encouraged East Gippslanders being scammed out of considerable amounts of money residents to beware of scammers, not rushing through money transfers.
- Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has endorsed a strategy to deliver sustainable economic growth and a bright, thriving future for our region and its businesses.
- Andrew Giles MP promises $10M to Stage two of Gippsland Logistics Precinct project ahead of federal election
Latrobe City Council has welcomed a $10 million election promise to progress the Gippsland Logistics Precinct from the Labor Party ahead of the Federal election.
- Fit outs continue on Gippsland Performing Arts Centre with completion expected by end of 2021
Works to complete the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre exterior and the interior fit out are continuing.
- Regional kids including Gippsland still locked out of the classroom, but the Andrew's Labor state government won't tell us why
Andrews Labor Government's decision to force students in regional communities into remote learning.
- Men's Sheds for West and East Gippsland get funding to continue improving the local men's health
Funding granted for more men's sheds across the region to help them build their connectivity and share their skills.
- Building of Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park has started
Construction on two of Bass Coast Shire Council's major projects has now officially started, the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Fit out underway for Gippsland Performing Arts Centre as part of $18.5 million upgrade
Improving Gippsland Performing Arts Centre that is designed for better experience that can also serve as asset to the region.
- Regions like Gippsland out of lockdown but it's the lockdown they didn't need to have
Truth about the COVID-19 information hidden to the Victorians.
- Russell Northe encourages community support for Gippsland hospice at Churchill in Latrobe Valley
Online petition for state government to consider and explore opportunities to build a hospice in the local community.
- Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are key priorities for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are among Baw Baw Shire Council's key advocacy priorities for the year ahead.
- Insensitive and brutal $13,631 fine for East Gippsland business alleged COVID breaches by Department of Justice and Community Safety
Infringements issued by the Department of Justice and Community Safety for alleged COVID breaches have raised the ire of small business owners who have endured the burden of changing compliance complexities for two years.
- Three awesome Gippsland seafood restaurants to try in 2022
Seafood restaurants you should visit in Gippsland.
- Community feedback open on draft Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022/2030 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is seeking community feedback on the draft Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022 - 2030 to protect and sustain the region's natural environment.
- Darren Chester campaigns to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is campaigning to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan.
- Victorian including Gippsland farmers' livelihood at risk while worker deal is stranded on Premier's desk
The Labor government is putting the agricultural sector into crisis, dismissing famers' calls for help.
- Youth-specific rehabilitation facility on Northern Avenue in Traralgon officially opened as part of Victorian Ice Action Plan
Latrobe Valley and Gippsland youth to get the alcohol and drugs rehabilitation support they need through Victorian Health Building Authority (VHBA).
- Celebrate East Gippsland Winter Festival from 17 June to 10 July 2022
Embrace the chill of the season in an abundant celebration of art, wine, local produce and live music across East Gippsland from 17 June to 10 July 2022.
- Housing crisis grips Gippsland as rental availability drops to nearly 50%
A review by One Gippsland has revealed a critical accommodation shortage across the region. The decrease in availavility has lead to massive increae in households seeking social housing assistance.
- Bairnsdale airport in East Gippsland gets $220,000 federal funding for upgrade
Bairnsdale Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $220,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- Shooting clubs across Gippsland to benefit from Victorian government's 'Shooting Sports Facilities Program'
Shooting clubs across Eastern Victoria are celebrating after securing funding to upgrade their facilities.
- Further support for Gippsland job seekers with the extension of employment facilitator services
Funding to support and employ local job-seekers and facilitators.
- More cutting-edge equipment for Gippsland Tech School to deliver more innovative STEM learning programs
The Gippsland Tech School will soon be more high-tech to support Victorian Tech Schools to buy new equipment and deliver more innovative STEM learning programs.
- Grants available for Gippsland organisations to build community bushfire and floods resilience
Guidelines for the Federal Government's Preparing Australian Communities Program - Local have been released ahead of applications opening.
- Lost Dogs' Disco to light up Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from 24 June to 3 July 2022
Gippsland Performing Arts Centre will be home to the Lost Dogs' Disco, a large-scale illuminated inflatable sculpture from 24 June - 3 July.
- Federal support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme
The Coalition Government is bolstering support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme.
- Youth Life4Life having crew induction for Year 9 students in South Gippsland
On Wednesday 22 June, approximately 50 students from seven local schools attended the Youth Live4Life Crew Induction.
- Sixteen local clubs, groups and organisations get Community Infrastructure Grant Program funding from East Gippsland Shire Council
Almost $500,000 will be handed out to 16 local clubs, groups and organisations, as part of East Gippsland Shire Council's latest round of community grants.
- Community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct wanted from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council seeking community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct, the opportunity is now open for four weeks, closing on Thursday 26 May 2022.
- Staying Alive driver expo at Leongatha Recreation Reserve to educate South Gippsland Shire students on road safety
On Thursday 16 June, students from several South Gippsland secondary schools attended the 'Staying Alive' Driver Expo at the Leongatha Recreation Reserve.
- Dog friendly holiday accommodation in Gippsland when planning your next family break
Dog lovers, think beyond accommodation where you're permitted to bring your dog, to next-level pooch-dedicated resorts.
- Free green waste disposal for Baw Baw Shire residents
Baw Baw Shire Council is offering residents free green waste disposal at selected transfer stations to help prepare their properties for the upcoming fire season.
- Brumby carcasses found by locals in East Gippsland bush requires explanation from Andrews Labor government about culling program
Following reports of brumby carcasses being found in the East Gippsland bush, local Nationals MP, Tim Bull, has asked the Environment Minister to come clean on the details of the program.
- Residents invited to give feedback on South Gippsland's Community Vision project
South Gippsland residents are invited to get involved in shaping up the community vision project of the council.
- Russell Broadbent's Gippsland school leavers' guide for those graduating in 2021
Assistance for graduates to have innovative solutions for their future.
- Give your view on vaccines passports to Russell Broadbent for South and West Gippsland
Invitation to share your thought and concerns about the vaccination passports
- Kennedy family generously donate century old wooden sculpture to Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has gratefully accepted a carved wooden dingo sculpture generously donated by the Kennedy family, farmers and residents of the Shire for more than 100 years.
- Warragul and Drouin precinct structure plans review adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted a review into key high-level masterplans for managing growth and development in Warragul and Drouin.
- Watch for wildlife throughout Gippsland in warmer weather such as Magpies and snakes
Knowing more about the wildlife and how we can help protect them.
- Remembrance Day commemoration for Baw Baw Shire will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph
Remembrance Day commemoration will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph on the corner of Smith and Victoria Streets
- Restoring shellfish reef ecosystems in Gippsland Lakes will help protect environment and boost local jobs and tourism
A new native shellfish reef will bring new life to the Gippsland Lakes as well as providing a boost of up to 25 local jobs and enhancing tourism and recreation.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Social and Affordable Housing Strategy from South Gippsland Council
Council seeks community feedback on draft Social and Affordable Housing Strategy to ensure South Gippslanders can afford a home.
- Regions in Victorians like Gippsland should be released from the seven-day lockdown says Peter Walsh
Misinformation about the COVID test resulted in the statewide lockdown.
- Traralgon and Morwell stations get major upgrades as part of $504M Gippsland railway line funding from Victorian and federal governments
Final designs have been released showcasing the major train station upgrades at Traralgon and Morwell Stations.
- Upgrades and specialist equipment for Gippsland early childhood education centres via Victorian government Building Blocks Inclusion fund
Upgrades to early childhood education centres and specialist equipment to help improve learning outcomes.
- Darren Chester challenges Gippslanders to buy local produce and shop at local stores
While we can't physically attend any of our hospitality or retail venues right now you can still support local jobs by purchasing a takeaway meal or buying clothing or gifts via click and collect.
- Funding for surf lifesavers throughout Gippsland discussed by Darren Chester and Life Saving Victoria CEO Catherine Greaves
Discussion with the lifesaving clubs and members for ongoing funding for local surf lifesavers.
- Community invited to Candlelight Vigil at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre to remember the women and children lost to family violence across
The Candlelight Vigil is an opportunity to come together as a community, reflect and take a stand against family violence.
- Michael Leaney elected as Mayor and Annemarie McCabe as Deputy Mayor for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Cr Michael Leaney, elected as Mayor and Cr Annemarie McCabe, elected as Deputy Mayor.
- Timber shortage from East Gippsland lockdown risks Christmas shortages in medicine and goods
Chocolate, beer and medicine face massive supply disruptions over Christmas if the nation's largest timber pallet manufacturer is denied access to timber.
- Timber shortage from East Gippsland lockdown risks Christmas shortages in medicine and goods
Support will focus on restoring Victoria's reputation as a manufacturing powerhouse prioritising support for industries.
- Avoid Lake Guyatt in Sale as blue-green algae in season urged by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council is urging the public to avoid coming into contact with the water in Lake Guyatt in Sale, due to a blue-green algae bloom.
- Come meet AFL legend Eddie Betts at Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium Catterick Crescent in Traralgon on 28 June 2022
Latrobe City Libraries are excited to announce that AFL legend and anti-racism campaigner, Eddie Betts, is coming to Latrobe City to read from his children's books, sign autographs, answer questions and kick a footy around.
- Latrobe Visitor Information Centre to be relocated to Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from 25 February 2022
The Latrobe Visitor Information Centre will open seven days a week at the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from Friday 25 February.
- Child care services in Wellington Shire gets boost of $230,000
Three child care providers in Wellington have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Primary schools across East Gippsland encouraged to apply for Lone Pine seedling from Gallipoli
Successful applicants of Lone Pine seedling to receive the seedlings in time to celebrate the Centenary of the Republic of Turkey.
- Amphibious harvester arrives in Wellington Shire to help clean up weed problem in lakes
A weed-eater that would help clean up the weed-causing problems at the lakes.
- Community and business input on draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025 sought by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is currently seeking community and business input on the draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025.
- Victorians will have no confidence for disability sector as confused minister offers no clarity on incorrect budget allocation
Victorians with a disability got little explanation today for a $15 million "error" in the state budget papers that saw funding "incorrectly allocated" to the wrong portfolio area.
- 2021/22 Community Sponsorship Program applications open from Baw Baw Shire Council
Round 2 of Baw Baw Shire Council's 2021/22 Community Sponsorship program is now open for applications.
