Churchill & District News:
CDCA Projects for 2003
By Peter McShane - 2nd December 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
What's CDCA doing in 2003.
1. Safe Communities Survey – Safety Audit. Including overhanging trees and branches and cars parking across footpaths.
2. Continuation of walking tracks - There was a report by Ratio some time ago for an extensive network of paths around Churchill and CDCA will be working to try and have the balance of these walking tracks completed.
3. Provision of Public Toilet facilities in Churchill - Currently there is a proposal being negotiated with council to locate these facilities as an external building adjacent to the Churchill Public Hall.
4. Canterbury Way/Monash Way Intersection. - There is currently strong community and council support for a roundabout at this intersection but so far it has been impossible to obtain funding from Vic Roads for this project. CDCA will continue to advocate for improvements to this site.
5. Churchill Civic Gardens. There is a proposal for gardens to be established around the Churchill Monument and on the other side of the highway. Unfortunately these are currently in abeyance at present due to negotiations on Motel etc. which may necessitate some exchanges of land.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles