Frequently Asked Questions
How can I display the Gippsland news on my own website?How do I add my news to Gippsland.com?How do I add photos to For Sale items?How do I bookmark this website?How do I change my password?How do I subscribe to a Gippsland.com newsletter?How do I unsubscribe from a Gippsland.com newsletter?Odd behaviour loading Content EditorWhy are there some areas of the website I can't access even once I become a member?
How can I display the Gippsland news on my own website?
To display the Gippsland Portal news on your own website, you can can follow the steps on this page.
If you're having trouble inserting the news into your webpages you can contact the Portal, and we'll gladly help you out.
How do I add my news to Gippsland.com?
For a comprehensive guide on how to add your news, please click here
How do I add photos to For Sale items?
If you have an electronic photo of your item saved on your computer, you can add the photo to display with your For Sale item.
- If you haven't already done so, download the Resizer program:
- Edit the For Sale item; click Edit icon on the For Sale item page:
- Log in if you need to.
- On the For Sale Edit page, click Edit Item Description
- Click the mouse in the content where you want the photo to go
- Click the Resizer Image button (Alt + I):
- Click Browse, and select the image file
- Enter a description if you like (eg. "1984 Laser Hatch")
- Click Upload
- Accept changes (Alt + S):
- Click Update & View
How do I bookmark this website?
To bookmark this website and make it easy to find again, follow the steps below:
- Click on the 'Favorites' menu
- Click the 'Add to Favorites' menu item
- Select where you want to store a link to this website
- Click Ok
How do I change my password?
There are a few good reasons to change your password:
- You have forgotten your password
- You think someone else may know your password
- You have had the same password for a long time
To reset a password, do the following steps:
- Go to any .WEB site that requires login, click the Administration link in the footer
- A login page will pop up. Click the "I have forgotten my password" button
- This will prompt you for your e-mail address for your membership account, which you should enter and click "Reset my password"
- Your new password will be e-mailed to your e-mail address
Please note: for security reasons, you are not able to specify your new password, as people could choose weak passwords (eg. "password" or "admin") which allows accounts to be more easily hacked into.
How do I subscribe to a Gippsland.com newsletter?
To subscribe to any of the Gippsland.com newsletters, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Newsletters page, by clicking the Newsletters link under Community Links, eg. http://www.gippsland.com/Newsletters/
- Type your e-mail address into the "Email Address:" textbox, eg. email@example.com
- Select a Newsletter(s) to subscribe to, eg. "Complete Weekly Update" and choose a Newsletter format (HTML or Text)
- Click Subscribe
How do I unsubscribe from a Gippsland.com newsletter?
To unsubscribe from any Gippsland.com newsletters, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Newsletters page
- Type your e-mail address into the "Email Address:" textbox
- Select the Newsletter(s) to unsubscribe from and choose the option "[not subscribed]"
- Click Subscribe
Odd behaviour loading Content Editor
If you use the Content Editor to edit content for your News article, Job, or any other area of the .WEB interface, you may sometimes have seen the screen to the right. This can happen occasionally when you load the Content Editor. It's a temporary problem that automatically fixes itself once the editor is fully loaded. You just have to wait for the editor to fully load.
Why are there some areas of the website I can't access even once I become a member?
By becoming a member you can do the following:
- Add your own news articles to display on the website
- Add job advertisements
- Add your for sale items
- Add events
- Add public notices
The website contains much more functionality that is only accessible by the website administrators. When you become a member you get access to all of the above features. Some of the features that you don't have access to are the 'Edit Page', 'Edit Site', 'Decision Tree', and 'Banner Ads'. These are all administrative features used to manage the website.
Ask Us A Question
If you have a question, please send it to us with the form below