- Expelling students with disability to burden families is not the answer to under-resourced Victorian schools
Data released today confirms soaring rates of expulsion of students with a disability during the pandemic, indicating under-resourced schools are not coping.
- Mark Reeves elected Mayor and Arthur Allen Deputy Mayor for East Gippsland Shire in 2021
Cr Mark Reeves of Marlo has been elected Mayor of East Gippsland Shire Council at a Statutory Meeting held on Thursday, October 28.
- Nationals alternative roadmap for Victoria and Gippsland to reopen, rebuild and recover out of COVID restrictions delivers certainty and positivity
Victorians are looking for an iron-clad guarantee on the road to reopen, rebuild and recover.
- Em Rusciano performs at West Gippsland Arts Centre for International Women's Day in March 2022
International Women's Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women while calling for gender equity and an end to gender-based discrimination and violence.
- NYE on the Hill 2021 three day festival near Loch Village in South Gippsland gets $178,200 from federal Restart Investment to Sustain and Expand Fund
Receiving support from the government to give more opportunities to the arts sector, as well as job opportunities for the community.
- Easing of COVID-19 restrictions from midnight 22 April 2022 welcomed by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council has welcomed the State Government announcement that Covid-19 pandemic restrictions will be eased as of midnight tonight.
- Increases in Age Pension, Disability Support Pension, Carer Payment and Jobseeker Payment payments to help keep up with the cost of living
40,299 people in Monash will benefit from a boost to their social security payments from 20 March to help them keep up with the changes in the cost of living.
- Leadership training providers in West and South Gippsland needed to apply for federal Building Resilient Regional Leaders Initiative pilot program
Applications for funding to support current and emerging regional leaders to develop leadership and resilience skills are now open,eligible training providers are encouraged to send their applications for the grant.
- Farming for Success 2022 Agriculture Gippsland wide conference in Sale 8 March 2022
Wellington Shire to host the agriculture conference "Farming for Success 2002 on 8 March.
- South East Melbourne Phoenix migrates to Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium in Traralgon for 2022 NBL season
South East Melbourne Phoenix takes a match against the Adelaide 36ers at the new-look stadium, million dollar upgraded Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS).
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- Paint Baw Baw REaD Early Years Expo at West Gippsland Arts Centre with author Valerie Jarred on 21 May
The Baw Baw Egg and the short story have been travelling throughout the Shire, visiting local primary schools, kindergartens and libraries to share the story with Baw Baw youngsters.
- Free public transport to revive Melbourne CBD from December to January 2022 says Property Council of Australia
Property Council of Australia joined the call for free public transport to drive the city's revitalisation.
- Darren Chester has officially launched Gippsland's biggest survey to understand regional needs
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has officially launched Gippsland's Biggest Survey.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve funded $300,000 for new lights from Victorian government and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured up to $150,000 in State funding to support the installation of sports light towers and light fittings for the AFL Oval at the Hallora Recreation Reserve.
- Students in regional Victoria such as Gippsland should not have to endure more weeks locked out of the classroom
Students in regional Victoria should not have to endure more weeks locked out of the classroom.
- Have your say online to end violence against women at the National summit on women's safety
Russell Broadbent is encouraging you to have your say on the next National Plan to end violence against women and their children.
- Bairnsdale Airport gets $340,000 grant for water main upgrade from federal Regional Airports Program and East Gippsland Shire Council
Work is underway at Bairnsdale Airport to replace the site's ageing water mains.
- Morwell Centenary Rose Garden greatly improved by Friends of Garden with funding from Latrobe City Council and Advance Morwell
Morwell Centenary Rose Garden receiving and appreciating funding support from the council to complete the installation of permanent bricks edging around garden beds.
- 'Detox Your Home' available at Koonwarra and Wonthaggi Transfer Stations on Sunday 31 October
Highly toxic items, such as chemicals, should never be put in your rubbish bins or poured down the drain. You can drop off household chemicals at our free Detox Your Home events, held around Victoria.
- Exemption to current travel restrictions in South Gippsland available to those needing to carry out summer fire preparation activities
Travel permit applications that take between 2 - 5 business days to process, if sufficient time is not allowed for processing, this will result in your application being rejected.
- Public toilet works in Palmerston Street, Warragul are underway with $135,000 funding from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has begun refurbishment works on the public toilets located on Palmerston Street, Warragul.
- Replacement of more than a thousand existing street lights with new energy efficient LED for Wellington Shire starts 1 May 2022
Wellington Shire Council will undertake a bulk replacement of more than 1400 streetlights from 1 May, as part of a Gippsland-wide project to improve energy use and safety.
- Federal bushfire fund 'rip off' on East Gippsland must be prevented says Darren Chester
East Gippsland community groups will be 'ripped off' if the Federal Government doesn't boost the region's allocation under the $280 million 'Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program', according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- Free outdoor play sessions in Wellington Shire for children's week
Families across Wellington Shire will have plenty to celebrate during Children's Week, with free outdoor play sessions held in several locations.
- More than $110,000 funding goes to community groups via Community Assistance Grants program from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council this week approved more than $110,000 in funding to local community groups for events, projects and facilities, through its Community Assistance Grants program.
- Free gift vouchers for some of Gippsland's best places to eat, drink and be merry
Give more meaningful gifts this holiday season, and in doing so give back to the tourism industry which has been doing it tough throughout the pandemic.
