Jobs and opportunities
Every fortnight, you can receive an online Newspaper jam-packed with latest news, any classifieds up at the time, any jobs going, and featured businesses.
Places to visit
- Bass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to share that the organisation has received national recognition in the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
- Community sponsorship now available for events and ambassadorships in Baw Baw Shire until 8 August 2022
Applications are now open for individuals and not-for-profit sporting/community groups for funding through council's Community Sponsorship program for activities that support vibrant social and community outcomes.
- East Gippsland residents encouraged to apply for new $250 Power Saving Bonus from 1 July 2022
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has encouraged all eligible East Gippsland residents to apply for the new $250 Power Saving Bonus (PSB).
- July is high-risk month for home-related drownings according to Victorian statistics
With many Victorians relaxing for the school holidays, Life Saving Victoria is urging the public to never relax their vigilance around water safety, even in your own home.
- Kosciusko and Bank Street intersection in Traralgon to get vital safety upgrade as part of federal government's $300M commitment for 2022
Latrobe City Council is pleased Regional Roads Victoria will begin vital upgrades at key intersections along the Princes Highway this year.
- Victorian Liberals and Nationals consider interim report delivered by Yoorrook Justice Commission in regards to advancing the Treaty process
While the Andrews Labor government is engaging in advancing the Treaty and the truth-telling inquiry, they have not clearly articulated how they intend to meet Victoria's other existing commitments.
- Baw Baw Shire celebrates NAIDOC week with special events from 03 to 10 July 2022
From Sunday 3 July to Sunday 10 July, NAIDOC Week events are happening across Baw Baw Shire to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Call on Andrews Labor government to partner better on delivering road infrastructure safety improvements in Gippsland by Darren Chester
The safe system approach that is designed to ensure that no crashes need to occur in the future, as we move towards zero road trauma.
- Darren Chester pays tribute to Army nurse Vivian Bullwinkel - extraordinary Australian
Tribute to Australian Army nurse Vivian Bullwinkel that it would be great to fully fund a statue in honour for the extraordinary nurse who served the army.
- Development of stage two Bairnsdale Skatepark of $460,000 underway
The next stage of the Bairnsdale SkatePark is progressing well according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- Expressions of interest open for Baw Baw Shire Council advisory committees until 15 July 2022
Council is currently seeking expressions of interest from community members looking to join three Advisory Committees to help inform and influence future council decisions.
- Facts on euthanasia of Walter the dog cleared up CEO of South Gippsland Shire Council Kerryn Ellis
A statement from South Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer, Kerryn Ellis.
- Gippsland Water to build organic waste facility with $4.8M federal funding via Food Waste for Healthy Soils program
A local water corporation, Gippsland Water, has received $4.788 million to improve facilities and efficiency with funding provided by the previous federal government.
- Traralgon and Morwell stations get major upgrades as part of $504M Gippsland railway line funding from Victorian and federal governments
Final designs have been released showcasing the major train station upgrades at Traralgon and Morwell Stations.
- Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve gets bridge upgraded to improve user safety and accessibility
An upgraded bridge at the Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve will improve users safety and accessibility while walking around the lake.
More Latest News Add your News