Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's minutes and agenda on their 22 June 2022 council meeting.To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 22 June council meeting.
Council Meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at the West Gippsland Arts Centre
For the asset plan and infrastructure asset management strategy, council noted the outcomes of the consultations for the Asset Plan and Infrastructure Asset Management Strategy; and moved to adopt the asset plan and infrastructure asset management strategy.
For tender recommendation report - At-call hard waste collection contract (CON-2021038), council resolved to award Tender No. 2021038 At-Call Hard Waste Collection to WM Waste Management Services Pty Ltd for a minimum period of three years and nine month, including the following provisional items:
- Bundled and Tied Green Waste
- 4WD Tyres up to 35 inches in diameter
- Delegate authority to the CEO to sign the contract documents and execute the contract
- Delegate authority to the CEO to extend the contract period by 2 + 1 years at their discretion in accordance with the available contract extension options
Strategy and organisation
For the long term infrastructure plan 2022/23 - 2031-32, council moved to:
- Adopt the Long Term Infrastructure Plan 2022/23 - 2031/31
- Notify those who have lodged a written submission of council's decision, and the reasons for the decision, in accordance with council's Engagement Policy
Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct stage 1 library and learning - PRG Community Nomination, council noted the report and endorsed the recommended community member representatives for the Project Reference Group to support the Baw Baw Culture & Connection Precinct, Stage 1 - Library and Learning Project.
Development, grants and advocacy
For the growing suburbs fund 2022 recommended projects, council endorse:
- Grant submission to the Growing Suburbs Fund for the Rollo Street Masterplan and commits $1 million for the delivery of the project
- Grant submission to the Growing Suburbs Fund for the Queen Street Streetscape project and commits $500,000 for delivery of the project
Strategy and organisation
Council approve the CEO to authorise the drawdown of a loan of $2.474 million on or around 30 June 2022 from Treasury Corporation Victoria as per the debt schedule contained in the Long Term Finance Plan 2022/23 and the Long Term Infrastructure Plan 2022/23, being a ten year interest only loan.
Revised council plan 2021 -2025 for adoption
Council moved to adopt the revised council plan 2021 -2025 and publish the adopted council plan 2021 - 2025 to the Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Annual budget 2022/23
For the revenue and rating plan 2022/23 and financial plan 2022/23 - 2031/32 for adoption, council moved to adopt:
- Annual Budget 2022/23 (including the Schedule of Fees and Charges)
- Revenue and Rating Plan 2022/23 including the differential rates noted in the document
- Financial Plan 2022/23
Cr McCabe praised staff for their work in the preparation of council's key strategic documents, recognising the work of several officers and teams.
Baw Baw Shire Council have reopened council meetings to members of the public.
Bookings are encouraged. Please visit Baw Baw Shire Council meeting website to book. All council meetings will be live-streamed, and archived recordings will be available on the council website for viewing. The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Published by: email@example.com
New registration process and and fee structure for short stay accommodation in Bass Coast Shire
Over 40 not-for-profit community groups get $165,000 grants from Baw Baw Council's 2022/23 Community Development Grants program
Ageing Well in Wellington Shire a priority with community feedback open until 11 December 2022
Free Rapid Antigen Tests priority for high-risk community members from South Gippsland Council
Help for Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists to boost psychiatry workforce pledged for election by Victorian Liberal and Nationals
Nathan Hersey elected as Mayor and Clare Williams as Deputy Mayor for 2023 term at South Gippsland Shire Council
No boating activity allowed at Lake Glenmaggiee unless exempted by Southern Rural Water
Range of activities for Activism campaign in Latrobe City from 25 November to 10 December 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot 23 November 2022