- Over $14M invested into several key infrastructure projects for 2022/23 by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council's $41.78 million infrastructure budget for the year ahead, $14.32 million will be invested in progressing major strategic projects to build a more sustainable, connected and thriving future for Baw Baw Shire.
- Calling on local volunteers to register or nominate for East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll
Council is calling on volunteers to register or nominate for the East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll.
- Kindergarten registration for 2023 in South Gippsland Shire now open
Three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten registration for 2023 opens Sunday 1 May.
- Summer swim season outdoor pool passes for Sale and Yarram extended to Easter Monday 18 April 2022 by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council has extended all summer swim season outdoor pool passes for use at Aqua Energy's indoor pools in Sale until Easter Monday, 18 April.
- Leongatha and Korumburra railway precinct developments get total of $6M funding from Regional Infrastructure and Building Better Regions
South Gippsland Shire Council received confirmation that the State Government will support the development of the Leongatha and Korumburra railway precincts.
- Rapid COVID-19 testing key for getting regional and Gippsland VLine trains back on track
Lengthy shutdown to Victoria's regional train network is driving a push for rapid testing to be rolled out for staff across the public transport network.
- Omeo Recreation Reserve become temporary camp site as Omeo Caravan Park gets cleaned up after floods
East Gippsland Shire Council backed the establishment of an interim camping site at the Omeo Recreation Reserve.
- Archibald Prize 2021 has opened at the Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale for next 45 days
Archibald Prize opens at Gippsland Art Gallery and portraits featured.
- Federal funding of $3 million goes to DefendTex in Gippsland for Australia's first 3D printed space launching rocket boosters
Funding to conduct Australia's first 3D printed rocket booster for space in Gippsland.
- Enrolments for Free TAFE in Gippsland up by 29 percent for 2020
More than 13,000 jobseekers enrolled in the Andrews Labor Government's Free TAFE initiative across TAFE Gippsland, Box Hill Institute and Chisholm Institute last year, making rewarding career pathways a reality for thousands of Victorians.
- Fingerboards Mineral Sands Project Environmental Effects Statement (EES) and Inquiry and Advisory Committee (IAC) hearing cost East Gippsland Shire Council $730,688
Total external cost hearing of the fingerboards mineral sands project.
- Andrews Labor government walks away from promised East Gippsland plantation nursery flagging catastrophic building material shortages
The Andrews Labor government has walked away from a promise to establish a plantation nursery in East Gippsland today.
- Development of clean hydrogen and carbon capture and storage in Gippsland get $42.9M funding from federal government
The Coalition government is backing the development of clean hydrogen and carbon capture and storage technologies in Victoria's Gippsland region, providing job and economic growth opportunities for the community.
- Visit family friendly Erica Country Expo in Baw Baw Shire on 15 January 2022
The Erica Country Expo, a full day of family friendly fun, is on its way to Erica Recreation Reserve, Saturday 15 January 2022. Visitors and locals are encouraged to book their tickets now to avoid missing out.
- Swim for free at Thorpdale Pool in Baw Baw Shire this summer
Thorpdale Swimming Pool Committee has worked with Baw Baw Shire Council to provide a donation that will allow the community to swim for free.
- Sandhill Road Reserve protects endangered Gippsland Red Gum Grassy Woodland vegetation
A project to restore land at Stratford once used for cattle grazing to a nature reserve, is now ready for the public to enjoy thanks to a collaboration between Wellington Shire Council and Avon Landcare Group.
- Woolamai Surf Life Saving clubs in South Gippsland celebrate leadership and achievements of women
State-wide initiative, lifesavers from across Victoria, banded together in pink on the weekend to celebrate female leadership in lifesaving.
- Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren get $60,000 each for community projects from Baw Baw Shire Council
Excitement is mounting in Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren after community-led projects received Baw Baw Shire Council endorsement at Wednesday night's meeting.
- Emma Wiggle and Elsa from Frozen appear at local parks in Wellington Shire from 5 to 13 March 2022 as part of Parks Week
Parks Week runs from 5 to 13 March with a jam-packed calendar of free or affordable events for the whole family.
- Click and Collect for Wellington Shire libraries to resume
Library service allowing the members access books and resources during lockdown.
- Infrastructure, roads and footpaths prioritised in Baw Baw Shire draft budget 2021/22
Baw Baw Shire community members can look forward to a range of new projects and upgrades over the coming year.
- Free pair of glasses for 176 students across West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor Victorian government
One thousand more Victorian students can now see more clearly and concentrate better at school, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government's free Glasses for Kids program.
- How Labor's tax hike will slug Gippsland farmers, families and businesses
Victorians pay the highest land taxes in Australia, but still the government is hiking them up even further.
- Farmers asked to share their views as East Gippsland Agriculture Sector Advisory Committee finalised
New appointed committee members and farmers survey completion to better assist the agricultural sector.
- Project Reference Group appointed to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A project Reference Group (PRG) has been formally appointed by council to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Vixens to play two pre-season games at Traralgon's Gippsland Regional Indoor Stadium in February
Gippsland netball fans are in for a treat this month, with the Vixens playing two pre-season games at Traralgon's Gippsland Regional Indoor Stadium in February.
