Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 10 November Council meeting.
Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month and are an open forum to which the public are welcome to attend
West Gippsland Healthcare Group and Baw Baw Shire Memorandum of Understanding for the New West Gippsland Hospital. Council moved to;
- Authorise the Mayor to sign the proposed Memorandum of Understanding between the West Gippsland Healthcare Group and Baw Baw Shire Council
- Provide ongoing support to the West Gippsland Healthcare Group for the proposed future construction of the New West Gippsland Hospital
Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25 Post Consultation
Council adopted the Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25. Approved the submission of the Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25 to the Secretary (State Government) by 4 December 2021.
S181/Bankruptcy - Sale of Properties due to non payment of rates
Council moved an amended recommendation to;
- Progress under Section 181 of the Local Government Act 1989 to recover outstanding rates and charges on the properties as identified and referenced in the confidential attachments to the report
- Progress under the Bankruptcy Act 1966, for any of the properties where it has been identified that the owner resides in the property.
Complaints policy review October 2021
Council adopted the updated Complaints Handling Policy, which was developed in accordance with the Local Government Act 2020.
Flags and banners policy 2021
Council moved to;
- Rescind the Flags, Banners and Signage Policy (2013)
- Adopt the Flags and Banners Policy (2021)
- Note the Flags and Banners Guidelines
Cr Goss addressed the damage to public assets in Noojee during this year's storm events, and the difficulty in getting money out of Bushfire Recovery Victoria to assist with recovery efforts.
In line with COVID-19 restrictions across Victoria, Council will be limiting attendance of its Council meetings. Continuing with the Wednesday 17 November 2021 Council Meeting:
- Only essential officers and Councillors will attend Council Meetings
- There will be no public access/gallery attendance at Council Meetings
Meetings will remain available to the public via live stream, and community submissions can be made in writing. The agendafor the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.
Pictures from Cr. Michael Leaney Facebook page.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest NewsBairnsdale 2050 project to help community shape future launched by East Gippsland Council
Baw Baw Connect launches as engagement platform for Baw Baw Shire Council on 9 October 2023
Bena Road development in Korumburra under VCAT review with South Gippsland Shire Council sharing exhibits until 13 October 2023
Exploring nuclear energy as viable solution to rising power costs and achieving sustainable net zero
Latrobe City Small Business Festival 2023 successfully concludes after two weeks of diverse seminars and workshops
Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday Park gets dedicated website from East Gippsland Shire Council
Registrations open for Bass Coast Local Jobs Expo from 4 - 11 October 2023
Reset and renewed focus on regional Victoria needed following Daniel Andrews departure as Victorian Premier
Resignation of Daniel Andrews chance for Victoria to recover from neglected regions and broken promises
Andrews Labor government reinstates Victorian Community History Awards and Local History Grants Program