Jobs and opportunities
Every fortnight, you can receive an online Newspaper jam-packed with latest news, any classifieds up at the time, any jobs going, and featured businesses.
Places to visit
- Darren Chester warns East Gippsland faces potential cuts o $20M in road safety projects
Darren Chester, expresses concern that over $20 million worth of road safety projects in East Gippsland may be cut due to a federal infrastructure review, criticises the slow progress and lack of support from the Minister and department.
- Free disposal of unwanted clothing program starts with transfer stations at Lardner and Trafalgar by Upcylce4Better and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council introduces textile disposal chutes at transfer stations, allowing residents to recycle unwanted clothing and fabric for free, reducing landfill waste and promoting sustainability.
- Gippsland students from Grade 5 to Year 12 are encouraged to enter 2023 Parliament Prize competition by 16 June 2023
The Parliament Prize invites Grade 5 to Year 12 students to submit a video of themselves presenting a member's Statement, with the chance to win cash prizes for themselves and their school.
- June drowning risk reminder for Gippsland boaters and fishers over Monarch birthday public holiday
LSV warns boaters and fishers of drowning risk in June, especially on public holidays. Lifejackets and water safety urged. Increase in drowning incidents in Victorian waters.
- Crossbench federal MPs urged to visit Gippsland timber towns to learn of Victorian government ignorance and hypocrisy first hand
Concerns raised about social, economic, and environmental impacts of a nationwide ban on native hardwood harvesting. Importance of skilled timber workers emphasised for fire management and community support.
- Martin Cameron warns Andrews Labor government is repeating past mistakes by impacting local communities by neglecting regional roads
Martin Cameron, The Nationals Member for Morwell, accuses the Andrews government of underspending on regional roads, leading to unsafe conditions and an increase in road fatalities.
- Motor Neurone Disease has Big Freeze fundraiser at Bairnsdale Oval with Darren Chester 10 June 2023
Darren Chester, Federal Member for Gippsland, participates in Big Freeze fundraiser for Motor Neurone Disease. Supports FightMND and encourages donations.
- Answers on empty public housing in Gippsland from Andrews Labor government called for by Danny O'Brien
The state government is urged to explain why public housing in Gippsland remains empty while many people are in desperate need of housing, raising concerns from the Nationals Member for Gippsland South, Danny O'Brien.
- Ella Fothergill and Chloe Bethune from Federation University Gippsland win Gippsland Water Indigenous Scholarship
Chloe Bethune receives Gippsland Water's Indigenous Scholarship, while Ella Fothergill is awarded the Women in STEM Scholarship. Both will receive financial support and industry experience from Gippsland Water.
- Gippsland road maintenance slashed by 25% for total reduction of 45% since 2020 by Andrews Labor government
Concerns raised over local roads as State Budget cuts 25% from maintenance. Crumbling infrastructure poses dangers, calls for increased investment.
- Review of utilities resilience for blackout prevention and emergency response times demanded by Danny O'Brien
Danny O'Brien, Nationals Member for Gippsland South, expresses concern over new energy legislation's limited impact on power outage resilience and support for affected communities.
- South Gippsland wins Corporate & Community Planning award at LGPro COnference on 24 May 2023 and more updates
South Gippsland Shire Council update about council's projects and programs.
- World Milk Day celebrated by Southern Rural Water on 1 June 2023
On World Milk Day, we celebrate dairy farmers and their contribution to quality milk production, supporting farmers with water resources for healthy herds and productivity.
- Yiayia Next Door Community Healing Event for local community at Moe Library on 13 June 2023
Latrobe City Libraries welcome Daniel and Luke Mancuso, founders of Yiayia Next Door, for a special Men's Health Week discussion facilitated by author Scot Gardner. Their story inspires connection and kindness. Refreshments available.
- Baw Baw Shire 2023 Community Satisfaction Survey program commences 1 June sampling resident feedback by phone
Baw Baw Community Satisfaction Survey program to begin, sampling resident sentiment four times a year, aiming to assess service delivery and gather valuable feedback for improvement.
More Latest News Add your News
Ride-on mower MTD Yardman Excellent condition. Has a 46 inch cut. Situated in East Gippsland. Contact John Williams on 0428 260 549 or send online messsage using online form below pictur... $1200
Berends 6 foot slasher 2021 Almost new and in tip top condition. Available in East Gippsland. Contact John Williams on 0428 260 549 or send online messsage using online form below picture.... $3000
Ford 3000 tractor For sale in East Gippsland. Tractor is in great condition and everything works as it should. In good working order for a tractor of its age. Contact John Willia... $8000
Advertise my Classifieds FREE