- Federal assistance of $7 million paid to Gippsland local governments for first quarter 2021-22
Local governments in Monash have received their first 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Andrews Labor government axes Agriculture Victoria 145 jobs when Gippsland food and fibre sector will be crucial part of Victoria's recover economy
The Andrews Labor Government has axed 145 jobs from Agriculture Victoria, at a time when the $17.8 billion food and fibre sector will be crucial to recover and rebuild Victoria's economy.
- Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project gets $2.98M support from federal government and Latrobe City Council
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's $2.98 million commitment to the Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project by Zero Degrees Rosella.
- Community feedback wanted on long-term strategic vision for Longwarry in Baw Baw Shire
Baw Baw Shire Council is seeking community feedback on a plan that will guide the future growth of Longwarry.
- Safer speed limit for Forge creek Road in East Gippsland to reduce its unenviable crash and trauma record
A new 80km/h speed limit will be introduced on Forge Creek Road from Monday, August 23, to help tackle its unenviable crash and trauma record.
- Pop-up session at Longwarry Market on 5 June 2022 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of Longwarry and the surrounding areas are invited to come along to council's pop-up session at the Longwarry Market on Sunday 5 June.
- Lakes Entrance recognised wins Top Tourism Town Awards with East Gippsland towns Paynesville and Mallacoota placing high
East Gippsland towns being on top of the tourism awards.
- Expression of Interest by local artist for Brighten up Baw Baw Mural Projects wanted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and collectives to deliver exciting and vibrant public art pieces at three pedestrian friendly locations in Baw Baw.
- Easter Bunny and ventriloquist with his collection of puppets visits Wellington Shire libraries from 12 - 14 April 2022
Visits from the Easter Bunny, a ventriloquist and his collection of hilarious puppets are part of a big line-up of fun to celebrate Easter.
- Ian Bye elected Mayor and Marcus McKenzie Deputy Mayor of Wellington Shire in 2021
Elected as Wellington Shire Council Mayor and Cr Marcus McKenzie of Port Albert was elected Deputy Mayor, both councillors were elected to the positions unopposed.
- Parks Minister Lily D'Ambrosio should apologise to East Gippsland businesses for slow response to repair bushfire damage
New staff to help repair infrastructure damaged during the two-year ago bushfires has finally been announced.
- Restarting arts festivals in West and South Gippsland with Festivals Australia federal program
Program that supports community participation in, and access to, the arts experience at a festival.
- Special Charge Scheme to raise $400,000 for South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate to unlock investment in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council has declared a Special Charge Scheme to help fund an upgrade to the water supply at the South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate and allow the precinct to reach its full potential.
- Archibald prize 2021 to be hosted by Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale in October
Australia's favourite art award, the prestigious Archibald Prize for portraiture is coming to Gippsland.
- Number of planning applications is good news for economic growth in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council is supporting the region's economic growth through well-considered planning decisions.
- Local artists wanted to apply for public mural for community or township with grant of $20,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and creative community members keen to deliver a public art mural project for a community or township within Baw Baw Shire.
- Roadside blackberry weed control for Macalister Irrigation District, Gippsland Lakes and Dargo areas in Wellington Shire
Program that reduces the spread of blackberry on the roadsides of Wellington Shire to protect the agricultural resources.
- Harriet Shing announces Longwarry and Thorpdale Recreation Reserves lighting upgrade funded by Baw Baw Council and State government
Local sporting clubs and community groups welcome the official completion of lighting upgrades at the Longwarry and Thorpdale recreation reserves with a ceremonial 'flick of the switch' celebration held at the Longwarry facility on Friday.
- Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation joins One Gippsland as local voice of Aboriginal people
One Gippsland has welcomed an important new member with the Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation (GLaWAC) joining the Board to help drive a more inclusive agenda across Gippsland.
- CFA-declared fire danger period for Baw Baw Shire starts on 10 Jan 2022
The CFA-declared Fire Danger Period will commence at 1.00am on Monday, 10 January 2022.
- Sharon Jervis, Jane Ponting and other locals thanked for East Gippsland Community Vision 2040 contribution
East Gippsland residents who contributed to the development of the Community Vision 2040 earlier this year were on Tuesday celebrated for their contribution to the community.
- Maffra Lawn Tennis club gets new fences rewed with $130,000 grant in partnership with Wellington Shire Council
Unsafe fences have been replaced as part of a major redevelopment of Maffra Lawn Tennis Club.
- Croxon Ramsay architects appointed to design $30M community facility for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A tender to develop detailed designs for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct has been awarded by Council signalling another key step forward with the landmark project.
- Update on Esso Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (CCUS) projects in Gippsland to help reduce Carbon Dioxide emissions
The Committee for Gippsland's Gippsland Hydrogen Cluster hosted a presentation from Esso Australia in Sale last week, updating members on Esso's Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (CCUS) projects.
- Community feedback for Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds and Glenview Park precincts masterplans from Latrobe City Council
Council has developed masterplans to redevelop the TRR&S and create a new community and events hub at Glenview park.
- Proposal to improve pedestrian safety at St Ita's Primary School to Regional Roads Victoria endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council proposed pedestrian school crossing at St. Ita's primary school.
- List of the best things to see in Gippsland for spring 2021
Spring is an amazing time to visit Gippsland with the fragrant gardens, thunderous waterfalls, and outdoor wanderings, events that are surely a must see.
- Feedback needed from local residents on what is to be done with former Yarragon Primary School site in Yolo Street
Council is seeking community feedback on the Draft Masterplan for the site at 3-5 Rollo Street, Yarragon (formally Yarragon Primary School).
- Labertouche CFA Station gets new water tank with funds from by Bendigo Bank, Longwarry CFA and Baw Baw Shire Council
Purchase and installation of a 100,000-litre static water tank at the Labertouche CFA Station.
- Free adaptable community training in South Gippsland to recover from challenges of 2020
Free workshops for the community to join to help their organisations for more success.
- Five reasons to get to Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort in Gippsland this winter
Resort where kids can learn to ski or snowboard, or for the family to spend the holiday to.
- Darren Chester to proudly contest the seat of Gippsland in federal election on 21 May 2022
The Prime Minister has called a Federal election for May 21 and I will be contesting the seat of Gippsland.
- Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Latrobe City Council is ready to partner with the new Labor Federal Government following the results of the Federal election over the weekend.
- Worker shortage will derail Victorian and Gippsland farms and agriculture businesses
The Andrews Labor Government has failed to step up to the plate to solve a desperate shortage of workers across Victorian farms and agriculture businesses.
- Landmark $30M multi-use community precinct state government funding for the heart of Warragul being pursued by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council to pursue support from the state and federal government for the multi-use community precinct that will help in the economic development and will also benefit the region.
- Rates notices issued in South Gippsland Shire
Contact the rate team for your revenue rates and concerns.
- Community feedback wanted on proposed sale of Hazelwood House in Churchill to Quantum Support Services by Latrobe City Council
Latrobe City Council is inviting community feedback on a proposal to sell Hazelwood House in Churchill.
- Landfill tender for South Gippsland out this weekend
Transfer stations and hard waste collection services to start on 3 July.
- Leanne Hurst appointed as Director of Planning and Development for Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire appoints a new director for planning and development.
- Funding of $500M for road and infrastructure in West and Central Gippsland via Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
More road and community infrastructure projects will be rolled out across Monash, thanks to a further $500 million in funding for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
- Latrobe Valley paper will continue to be sent by rail for export and distribution as key Gippsland freight service gets stimulus for Victorian government
Improvements on train tracks that will help ensure its daily runs.
- Cancellations in Victorian public transport like Vline in Gippsland could be avoided with rapid testing for COVID
Victoria's public transport to be disrupted by underpreparedness of the system.
- Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants East rip off for Gippsland may be avoided says Darren Chester
The Federal Government is backing away from a plan which would have short-changed bushfire impacted communities in East Gippsland, according to local MP Darren Chester.
- Community Assistance Grants of $2,001 to $5,000 now available in Wellington Shire Council
Community groups looking for funding help can apply now for the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants.
- Traralgon Recreation Reserve gets $2.75M for new facilities development as part of Victorian government 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council has welcomed the Victorian government's budget contribution of $2.75 million towards developing new facilities at Traralgon Recreation Reserve (TRR), which is a key component of council's Traralgon Flood Recovery Project.
- Forest Park in Orbost gets $1.82M funding upgrade after the community consultation
Council seeking for community feedback on Forest Park in Orbost project.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Maffra structure plan in Wellington Shire
Council is seeking community feedback for the Maffra structure plan.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) will be more accessible for Gippslanders starting November 2022
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has welcomed the announcement of the deregulation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Licensing as part of the Federal Budget.
- Over $4.77M invested by Liberal and Nationals Government for priority Gippsland projects to met local communities needs
Liberal and Nationals Government investing over $4.77 million in South Gippsland to help communities recover from the pandemic.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery gets LED lighting upgrade of $71,724 investment through Victoria's Regional Collections Access Program
Latrobe City Council welcomes the Victorian government's $71,724 investment in LED lighting upgrades at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms gets $42,000 for Tesla solar power and batteries from Gippsland Climate Change Network
Installation of energy storage battery at Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms that will help save money on electricity cost and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
- Morrison government's $4.5B NBN upgrade will ensure West and South Gippsland will benefit from ultra-fast broadband by 2023
NBN Co has announced a seventh tranche of suburbs and towns across Australia that will become eligible to upgrade to NBN's Fibre to the Premises (FTTP).
- New footpath along Howitt Avenue and Eastwood Road to make a safer route to school and the shops
East Gippsland Shire Council starts work this week on a new footpath that will provide Eastwood locals with a safer route to school and the shops, and offer a great reason to leave the car at home.
- Applications open for community sporting events across the Gippsland from federal Regional Sport Events fund
Sporting events across Monash are set to benefit from the Morrison Government's Regional Sport Events Fund.
- Survey for local businesses to help measure the full impact of South Pacific Laundry sudden withdrawal from Gippsland
Wellington Shire Council wants to hear from any local businesses impacted by the sudden withdrawal of linen services from Gippsland by South Pacific Laundry.
- Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25 adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Adopted domestic animal management plan that will provide and ensure domestic animals safety with responsible ownership.
