Jobs and opportunities
Every fortnight, you can receive an online Newspaper jam-packed with latest news, any classifieds up at the time, any jobs going, and featured businesses.
Places to visit
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives nearly $300,000 in community grants in 2023 during celebration at Berninneit in Cowes
Recently, Bass Coast Shire Council celebrated Community Grants in Cowes, recognizing groups funded for impactful projects. Collaborating with various organisations catered to diverse community needs.
- Hidden Disability Sunflower initiative launched by Latrobe City Council will give more support to people non-visible special needs from 3 December 2023
Latrobe City Council joins the Hidden Disability Sunflower program to raise awareness for non-visible disabilities. Wearing the sunflower merchandise discreetly signals needing support, launching on 3 Dec 2023.
- Victorian drowning report shows 33% increase in drowning cases from July 2022 to June 2023
In the period from July 2022 to June 2023, there were 59 drownings, marking a 33% increase from the decade's average. Men over 45 were notably affected, while female drowning rates also rose.
- Litter cleanup on Traralgon Creek led by Martin Cameron and Darren Chester to encourage individual efforts to safeguard our environment
Local MPs Martin Cameron and Darren Chester spearheaded a community action day, clearing 10 bags of litter from Traralgon Creek. They encourage more cleanups and emphasise individual efforts to safeguard the environment.
- Outdoor pools at Moe and Yallourn North in Latrobe City now open until 11 March 2024
Latrobe City Council opens outdoor pools! Enjoy them before summer. Moe and Yallourn North pools, open till March 11, 2024, offer grassy spaces, shade, BBQs, and kids' areas for a perfect summer day.
- Wellington Shire Mayor Ian Bye elected as One Gippsland Chair
Cr Ian Bye elected Chair of One Gippsland, leads collaborative efforts to enhance Gippsland's economic potential. Priorities include renewable energy transition and job creation aiming for regional prosperity through unified advocacy.
- Bass Coast Mayor Clare Le Serve encourages residents to give what they can to Christmas Giving Trees program
Council's Customer Service Centres in Cowes, Grantville, Inverloch, and Wonthaggi are showcasing Christmas Giving Trees. Donations will be warmly received at all Centres until Thursday, 7 December 7.
- Have your say on the Playground Renewal Program 2023/24 across Baw Baw Shire by 11 December 2023
Baw Baw Shire Council plans to revamp six playgrounds, allocating $300,000 for refurbishment. Residents can suggest improvements for these spots, aiming to enhance community engagement and local family experiences by 11 December.
- Lakes Entrance slipway redevelopment will feature restored sheds, decking and upcoming food truck services
Darren Chester highlights the redeveloped Lakes Entrance slipway as a valuable asset for locals and visitors, showcasing restored sheds, new decking, and upcoming food truck services in the heart of town.
- Mobile black spots on Gippsland V/Line trains continue despite Victorian Labor promise to fix them back in 2015
The promised fix for mobile black spots on Gippsland's V/Line trains, pledged in 2015 and re-announced in 2017, remains undelivered. Melina Bath criticises Labor's failures, urging action for reliable connectivity.
- Protecting patient confidentiality and preventing genetic discrimination is crucial federal policy proposed by Dr Freelander
Russell Broadbent commends Dr. Freelander for initiating this crucial motion. Australia must prioritise privacy, eliminate discrimination, and bolster confidence in genetic testing for future health advancements.
- Sustained funding for East Gippsland Rail Trail to expand social and economic benefits urged by Darren Chester
Darren Chester highlights past challenges, celebrates achievements, and calls for expanded trails linking tourism spots, advocating collaborative government efforts
- Moe Fire Brigade gets modernised with $2.3M funding from Victorian government
Moe's new fire station, funded by the Allan Labor government with $2.3 million, boasts modern amenities for 42 volunteers, supporting the 90-year legacy of the 11-member brigade, vital for District 27's safety.
- Community feedback wanted on new designs for Cowes, Inverloch and Cape Woolamai play spaces by 3 December 2023
Community feedback to shape new playspace designs across McKenzie Views Park, Outrigger Reserve, and Woolamai Park, focusing on accommodating local preferences within design limitations.
- Feedback needed on draft Baw Baw Shire Council policy to name places and spaces naming by 18 December 2023
Share input on future place names in Baw Baw Shire. The council's draft policy aims for respectful, inclusive naming after auditing disparities.
More Latest News Add your News
Ride-on mower MTD Yardman Excellent condition. Has a 46 inch cut. Situated in East Gippsland. Contact John Williams on 0428 260 549 or send online messsage using online form below pictur... $1200
Berends 6 foot slasher 2021 Almost new and in tip top condition. Available in East Gippsland. Contact John Williams on 0428 260 549 or send online messsage using online form below picture.... $3000
Ford 3000 tractor For sale in East Gippsland. Tractor is in great condition and everything works as it should. In good working order for a tractor of its age. Contact John Willia... $8000
Advertise my Classifieds FREE