Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 13 April
Agendas of the council meeting helst Wednesday 13 April 2022.
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 13 April council meeting.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure our documents are accessible and compliant with web accessibility, some documents cannot completely adhere to these guidelines
Moe River and the Maintenance Implications to North Canal Road, council moved to:
- Note the report in response to the general business motion tabled at the 27 October 2021 council meeting
- Note the various options regarding the management of North Canal Road and Moe River/Moe Drain Waterway
Council also moved to write to the relevant local Members of Parliament as well as the relevant state and federal ministers seeking support for future funding for the embankment stability works
Strategy and performance
Council noted the process involved in the municipal public health and wellbeing plan - action plan adoption to prepare the Baw Baw Shire Municipal Public Health & Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 Action Plan and moved to adopt the Action Plan.
Draft annual budget plan
Draft annual budget 2022/23, draft revenue and rating plan 2022/23 and draft financial plan 2022/23 - 2031/32 for public exhibition, council moved to:
- Approve in principle the draft Annual Budget 2022/23 (including the Schedule of Fees and Charges), the Revenue and Rating Plan 2022/23 and the Financial Plan 2022/23 - 2031/32 as required by Section 94 of the Local Government Act 2020
- Authorise the Chief Executive Officer to give public notice of the preparation of the draft Annual Budget 2022/23, Revenue and Rating Plan, and Financial Plan and make available copies of the documents for public inspection
- In accordance with council's Community Engagement Policy 2021 invite submissions, until midnight Sunday 8 May 2022, and provide submitters with the opportunity to be head in person by council
- Hear any submission made in accordance with the council's Community Engagement Policy, on any proposal (or proposals) contained in the draft Annual Budget 2022/23, Revenue and Rating Plan and Financial Plan, at a council Meeting to hear submissions, to be held on Thursday 19 May 2022 at the West Gippsland Arts Centre, Warragul
Consider the adoption of the draft Annual Budget 2022/23 (including the Schedule of Fees and Charges), the Revenue and Rating Plan 2022/23 and the Financial Plan 2022/23 - 2031/32 at the council meeting to be held on Wednesday 22 June 2022 at the West Gippsland Arts Centre, Warragul.
Draft revised council plan
Draft revised council plan 2021 - 2025 for public exhibition, council moved to:
- Approve in principle the draft revised council plan for 2021 - 2025
- Place the draft revised council plan for 2021 - 2025 on public exhibition in accordance with council's community engagement policy, from Thursday 14 April 2022 and invite submissions until midnight Sunday 8 May 2022
Hear submissions on the draft revised council plan for 2021 - 2025, at a council meeting to be held on Thursday 19 May 2022 at the West Gippsland Arts Centre, Warragul.
Long-term infrastructure draft
Draft long term infrastructure plan for 2022/23 - 2031/32, council moved to:
- Approve in principle the draft Long Term Infrastructure Plan 2022/23 - 2031/32
- Place the draft Long Term Infrastructure Plan 2022/23 - 2031/32 on public exhibition in accordance with council's community engagement policy, from Thursday 14 April 2022 and invite submissions until midnight Sunday 8 May 2022
Hear submissions on the draft Long Term Infrastructure Plan 2022/23 -2031/32, at a council meeting to be held on Thursday 19 May 2022 at the West Gippsland Arts Centre, Warragul.
Governance and information
Roberts Court, Drouin Bushland Block Acquisition, council moved to:
- Approve the purchase of Roberts Court, Drouin in accordance with the DCP01, known as Vol 9050 Folio 463 at a price to be negotiated with Berwick Views Estate, currently agreed at $350,000, but not exceeding the current valuation dates 12 December 2021, with settlement within 60 days
- Authorise the Chief Executive Officer to sign the required documents to finalise the purchase
Write to the Friends of Drouin's Trees to notify them of this decision and release the purchase price to the public once the settlement is completed.
General business motion
Cr Goss raised a General Business Motion requesting an officer report to change council's existing policy on two lot subdivisions within the PSP, to be returned to council no later than 25 May. Baw Baw Shire Council have reopened council meetings to members of the public.
- A COVID Marshal will be there to assist with QR Code check-in and sight proof of vaccination
- In line with the CHO's directive, all patrons visiting the West Gippsland Arts Centre must show proof of double-vaccination
Bookings are encouraged. Please visit Baw Baw Shire Council meeting page to book. All council meetings will be live-streamed, and archived recordings will be available on the council website for viewing. The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest NewsRed Rocks Road Footpath upgrade in Cowes underway by Bass Coast Council
Australian Federal Police gets extended power for another 12 months by Federal parliament via Counter-Terrorism Legislation Amendment
East Gippsland health services to share in $325M Future Health Workforce Plan election pledge from Victorian Liberals and Nationals
Gaskin Park in Churchill gets election pledge of $4M upgrade for sporting hub by Victorian Liberals and Nationals
Kamikaze Corner - most notorious intersection in Leongatha pledged $1M to be fixed Nationals and Liberals
Low housing and rental in country Victoria needs to be addressed urgently by Andrews Labor government
Mirboo North Stadium gets $2.5M commitment to rebuild as election pledge from Nationals and Liberals
Nominations for the 2023 Australia Day Awards opens opens until 11 November 2022 in Baw Baw Shire
'Protecting our ponds' project community update on 12 October 2022 at Munro Hall in Wellington Shire
Victorian Seniors Festival is back in Baw Baw Shire for 2022 with free and low-cost activities