- Residents encouraged to take part in developing solutions to meet parking demands in Drouin, Yarragon, and Trafalgar by Baw Baw
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a thorough assessment of the parking pressures in Drouin, Yarragon, and Trafalgar, and is encouraging residents to take part in helping develop solutions that aim to meet future parking demands.
- Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre awards local company A1 Solar & Electrical to install 100kW solar power system
East Gippsland Shire Council is tapping into the power of the sun to save on energy costs by installing its largest-ever solar system in one of its buildings.
- No more excuses for bushfire recovery delays in East Gippsland from Andrews Labor government
All levels of government have been challenged to stop making excuses and get on with the job of delivering bushfire recovery projects in East Gippsland.
- Application open for grants to find low cost ways for Gippsland farmers to measure carbon in soil
Grants of between $100,000 and $20 million are now open for innovators in Monash for projects to lower the cost of measuring carbon stored in soil.
- Fish unloading jetty at Lakes Entrance to be replaced with $687,000 funding to Gippsland Ports from Victorian government
Gippsland East Nationals MP, Tim Bull, is delighted $687,000 in State funds have been allocated to Gippsland Ports to replace its jetty at the Lakes Entrance Fishermen's Co-Operative.
- Baxter Park gets first synthetic soccer pitch Baw Baw Shire
Safer game play and improvements at Baxter Park synthetic soccer pitch is now open, but council is still seeking funding opportunities for the remaining project stages.
- Federal Tourism Minister Dan Teham MP joins One Gippsland as board member
One Gippsland has welcomed an influential new member with Destination Gippsland joining the Board to help drive the alliance's tourism agenda.
- Community feedback wanted on old Mallacoota Kindergarten building being demolished by Wellington Shire Council
With the new kindergarten in Mallacoota now operational, the time has come to decommission and demolish the old building it replaced.
- Glengarry Mechanics Institute gets upgraded hall suitable and accessible re-open with $397,474 federal funding secured by Darren Chester
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Glengarry Mechanics Institute today with Latrobe City Council Mayor Kellie O'Callaghan and Glengarry Mechanics Institute CoM President Alan McAuliffe.
- Veteran health and wellbeing funding via 'Supporting Younger Veterans' grant for West and South Gippsland
Grants offered for the support to our young veterans mental health and wellbeing.
- Stage two of $110,000 new footpath along Eastwood Road in north Bairnsdale
East Gippsland Shire Council has begun Stage Two of a new footpath along Eastwood Road, Eastwood, north of Bairnsdale.
- 'Shop local' and support small businesses to keep our Gippsland economy and community thriving
Importance of buying locally made products is that it helps the small businesses thrive.
- Free camping at Omeo Recreation Reserve until 17 April 2020 as Omeo Caravan Park reopens for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council remains committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Kellie O'Callaghan elected as Mayor and Dan Clancey as Deputy Mayor for Latrobe City Council in 2021/22
New Mayor and Deputy Mayor have been elected.
- New website to showcase East Gippsland
A new website that will improve the East Gippsland visitor experience is now live.
- Celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community at Volunteer recognition events hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council
National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community.
- Beekeepers share the buzz about access to Colquhoun Forest, near Nowa Nowa in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Councillors joined the Victorian Apiarists' Association and Gippsland Apiarist Association on a field tour of beekeeping sites.
- Congratulations to Fiona Weigall for making Victorian Top 50 Public Sector Women as a General Manager in East Gippsland Shire Council
The IPAA Victoria Top 50 Public Sector Women was announced at a function in Melbourne on Friday. Fiona said it was humbling to be recognised among the state's leading public sector female leaders.
- Feedback wanted on replacement of Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park in Drouin with new expansive multi-use community facility
Council is seeking community input to identify potential future uses for Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park, Drouin as they determine the feasibility of its retention and the costs associated with its refurbishment.
- Two representatives for Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is seeking two people to represent the community on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee.
- Kosciusko and Bank Street intersection in Traralgon to get vital safety upgrade as part of federal government's $300M commitment for 2022
Latrobe City Council is pleased Regional Roads Victoria will begin vital upgrades at key intersections along the Princes Highway this year.
- Pandemic-driven property price rises putting the squeeze on Gippsland and other regional home buyers
Property and rental price hike in regional Victoria, while availability in other areas are dropping.
- 2021 Australian Netball Championships format revamped as September event at Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium postponed
The Australian Netball Championships will be played in a decentralised format this year, as the coronavirus pandemic continues to present significant challenges for sport.
- Applications open for community grants of up to $10,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Announcement of application dates for the community development grants program.
- Community feedback wanted for redesign three local playgrounds in Longwarry and Warragul
Council is seeking community feedback to redesign local playgrounds.
- Remove lockdowns and get back to normal as 93 percent of Victorians fully-vaccinated and COVID hospitalisations decline calls Peter Walsh
Further density limit rules should be removed for hospitality and entertainment so they can welcome back more Victorians.
- Landcare Australia gets bushfire environmental recovery boost of $3.8 million from federal wildlife and habitat recovery for East Gippsland
Nearly 20 projects in East Gippsland will receive funding to aid the recovery of native wildlife and habitat severely impacted by the 2019/20 black summer bushfires.
- Federal budget 2022-23 and the plan to strengthen West and South Gippsland
Summaries of 2022-23 budget and funding across West and South Gippsland.
- Three new breweries in from Orbost, Warragul and Traralgon helping put Gippsland on the beer lover's map
Three new breweries in Gippsland for you to visit.
- Demolishing of Latrobe City Visitor Information Centre building decision triggers community meeting
Council attended a meeting organised and led by the community to discuss the future of the Latrobe Visitor Information Centre building, the former Methodist Church.
- New 'Erica Country Expo' set to drive local recovery in October
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with engaged community members and residents to deliver The Erica Country Expo, a full day, family friendly and community led event set to take over the Erica Recreational Reserve this October.
- Plan an Alpine summer holiday in Gippsland for 2021/22
Fresh mountain air, explore twisty rivers, shady forests and welcoming alpine villages.
- How Labor is helping regional communities like Gippsland recover from storms
Funding made available to help communities recover from the storm.
- Latrobe City Transition Taskforce to be established to help minimise the effects of the closure of power stations
Latrobe City Council is acting now to minimise the significant effects of the closure of power stations upon the municipality in the future.
- Latrobe City Business Chamber formed to bring together local valley businesses and industry groups
Latrobe City Council is supporting the creation of a single business association to strengthen the voice of the business community.
- List of best Victorian beaches to visit this summer in Gippsland
Tips for your Gippsland beach discovery bucket list for you to visit and have fun with friends and family.
- Snowy River railway trestle bridge will boost tourism for East Gippsland
Council working and supporting the locals in the restoration of the trestle bridge that will give long-term benefits for the community.
- Tambo Waste developed glass processing facility in Bairnsdale to maximise opportunities in recycled glass
Baw Baw Shire Council will improve pedestrian safety on Normanby Street, Warragul, following the presentation of a petition signed by 56 community members.
- Sale Cinema gets $35,000 funding from federal Supporting Cinema's Retention Endurance and Enhancement of Neighbourhoods program
A Gippsland independent cinema has received a financial boost thanks to Federal Government SCREEN Fund.
- Tambo Waste gets $993,000 from federal Recycling Modernisation fund to improve materials recycling facility in Bairnsdale
A Gippsland business will upgrade its facilities to improve recycling capabilities thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Over 200 people attend Saturday Australia Day Celebrations at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve
Australia Day Celebrations hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council the shire-wide awards tapped into the Australia Day theme of "We're all part of the story - reflect, respect, celebrate".
- Federal budget 2022-23 will drive economic growth for towns and communities in West and South Gippsland
Significant funding commitments in the 2022-23 Budget will drive the growth of towns and communities across Monash, creating jobs and driving our economic growth into the future.
- Funding to support that landcare facilitator roles in Gippsland and Eastern Victoria
Funding to support facilitator jobs that would help improve landcare and biodiversity.
- Federal government provides $131.8M for local road maintenance in West and Central Gippsland under the Roads to Recovery funding
Local road maintenance in Monash will receive a boost thanks to funding under the Australian government's Roads to Recovery Program.
- Summer fun at Latrobe City libraries with Return Yourself to the Library and 'Big Summer Read' programs
Encouraging children not to just go back to the library but also to borrow and read books.
- Federal government will fund $182 million of road and rail works in Gippsland during 2022-23
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester (pictured) says the Federal Government will fund $182 million worth of road and rail work in the region during the 2022-23 financial year.
- Visit artists home studios from 13-14 November 2021 during Open Studio West Gippsland
A weekend-long event for you to relax while you discover some of the amazing areas west Gippsland can offer.
- Guidelines to provide efficient tree inspections across Baw Baw Shire
Council has endorsed the Tree Inspection Policy and Guidelines to better manage tree inspections and maintenance works within urban areas of the Shire.
- Drouin Tennis Club celebrates $353,000 refurbishment of Balmoral Park Pavilion from Baw Baw Shire Council
Members of the Drouin Tennis Club have gathered to celebrate the refurbishment of the Balmoral Park Pavilion following a $353,000 investment from Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Neerim South War Memorial restored with support from the Victoria Remembers Grant Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has completed restoration works on the War Memorial in Neerim South.
- Bonang Road gets $9M funding for road sealing of federal Roads of Strategic Importance program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says he has been assured that work to complete the sealing of the Bonang Road will be completed within 12 months.
- Bonang Road gets $9M funding for road sealing of federal Roads of Strategic Importance program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says he has been assured that work to complete the sealing of the Bonang Road will be completed within 12 months.
- Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project gets $2.5M federal funding to improve pathway to Gippsland water security
The Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project will receive $2.5 million in federal government funding.
Steph Ryan will not be seeking re-election at 2022 Victorian election in November
Why Nationals Deputy Leader Steph Ryan stepped down ahead of the coming Victorian election
Cat owners required to keep cats on their property 24-hour a day from 1 July 2023 as part of Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25
Comprehensive biosecurity checks of airport travellers arriving from Indonesia by federal government called for by Victorian Liberals and Nationals
Old Methodist Church in Traralgon found to be of local historic significance to Latrobe City by heritage assessment
Young people encouraged to join Gippsland Community Leadership Program via Wayne Casey Youth Scholarship Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Community feedback wanted on draft Economic Development Strategy 2022 from East Gippsland Council
Community sponsorship now available for events and ambassadorships in Baw Baw Shire until 8 August 2022